Saver or Assasin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abrac, Apr 2, 2016.

?

Assasin or Saver

1. Assasin

17.4%
  2. Saver

82.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abrac

Abrac Well-Known Member

So ive always used saver cause i thought it was more practical and it saves me so many times, now I couldn't play without it tbh

Assasin to me just seems pointless unless you have high crit stats

What is your guy's opinion?

2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Saver is better but then you start to become overly reliant on it. Ultimately up to you.

Fraud likes this.
  3. Maylen12

Maylen12 Well-Known Member

I prefer Assassin, Saver is just cheap,specially on Demo, obvi I'm the king and I can't be using that , I'm no scrub.

HumoLoco likes this.
  4. Xenester

Xenester Active Member

It's preference if you don't need to use the saver mechanic than you can choose more damage with assassin.

5. Pfresh4ever

Pfresh4ever Active Member

Assasin cuz saver is *** and its for noobs that need help in moon, why would they put some **** like that in this game ******* stupid. now if you dont play moon u can still get assasin, i dont really know what assasin do. i think it boost ur str or something

6. YeezyJesus

YeezyJesus Active Member

7. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

It all depends on playstyle. Which maps/modes you play often also play a factor.

I use saver but in my opinion assassin is the master race. There are a couple ways to get up quickly even without saver if you're talking reliancy. Assassin is a great damage boost and is recommended if you have stats or if you can pressure well.

Abrac likes this.
  8. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Assassin like he said is better, Saver is ok for getting back up soldier. But otherwise i think one benefits from Assassin alot more then saver. Assassin=Faster games due to damage you hit a **** load of crits normally even though it's a small boost. Saver as it says saves you alot. :p If your clumsy or tend to walk into floorers then ye choose saver. But if you're overall agile an can dodge alot then choose assassin.

9. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

Assasin is better in 1v1. Saver is useful in demo and other maps.

10. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

Assassin to the max, I love hearing the sound it makes. Plus I have high crit so my crits land very often

Nicki likes this.
  11. Saiiyuki

Saiiyuki Well-Known Member

Assassin grants an extra amount of % to do a critical hit. It's most effective when used in conjunction with multi hit scrolls like Rage, Shaolin Crane, Eagle Claw, etc. in terms of which gives is better; saver is better by far.

We have items in game that can grant you the ability to do a critical hit. Equipping more of them can increase your chances even more to do a critical hit without the need for the "Assassin" subclass.

Saver grants the ability to get up when knocked on the ground almost immediately. There is no item that grants that ability. It is an ability unique and that is only able to be acquired by getting Saver. It allows you to avoid combos, avoid ground hits, get off the ground after a combo that normally would edge you, etc.

Tl;Dr version
    Saver is better because it grants a unique and useful ability that is otherwise unobtainable by other means.

Bored, Illyasviel, SoarRF and 4 others like this.
  12. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

Basically this. There are items that increase your chances of doing a critical hit already.

13. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

I've been using Saver since I can remember, I only brought Assassin yesterday because my friend was telling me how "good it is" but I prefer Saver since I feel like I can play better with it and avoid groundhits, having no saver makes me feel like a level 10 again, I could just equip that BM top gives 50 Crit and have the same thing basically so yeah.

14. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

If u got multi hit scrolls like rages kkp and shaolin cranes kick go assassin if your a noob that can't stay off the ground saver

Tl;dr assassin for pros saver for ppl who can't stay of the ground

HumoLoco likes this.
  15. BlazingWolf9

BlazingWolf9 Member

Saver is kind of high risk high reward.
    Using it instantly all the time will just get you juggled again because you arnt invincible (and if you are, not for long)
    But if you use it when they go to ground hit you can combo off of it.
    Or use it and dodge to combo ect.

Saver takes more skill to use at its fullest potential and adds a new element to the game.

Assassin is good if you want that cheesy damage, but you don't have many crit items. Or you just like tons of damage *phreak? no? okay.)
    If you think you can dodge enough or dont play maps with lots of edges often, (moon dos risky you get the idea)
    Assassin is probably better.

Saver is good in both scenarios but idk I have saver because **** you and your rams. *grabs into the n'th demension*

16. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

For overall game play, Saver is by far the better option.

Saver's pros are very much evident in game modes like Free For All and Teams. For example, when an enemy knocks you down, having Saver means you can enter the battle a lot faster compared to Assassin users. For free for all, Saver can also prevent ground hit edges and even shorten knock back range, given fast enough reaction time. Saver's core weaknesses are covered in these modes as well, because generally the enemy cannot divert all their attention onto you.

Unfortunately, Saver in any situation where you find that the enemy can focus solely on you is the worse option. Saver's wake up game is very troublesome and leaves very limited options due to its groggy recovery time.

17. Manners

Manners Best Dressed

I did see quite a few people telling me that Saver was bad because it gets me killed a lot easier but I think that the best part about Saver is that the actual rate of it working isn't based on % but the fact that you can use it whenever you want essentially, I know some people who have saver but don't use it for around 5 games and then end up scaring me because I'm not expecting them to use it. Lol.

18. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

Saver bc nothing like getting up and grabbing someone off the map when they try to ground hit you etc ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Yusuke likes this.
  19. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

Saver overall better for sure even in 1v1

Saiiyuki and Yusuke like this.
  20. Inaros

Inaros Active Member

Atleast with Saver u wont get hit by ground hit XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.