Very concerning warning to RedFox before I start playing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilroyjr, Jan 18, 2016.

1. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

I just heard that RedFox will be the new organization hosting 9dragons, one of the best and most fun mmorpg's Ive ever played starting in 2007. But be careful RedFoxGames, 9dragons has the potential to be a very fun game and can be completely ruined by how the organization runs the game.

1) Is this game going to be pay2win? Be warned, Pay2win is the DEVIL of 9dragons. I cannot stress enough how pay2win will absolutely ruin the potential of this game under your control. I assure you, you will NOT grow this game if you implement the item mall as a way to gain a significant advantage. Half of the people that have ever played 9dragons will not bother playing a pay2win game. We have had enough of pay2win in the history of 9dragons. It makes the game completely unfun and pointless to grind and compete to level up or be the gods of pvp. In my opinion, the ONLY feature in the item mall that should give an advantage is the Premium Package. It is a small boost for players and is a way for your players to show support for your game. Of course that wont be the only thing to be in the item mall (that also ridiculous) You need to grow as a game with the support of your players through payment transactions. It is up to you, the org, to chose carefully what to put in the item mall. Be extremely careful with how you deal with purchasable items in regards to refining, if you decide to put anything at all. This goes for anything that gives players any kind of advantage/stat boost. Decos, warps/summons, leaches, and so on I have no problem with because it is not gamebreaking, it is simply convenient for the player. I am not up to date with all the ******** that has been in the game because I got so tired of the direction previous orgs were pushing the game, and I quit numerous times because of it. A majority of players have quit for the very same reason. Item mall items such as "lottery boxes" are a HUGE NO. I am instantly turned off to 9dragons if someone spends $100 on a "chance" to get gamebreaking overpowered items. You have the opportunity to grow a truly underrated game. Dont blow it.

2) Are there going to be consistent and creative events? One thing that everyone looks forward to in 9dragons is the events, especially when you start to slow down during the grind. EXP events are the most popular in other orgs. But be careful with this as well. DO NOT over-saturate your game with experience events. You do not want players to beat your game in the first month. Old 9dragons players remember how fast the pace of the game was when 9dragons was born. Last time I played, it seemed like a faster pace (there's nothing wrong with that) but it also seemed too fast with the x5 experience for 24 hours, and then when it gets back to normal experience, the player loses interest because they are used to a "hyper-leveling-pace" in the game. Then you will constantly get players bitching about how they want high-multiplier experience events because it is what they are used to. The game is supposed to be a grind. Keep the players interested to continue playing with a moderate pace. Be creative with other events: pvp events, boss spawn events. I dont know what else you have in mind. That is up to you, the org, to stand out from the rest. I look forward to what you come up with.

tldr: pay2win will ruin your game. Be consistent and creative with your events if you want to grow your game to be successful.

Swim, Perfection, Abu and 4 others like this.
  2. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

+1
    Nice, a refreshingly constructive post, hope GMs read it.

kilroyjr likes this.
  3. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

It's straight up business, they use their marketing skills knowing dumbasses will fall for it.

Every game is the same, pay to have the advantage.
    Not to mention they have to make profit... otherwise the game won't run at all, you obv don't know how things work.

akam6666 likes this.
  4. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

The power is in the hands of the consumer <any good businessman knows this>

I won't pay anymore than I think the game is worth.

kilroyjr and Perfection like this.
  5. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Especially when we all know that all our cash bought pixel's will be wiped on day (Hopefully not too soon)

xiros likes this.
  6. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

well seems games not started yet but yet forum looks like old forums,dumb talk
    ftp means what it says.

7. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

seems all ur arguments in forums have led the redfox team to work on another game they wanna add instead of 9d thanks

kilroyjr and akam6666 like this.
  8. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

do your best redfox ignore the nonsense, these comments dont represent us all come from gc.

kilroyjr likes this.
  9. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

most decos in the item mall are completly useless.
    no stats and 2 slots? thats prettu darn useless. and any game especially at the start is pay to win. i think it will be pay to win for the first two or three months and then the economy will start to balance itself out.

on a random note... you guys really have to bash on the forums dont you?

10. Maxim

Maxim Member

I'm just wondering how redfox gets to transfer accounts from webzen??? (RFonline)
    GC management here much???
    if so, I've seen how they run the IM.
    :eek:

11. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

same management sounds like a possibility. and it would explain

the other explanation... webzan is reducing the games and making the most Money out of it. sell 9d and rf online and keep the ones that bring in serious Money and are newer.