PLEAAAASE STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiriru, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

People do understand there are players that love PvP and aren't trying to remove that. The PvE players only want a way to unflag their own character from PvP. This in no way impacts the rest of the server and maps.

It just means that "Player X" is no longer flagged for PvP after disabling PvP mode while "Player Y" is still flagged for PvP if they don't set their PvP mode to be disabled. That means "Player Z" can still PK "Player Y" but not "Player X".

How is the above a hard concept to understand? It works out for both sides.

chiyoko3242 and Dromi like this.
  2. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

The above concept isn't hard to understand it just goes against the entire ethos of this game. All it ever seems to be is pve players justifying and making demands for content to make their life in game more enjoyable, but what about us minority that want to pvp? Do we just swivel on your demands?

You have pvp disabled on maps up to Icy, is that not enough?

3. Dromi

Dromi Member

Ok, lets put it this way, im more then certain that more of the PVE carebears or w/e PVP players call us, would actually engage in PVP if they had an control over that option, grind is boring and it eventually gets to PVE players too, some of them mind you not all, and those would actually turn pvp on then just to chill and do something other then grind, maybe even participate in a league war or something, BUT it has to be controlled, griefing is not fun, PK is not fun if you are at the receiving end of it, and some of us actually dont have the mentality to "grow and exact revenge" we see no fun in that

4. Blitzcronk

There should be a level restriction on pking but I don't believe you should have the ability to disengage yourself from pvp entirely? Doesn't that make it a bit more enjoyable knowing you could engage in pvp at any minute?

5. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

So you value PvP over the survival of an MMO?

Pure PvP servers for the most part don't fair well in the Western part of the world like they do in the Asian regions. This is because players in the West don't have manners and will grief anyone for no reason at all other than because they can. Asian players have more respect for their peers and will only attack when attacked or warring with another group. This is why people are requesting a PvE option over here. Until you change the mentality of the random PKers then people will continue to ask for these features since their gameplay is being ruined.

Telling said players to quit if they don't like the fact that there isn't an way to disable PvP will only end up greatly reducing server population and will in the near future make it so that it isn't financially viable to run the game. Is this what you are aiming for?

Not trying to be rude with my comments but I have been around long enough and played MMOs in multiple regions both PvE and PvP to notice the difference on how the communities behave to one another.

Also, Adding the feature I mentioned in my previous post would allow the entire server to be PvP accessible (this includes lower level maps) but switch PvP status to a player based setup.

chiyoko3242 and Dromi like this.
  6. Blitzcronk

Being rude and sharing an opinion are not the same thing. I understand where you believe you are coming from but i wouldn't agree with you entirely. I personally enjoy PvP and I don't understand why us PvP players have to suffer because the majority of PvE players do not want to be killed whilst grinding, I'm sorry but that's just your bad luck. I am incredibly bias in this discussion because I value PvP above PvE.

I do not value PvP over the survival of the server, that just to me feels like you think the server revolves around PvE players and the rest of the PvP community do not have a say. You might want to look around in-game, there are leagues exclusive to PvP and the game hasn't been busier in years.

7. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

You misread where I am coming from as even I like to PvP. However, I understand where PvE oriented players come from instead of having tunnel vision.

As far as the health of the server my comment is more on the fact that the more PvE players you drive away the lower the population becomes. The lower the population the less there is for PvP players to PK. The fewer the players to PK the less likely for PvP players to remain on said MMO. This is where I was going with my server not lasting comment.

Instead you should be helping to guide said PvE players and work towards promoting The PvP aspect rather than forcing it down a player's throat. Properly promoting PvP will draw a larger crowd and more people are willing to PvP if they feel they can work towards something without being stomped on every 10-20 minutes. This is the aim I work towards. Sure, There will be times where PvP is low but the PvP scene becomes healthier on a hybrid server setup where players have to option to make their own characters PvE only or flag for PvP in the West.

8. Trevino

Trevino Member

A problem is the fact that people PK'ed with no remorse people who had no desire to PvP which caused the up rise on the forums. I am NOT saying RedFox is amazing right know..nor do I agree that 100% disabling the PvP is ideal....but if people would have should SOME restraint then maybe this wouldn't have been that big of a deal.

I said the same thing about GamesCampus as well, it comes down to people not respecting other people. A player base (and no, not all PvPers are this way) care only about the karma title they have and don't care about the well being of the server.

I am going to use Blitz as an example. It was a PvP league, however for instance they didn't touch Jasmine League. Why? It wasn't because we were "allies" it was the fact that he had a mutual respect for the league and its values of PvE. If more people had that mentality and put the server ahead of themselves then I really don't think we would have had PvP temporary disabled.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Blitzcronk likes this.
  9. Frazle

Frazle Member

Lol!
    You clearly didn't play on Asura where Hwa-Rang (mainly KR players) griefed LSB until 95% of them quit.
    They're just as human as the rest of us.

10. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Hmm...seems they actually listen sometime their players =/ I should fight more in forum xD

Szafka likes this.
  11. Deuslucifer

Deuslucifer New Member

An Anti-Pk Buff would be very very great :D

12. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Your personal experience is irrelevant to the question.

I wont get an objective answer because there isn't one.
    You like PvP, we don't. Your personal perspective is not worth more than ours. And there is no objective reason to not put in a PvP switch.

You showed no indication of knowing what the word means, so it is hardly condescending to give you the definition.

13. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

NO!

What the hell is so hard to understand about this?! Are you a bigot, or just incapable of understanding that not everyone likes the same things you do?

We don't like PvP. At all. In any way, shape or form! OR We only want to PvP on our terms. When we want to. How we want to. OR We don't want to get PKed by high levels.
    Regardless of the reason, plenty of people would like way to turn off PvP.

That is your opinion. It is not an objective fact. We do not share that opinion, and your opinion is not worth more than ours.
    Objectively there is NO reason why we shouldn't be able to turn off PvP for ourselves, if we want to.

How are you suffering? Because if there is a way for a player to turn off PvP it means they don't want to play with you, how you want to play? Oh, poor babies. The other kids don't want to play with you.
    Grow the flip up!

yes you are biased. Well beyond the capacity for reason it seems.

We don't. Why do you think what you want is more important than what we want? Why do you think you should have the right to force us to do something we don't want to do. IN A GAME.

With a PvP switch you can still play PvP against everyone else that wants to play PvP with you.
    You just can't attack people who don't want you to be able to attack them in the first place.

No, we are saying the precise opposite. That we want the same, equal, ability as you to play the game how we enjoy it.
    YOU are the ones who think that the game should revolve around you and how you like to play.

We are not telling you, you can't play PvP at all.
    We want the ability to say you can't play it with us, if we don't want to play it with you.

You're acting like spoiled brats that think the entire world should like what you like, and if they don't, they should be forced to do it anyway.

With open-pvp enabled and no way to turn it off, YOU have the ability to FORCE us into PvP, whether we want you to or not.
    We want a way to keep you from doing that.
    YOU are the ones demanding the right to FORCE other people to play how you want to play.

If they make all the maps PvE like the old servers, it will be the fault of all you pvp brats. Not ours. I haven't seen anyone suggesting they should do that. We have been saying we want a way to turn it off for ourselves.
    Which is a compromise.

You're the ones who wont compromise at all, and if that leads to the server going PvE. Well, like I said, it's your own fault for being a bunch of irrational zealots.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  14. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

I think PvP kills should give a bit of experience like in other games. I'm going to post more detailed suggestions when I have time.

15. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Which would be fine. There is no reason for that to not happen.

But that still wouldn't make it any more important than anything else that can be turned off.

16. Dromi

Dromi Member

and you know why they played our version instead of theirs? because griefing in their server is harshly punished and not only by gm's but by players aswell, nobody said they arent humans like the rest of us, just that they do think about what impact their actions will and would have, see case in point here u pk-ed ur hearts out and griefed to no end, because u were acting like that ur precious pvp was disabled, im not saying you were acting like that. I am saying that the mighty PK-ers were which lead to this situation.
    Had we had a pvp on/off toggle u could have kept pvp open world on all maps for all i care, see how every action has a consequence.
    Even dear ole Blitzie was saying not 7-10 days ago in a "i quit" thread that publisher has to review his policy towards pvp servers as they do not last, now he did a 180 all of a sudden thinking hell ya pvp servers will last, like we havent walked down that path 3-4 times already and we dont know where it leads.

17. Magnus1177

Magnus1177 New Member

I really enjoy same level pvp, like, if there is up to 10 lvls difference between me and the other person, it's actually fun for me and I accept the loss, np, analyze my mistakes and git gut. That's fun.

What I absolutely DESPISE is guys 50 lvl higher killing lowbies. It's frustrating, doesn't bring anything to the table and makes people quit and the game eventually die.

I know that some people do not enjoy ANY form of pvp at all, neither unfair nor fair.

My suggestion is: implement TWO buffs. Personally, I would like to pvp but I don't want to get PKed by Immortal ****. So, 2 buffs - one that disables PvP completely for people that want to enjoy PvE and second buff that doesn't allow me to attack or be attacked by people whose level ia higher or lower by, let's say 10. This way I can still enjoy fair PvP and everyone's happy - PvPers can still play versus their own levels (I'm sure there are a lot of people that would enjoy PvP if only it was fair) and PvE players can grind in peace

18. eu2011

eu2011 Member

Bp cc and ll pvp rest of maps pve
    Problem solved
    Why to have all maps pvp when you guys dont fight becouse you will get lose points and you all time run
    I know you need all maps to find some players who are not equit whit good gear and you kill to have win points
    You cannot post on forum when you kill your enemy a photo whit your cr
    And your sts combat to be 10 wins and 30 lose you will post when you will have 50 wins and 30 lose
    And i see alot of pvpers who post ss whit a pve/not good geared who killet
    And he say look how good i am
    The end is comming !!!!!

miakoling likes this.
  19. IrisuKyouko

IrisuKyouko Member

I don't understand why people are so against the 'on, off' switch for PvP.

Cripes even Blade & Soul has this option and it hasn't affected them an iota. The guys who want to PvP can now PvP, the guys who want to PvE can now PvE.

Really failing to understand, in particular from the PvP crowd, that such an option would be 'undermining' aswell as the fact that being able to engage in 'PvP' at any time can be considered, in any shape or form, 'fun'.

- Yes it must be 'fun' to engage in an unsuspecting opponent who is busy grinding away.
    - Yes it must be 'fun' showing how 'skilled' you are in PvP as you defeat the opponent who may only of had 25% hp left.
    - Yes it must be 'fun' deluding yourself into thinking this is the PvP experience you wish for, though it can be argued this is borderline Griefing.

I always considered that if you want to PvP, you go to BP/CC/whatever for your fun. We always had areas where you can PvP, which makes this whole 'delusion' about how there was no PvP on a PvE system somewhat defunct.

With a easily abusable wanted system, easy access to KGs and combat logging rife, I can't see the appeal of PvP in it's current state, at all.

jasand, Peachy, Deuslucifer and 2 others like this.
  20. ShaKira2008

ShaKira2008 Member

pee vee pee indeed.