Unable to move in certain directions.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CigarGorilla, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CigarGorilla

CigarGorilla New Member

I just came back to the game and have had this issue since OGPlanet.

I couldn't jump in the Northwest direction
    but I could walk and run just fine in that direction.

I changed my keybinds to numpad and It fixed it
    but i couldn't jump in the south west, south east direction nor counter. But walking and running in that direction was working.

I changed it back to default because I can handle not jumping in a single direction but now i cannot jump in the northwest and southeast direction, but can walk and run and fight normally.
    Before changing the keybinds FROM DEFAULT i only had the issue of being unable to jump northwest, changed the keybinds then changed it back to default now for some reason is unable to jump northwest AND southeast?

Previous times i have uninstalled, reinstalled the game and etc. fixes. Can anyone explain what's going on? It's completely wonky

2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Welcome back @CigarGorilla.

For starters, could you check your keys here so that you can verify whether the keys are functioning?

If your keys are not registering, it could be because your keyboard is "ghosting".

CigarGorilla likes this.
  3. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

Ah. This sounds a lot like keyboard ghosting. Some keyboards are developed in such a way that certain key combinations are impossible.

For example:
    I use WASD and IOP as my main keys for RF. With one of my keyboards, I can not press W+D+I+P to do a grab in the Up-Right direction. On another keyboard, I have no issues with this at all. It's all about how the wires and such are laid out on the inside.

The solution is just so save up some money to buy a new keyboard. Look for ones that talk about "Anti-ghosting." You can find ones that do this and only cost about $10 or maybe even less depending on the store.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    CigarGorilla likes this.
  4. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Get new keyboard noob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.