Hello, I'm Paul Yoon From Joongwon Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoongWonGames, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drawcansir

Drawcansir New Member

http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/information-about-awaken.31/ <- this makes no sense
    Because we have nothing to compare it with from previous versions of the game

Icynoob likes this.
  2. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

That's how i felt!!! I just didn't want to be the ONLY guy to mention it lol i was thinking maybe everyone else understood it. (And because i made 'C' average in highschool, that maybe played a part:oops:)

3. Incognito

Incognito Member

oo that be cool :)

4. mplustravel

mplustravel Active Member

Hello JWG, Im mplus,
    I play since acclaim times.
    We are already on the threshold of the fourth. Again a new start.

You know how it is frustrating for us? We build something and then someone takes us and we can start over again and again and again and again make new chars?
    I give this game or a new provider last chance.

I have now one question, will we have NCP on Event stage? NCP for creating items: scales, tears, blood dragon, jade separator and many others items. This NCP is on KR and VN versions!!!

NCP on Event stage

Thank you for replay.

Icynoob likes this.
  5. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

First let me thank you for getting in touch with this community.

My opinion is that we should not have so much lottery in the game.
    If we are farming for Items X,Y,Z..etc, then i rather have those items harder obtainable, but guarantee success on that crafting will give. Thats how most MMOs are doing it, and everyone is happy. With current system, players easily get disappointed, and quit.

I Want to ask you one thing.. that many players are seeking answer to this as well:
    Why someone would play Beggar Warrior, and not Shaolin or Thieve Warrior ? Warriors using pole/spear, have much higher damage --> Faster Grinding --> Benefit way much more with exp cards during events --> Outdmg everyone on important bosses. They even have bigger smash ranges than beggar warrior.
    So what is the logic behind this? Haven't you noticed that servers are only crowded with shaolins/thieves warriors?
    Please share what we are missing here (if we are missing here), explain what Beggar warriors have that shao/thieves don't.
    Give us a REAL Reason why beggar warriors should be picked by someone

6. Blaze

Blaze Member

Can we get the Old UI Back where the exp was inside the dragon where the role icon is now ? :rolleyes:

shanayali likes this.
  7. PimpPoweR

PimpPoweR Member

Hello there....
    I have only 3 questions.

Why don't you guys update the graphics/UI in this game?

When we will get the advanced clans/3rd role????

When 9Dragons Begins will be released?

8. mplustravel

mplustravel Active Member

ADV clans are not in any versions 9D. And not will be.

9. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Thanks for your concerns ![/QUOTE]
    Thank you for responding to my comment and everyone else's. These small things which mean almost nothing to most people mean everything to us. If we were able to have regular updates, a stable and safe publisher and actual feedback and input on a regular basis from the developers, publishers and in-game staff then we'll easily have the best version we might have ever had. I understand there are times when publishers and developers don't always see eye to eye and I do appreciate you guys are still putting time and effort into this game.

We have an entire CBT group ready to test out this game and try our best to feedback positive comments, there is no need for angry or hostile messages, it doesn't help anyone. I'll happily speak to you after CBT, OBT and during release. All I want and this is from a personal place in my heart is regular conversations from both the developers and the publishers. GC were notoriously bad for not responding and often just deleting messages. So far we've had input from Ahri, Shinnen and yourselves which is more than we've seen in a very long time.

Keep it and if you're good to us we'll be good to you. We equally have the ability to make this game beautiful together.

Your English is absolutely fine mate, I understood you perfectly and thank you once again for responding it means a lot.

Icynoob likes this.
  10. Falcon

Falcon Active Member

Hey Paul,

I want to tell you that i love the new changed that you guys made to this version of the game im the kind of guy that is always open to experience new stuff in game, thank you for giving me this chance with 9Dragons Awaken.

And now, i want to ask someting about developing and publishing the game ... Beside playing it, no matter what game ... i was always fascinated about the developing side and im curious, why JoongWonGames does not publish the game and why you guys always give contracts to other international game publishers.

Take as example, NCSoft they develop Blade & Soul and they also publish it to EU, US and Asia also another example is Perfect World Entertainment, they develop theyr own games and they also publish it to EU, US and Asia. In my opinion and experience this thing will have better benefits to the game. The community will always be alive and there will not be necessary to change the publisher every few years.

Thanks you,

:)

11. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Hello Paul Yoon,
    I would like to receive an answer to this :
    In the old 9d version, weapons like staff and wheels had a bit lower dmg more than other weaps, while other weaps like spears had much more max dmg.
    But the main problem, is that the reinforcement (most of the damages) is based only on MAXIMUM DAMAGE of the weapon, and this at high levels makes HUGE damage differences between a spear or wheels (some thousands damage, depends on the reinforce!). And that created lots of unbalance between classes (that's why we usually see lots of shao/bot warriors and few LoB or SF warriors).
    Now I saw on the announcement that "damage multiplier is simplified on each weapon type", so I was wondering if they finally balanced damages of weapons or they fixed the reinforcement formula.

Another thing.
    Good karma. Good Karma titles are way harder than bad karma ones. And I don't understand why when a white clan attacks you FIRST (and you are white clan too), and you kill him, you lose good karma (or you have to run to safe!)
    It should work like this :
    If you kill someone of your same clan and you ATTACK first, you lose good karma.
    But if you kill someone of your same clan and HE ATTACKS you first, you gain good karma. Or if he has a bad karma title and you kill him, you gain good karma. (considering they are "evil" it should be right to gain good karma by killing it, no?)
    Thanks

12. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

Hello Paul!
    I really hope you take into account what you said about the crafting system. I believe that every item should be obtainable without failing a hundred times to get it. That's why I prefer collections to assemble system or those lottery boxes that you guys use. I wouldn't mind farming a lot of materials if I knew that, after all that farming, I'd get the item I have worked for. The problem is that most times, you have to farm a lot of materials and then you depend on luck to get them -.- Anyways, if you keep the assemble system, at least gives us better rates than the ones that were implemented in GamesCampus (since I've heard that in Korean version those rates are higher).
    Thank you for keeping in touch with us and I really hope that the "upgraded version" doesn't give a lot of problems like it did in GC's version.
    Oh, and by the way, don't worry about your English ;)

13. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

Welcome Back Paul and good to see you here.

Concerning this version it's seems very interesting especially because they you use the publisher change to start with a real version of the game!
    However I do have some questions:

Do you plan to directly implement full KR content here with the new stat system or it will be something like 80% of the KR version with the missing parts that will come later (such as the 2nd Kunlun part, Potala Palace in Tibet, the Fisher NPC...)?
    I am wondering if you will use this opportunity to be able to implement the next updates at the same time (almost) for KR and this version?

Bonus questions:

Have you gave up the NineDragons2 version ? There is no more advertisement on you website now...
    Same for 9Dragons on Phone?

Yeah sure.... and the worst part is that we have only some English players here... nobody gave me advise for English while my first goal was to create guides in order to practice English :(...

14. Quagnoth

Quagnoth New Member

hay me and a buddy of mine miazix have been playing this game forever we are planning on streaming the game a crap ton during the beta so if we find any bugs we can have video for you guys if/when we find bugs where should we send that info so they can be fixed.
    Thank you for taking time to read the forms and cant wait for this to come out!

15. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

The only thing that makes different clans unique are their clan clothes and weapons. The weapons MUST be balanced. Make them have the same damage. Then we can play any class we want for any role

Icynoob likes this.
  16. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Just to say...even GLOVES have more DAMAGE than STAFF/WHEELS (reinforced) <_<

Icynoob likes this.
  17. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

That's my main concern... I wana try beggar warrior this go round instead of Shaolin,
    but i want to be able to KS a shaolin warrior or a BOT warrior with my staff on an EQUAL playing feild!

ihgyug likes this.
  18. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Nice to see the developers getting involved here.

Just to once and for all put the issue to bed, quite a few people prefer playing this game without open-world PvP. Some don't play PvP at all. I understand there is some sort of anti-PK buff in the game, but having to pay to turn off a side feature just so no one can force me to use it, feels like a punishment, so is there any way you could implement an option either in game, or in the client prior to logging in, to totally turn off PvP?

19. 9DragonsHermit

9DragonsHermit New Member

Welcome Paul now let me ask you how you are affiliated with Webzen!

I find it rather funny to see Webzen buying out the competition, first at
    GPotato US, GPotato EU, now Games Campus, What is next Nexon,
    Aeria Games, & Perfect World! The community from AOW is upset with
    management well support mainly takes to long to answer questions.

Last "support ticket" timed over 7 days before staff chimed in. If you are
    making all this new features possible let me ask why not add in the last
    peace to 9 Dragons Era. Many say Advance Clans never existed however,
    can assure you the game was built in 2002, launched in 2004 & Acclaims
    did have a water down version which they always quoted from staff as
    "lost in translations"!

Many say I am not true however, am still the only American who played the
    KN, HK, EU versions of the game using what most the the Americans do not
    like using "Linux" manual patches from from version 1 up to version 24 not only
    from the original but, from private servers too.

My history with all the time with 9 Dragons version has always made me thirst
    for the last adventure to finally see the Advanced Clans once more. Those who
    do not know or say they never existed should read the story line of how they
    did exist in the game.

The story starts "10 years ago....... war raging over the lands... as once was
    balance in the lands..... Clans started to separate from each other.... many
    clans names started to fade away.... as the ones who where left standing...
    where balance was lost... the forever bound in time...."

"The most powerful of warriors was placed into dungeons..... the skills of the
    warriors was lost within the lands..... until one day they return to restore balance
    back to the lands....."

Many do not know this but, have helped with environmental breaks, road to dragon,
    fixes, in game integrity of the database. For all those developers who have told me
    it is not possible for such things to happen. I am call your buff out this day & prove
    to everyone it is possible to add in the illusion of the "advanced clans" to the database
    via SQL.

Please tell me it is not possible one more time or quote "We can only add titles not the
    advanced clans" One more Game Master, Administrator, Publisher tell me you can not
    do so I vow to prove you all wrong & show proof it is possible. For example, you make
    it possible for new in game maps, clan deco's, new quest for maps. Please say this one
    more time to me opening or privately I will call your buff out.

Since 2009, I challenged myself to prove staff wrong under went college to show others
    lies of community leaders. My profession I am a Web Developer I minor in Game Arts
    & Design! So please tell me your lies once more & as before the community will see
    the truth of how it is possible.

You will not like me cause what I say is true & truth hurts those with big wallets you will
    love me cause for the first time in over 14 years the game will finally be where it should
    be.

Balance the game, make it fun & others will join! Tell others lies, break promises & the
    community will leave as it did before. The truth will always prevail over those who think
    they can mask it.

"I am honest, I am true, I am humbled are you!"

20. fataljustice

fataljustice Active Member

You want pve ?go play suba 9d dude

machatzi and ihgyug like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.