What happened to Awaken changes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magnus1177, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Magnus1177

Magnus1177 New Member

Hi,

I just read through 9D Awaken changes:

http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/information-about-awaken.31/

There are many points which I feel are not true on live, like:

Change Chi Kung damage base stats: Wisdom -> Essence - wisdom still grants chi kung damage?
    In PVE, there is no penalty on damage and attack rate of monsters above 5 level (previously, 60% damage only applied) - this one is probably the biggest. The damage is still reduced by ~40% when dealing with higher level enemies. It can be very easily checked. I can one or two shot enemies that are 5 levels higher, but once I approach an enemy that is 6 levels higher, I need 3 hits. The difference in damage with standard buffs and no anger is as follows:

5 levels: 1st hit brings the enemy down to ~29%, second one kills. Around 71% damage in enemy's health. Around 174k damage inflicted in one hit.
    Approaching enemy 6 levels higher: first hit down enemy to 63%, 2nd to 19% and 3rd kills him. Around 96k damage done in one hit. As can be easily calculated, taking different damage variations (like minimum to maxium damage, etc), this can be easily calculated into ~40% damage difference. The best thing is, this applies only to physical damage. Chi Kung damage is not reduced at all, no matter the level. However, physical damage still follows the old formula for some reason. This especially hurts warriors and healers.

Finally:

In PVE, the experience points gained by killing monsters above 5 level than your character has increased from 140% to 220%

I also checked this, there is no difference in experience gain between an enemy killed that is 5 levels higher and 6 levels higher.

I do not know if other changes are applied, but based on the above, shouldn't this be further investigated? Or am I misunderstanding the Awaken changes post?

Thank you in advance.

2. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Lol you’re wasting your time.
    What is said and what is reality are two different things around here

Swim likes this.
  3. PlayeR

PlayeR Active Member

This is how JW force you to choose Chi Kung role.
    The problem is that once server was full of warriors, than they decide to start nefr phys dmg a bit to bring some other roles on stage also.
    After several not that big nerfs which didn't really successed (like Phys hit sucsses etc ) picture remain the same 90 % warriors on server. So they decide to nerf more until ppl move to other role.
    So despеred times need despеred meаsures .....
    They introduce dungeon that chikung role without weapon deal more dmg than Phys role with + 17 repel.
    The scary part is that 2 years after that they introduced 1 more dung with similar formula.
    And finally they did it !!!
    Now you can check Tao and Yin top 100 looks like 91 hybrids / 5 nukers / 2 healers / 1 warri.
    As some players said : Warriors are not weak, they just need x 10 more gear :D
    In other words they are x 10 weaker, so please be a good boy and choose your Ck role :)

4. Magnus1177

Magnus1177 New Member

This makes me really sad to hear, both your and Ozbud's post. I would still appreciate some feedback from GMs, perhaps (I know it's doubtful I get any), I am all against any imbalance, be it against CK classes or physical ones. Me myself, I was dragged into 9D because of Kung Fu, that's what made me play it back in Acclaim times and what keeps me going now. I don't like CK gameplay at all, I feel it's boring and for me it's either play a physical class or not play at all. I don't mind even giving some money to the company to be able to progress, as long as I know that the palce I am headed for actually makes some sense. Right now, being a warrior is honestly depressing, as you will be outclassed by CK classes in every single way, be it pve or pvp. And let's be honest, CK gameplay is not unique in any way for many, most people I know were attracted by different kung fu gameplay, not throwing color balls around the map. Once again, I don't want warriors to become overpowered again, since it would create the same issue, just on a different side. What I believe could be done, would be implementing Awaken changes that we were told that were actually implemented (why can CK grind high end mobs while being 50 or so levels below, while warriors can't is beyond me) and giving warriors, healers etc possibility to do every type of content. Why have a specific class if it makes no sense to play it? It's a terrible design choice that drives players away.