Some logical UI improvements

Discussion in 'Etc' started by Foxstar, Mar 23, 2016.

?

Select your support [Check all that apply]

1. Block Player +1

80.0%
  2. Command Index +1

70.0%
  3. "Try" button +1

80.0%
  4. Vote to kick +1

60.0%
  5. Host never changes +1

70.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Foxstar

Foxstar New Member

Hello there, Rumble Fighters!

I come to you today with some suggestions on how to improve our interface to make the day to day more enjoyable. Or rather, to implement ways on dealing with the really bothersome aspects of our community.

• Mute/Block Player
    Firstly, we should be able to mute or all together block specific players. This should be client sided and mainly only make it to where you (the user) cannot see any chat text written by the them (the blocked player.) It should also prevent them (the blocked player) from adding you (the user) to their friend list. It would not interfere with anyone entering a room however.

Currently our only way to do this is to type "/off" turning off all chatting completely. This is a tiresome way of dealing with this as it also prevents seeing chat from anyone else and sometimes causes further issues. We should be able to stop communication from the problem, not from the rest of the community.

Command Index
    This one really should be there and I can't figure out why it wasn't implemented from the beginning. Basically, we need a list or index of the various commands the game uses. Previously I mentioned the command "/off" to disable chat, however that is only revealed in text during some loading screens. As with many rather important aspects of the game. I propose there be an index added to the settings screen with all of the information on all of the commands (/off, /shout, /g, /w), macros (/dance[x(x)], /pt, /taunt[x]) hotkeys (Pressing "," automatically begins a text to guild chat / Pressing tab begins a reply to the last person to whisper you), and their corresponding uses.

Option to try skill items
    This one used to be in the game. A little button to try a scroll before you bought it. The only reason I can conceivably see for having it removed is to make it easier to sell scrolls and exos that were essentially two other ones put together with a different name. I can only see that as being a good thing for us as a community so we can hopefully force progress by not being duped into buying these lazily recycled products. We as a community need to fight to bring this one back.

Vote to kick
    The auto kick just isn't enough. There are way too many situations where one player becomes host and ruins an entire room for no good reason. While I haven't really thought through the entire process of how this would work (as just thinking isn't enough, it needs testing.) We very clearly need a new way to deal with players who only wish to upset other players. Most other online PvP games already have this implemented from the beginning as it's a pretty basic way to keep players happy with who they're playing with and is proven to help reduce rude behavior.

While I see how this can go badly, there are ways to prevent the abuse of this system. Like preventing the same person from calling a vote multiple times in a set period and/or preventing the same person from being voted against again in a set period.

Host never changes
    This one really should be at LEAST an option. When creating a room, a host shouldn't have to lose his or her room if they lose. This not only opens a user up to trolling it makes closing their own room more difficult.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not a game developer and the following information is based on second hand knowledge but this game was developed as P2P... P2P games should only change hosts when the original host disconnects or leaves. Instead Rumble Fighter changes hosts regularly. Creating instability and inconsistency between games.

Now, if my information is correct, it would make much more sense to keep a semi-permanent host when a room is created. This prevents users with less of an acceptable connection from taking over as host and creating a desynchronization between the rest of the room.

TL;DR
    1. Ability to block specific players chat.
    2. List of all commands and macros in game.
    3. Try before you buy for Skill Items.
    4. Voting to kick a player from a room.
    5. Host doesn't lose room unless they leave.

I may continue this post with further UI suggestions and will update the title with a date if I do so.

Yusuke and Trypheno like this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Support.

Fraud and Foxstar like this.
  3. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

1.Support
    2.Support
    3.Support
    4.I dont
    5.I dont