[Solved] - [Game Client] Missing file TR_EFFECT.XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erlangga, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Erlangga

Erlangga Member

Hi, I've encounter an error starting the client, it said "Failed to open package file [...\9Dragons Awaken\Data\Texture\TR_EFFECT.XP]". The error occurred when loading the game after successfully checking gameguard.
    The thing is, there is no such file in that folder. And yes, I had done re-downloaded the installer 3 times using redfox downloader and every install process was successful, no error or warning whatsoever, yet the file still not in that folder. And so the problem persist.
    Could anyone share an insight about the solution, or could you possible upload the file so I can download it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Check and make sure your anti-virus isn't deleting any files.

Erlangga likes this.
  3. Erlangga

Erlangga Member

Thank you for the response.
    I had suspected that too, so I did a check on the quarantined files of my AV. But it's not there, I tried installing the game with my AV uninstalled and firewall deactivated. But the file is still missing from the folder.

4. s0ulmaster

s0ulmaster Member

Erlangga likes this.
  5. Erlangga

Erlangga Member

Yes, that is. Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, now I've got these other errors:
    [​IMG]
    then this:
    [​IMG]
    then this:
    [​IMG]
    and this last one:
    [​IMG]
    Now, I'm positively sure that my setup file is somehow corrupted (even after 4th successfully downloads, yes, I've just downloaded it once again), but I have no means to check it other than the file size which is 1.789.418 KB same as shown in the installation guide.
    [​IMG]
    I did hash check on the file with these result:
    MD5: 87b3c92c9f6f5dc0af43d3a4329cedd7
    SHA1: 3fa28eabaa32e62c0012b2d744c0f0161b7e21f3
    SHA256: 93ce23f6e645794e2386933b7f4b96e4168eb34a497c0a60c81440760cdad260
    [​IMG]
    But, like I say, I have none to compared them to since the installation guide doesn't include the hash values.

I guess I wasn't meant to play the game again he he.. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help, have a nice day and wonderful play time!

6. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello!

Please send in a support ticket if you're having trouble installing your client. :)

7. Erlangga

Erlangga Member

Hello too!
    Thanks for the response, I'm currently re-downloading the client through Steam. So let's see if this one work first, if not, then I will thinks about sending the ticket.

8. Erlangga

Erlangga Member

So I installed the game through Steam.. and compared both installed files.. nothing different apart from the missing TR_EFFECT.XP.. the only difference is, Steam also installed DirectX 9 runtime..
    I replaces the files in the the standalone install game folder with the one from steam and it works smoothly.. so if anyone experiencing those error as I had.. it's worth to try this method too.. :)

BTW, I'm level GB 11 now.. xD

[CM]NineArts likes this.
  9. sannu

sannu New Member

i used window 10 with DirectX 12 basein install i got same error how can i solve it pls help