Returning player seeks guidance !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jkoby, May 7, 2022.

1. Jkoby

Jkoby New Member

Dear friends,

I am returning to 9d after a long break . But after returning i find myself totally confused . The game has totally changed. New relics, new weapons, some new maps / dungeons.. Really could do with some help. By help i mean guidance on how to get back into the game...Unfortunately, all the names in the messenger friendlist also dont glow ( guess they all left / made new characters)...

Please help me ...dear kind people.

2. Gable12

Gable12 New Member

Nowadays best overall farming roles are nuker and hybrid (both of these can use melee and chi kung efficiently).
    So best to start with one of these as a foundational character (personally I say nuker as it has 3 ranged aoes).

Try to join a league for more specific guidance but here's my brief beginner 101 in the meantime.
    The game really starts at IS+ (240ish) this is where your grinding begins to turn into farming.
    Depending on gear you can start at normal map mobs until 2nd role, from there switch to GCM green, then to GCM red, and once you hit around HG farm CCD red (also keep red SRS passes from these runs as they are expensive to buy) to acquire gold to buy items to be able to run SRS red.
    This should lead you to high HI or low IS.

Icy dung gives two epis worth 40b+ (it's worth more I just forget the exact amount) and if you're melee this is probably your best option (chi kung users can use melee wep here).
    If you are chi kung you can run Loulan Golden Castle more efficiently than melee (if you are melee role use repel bracer aoe to speed up run) which gives a choice of 2 epis (worth around 10B each) and Sealed Bead Excellence (these sell for 20kk-25kk each).
    Quick note; the epis for icy and LLGC take a LOT of runs to make.
    As mentioned before you can also farm CCD red (grab weapons and SRS passes as they NPC well).
    These all effectively can help you make money to buy gear or kick start your journey into the buy low sell high way of making money.

There's a lot more to do but getting into it would take a lot of time so I'll leave it at this.

Jkoby and DarkAlanVagabond like this.
  3. Jkoby

Jkoby New Member

Firstly let me thank you for taking your precious time in replying to my post. I have been playing since Acclaim , and even though the game has definitely advanced multifolds since then, no mistaking, the one major thing that has definitely come down drastically, and i do say drastically is the drop rate. No wonder we now see more and more people just sit A F K in the villages, rather than grind. The only time they grind now is during the weekends, when there is an event with increased drops !!!
    Now, when a player returning after a long break comes back to play, I also find that the economy , the market and its rates too have changed drastically... People now sell everything in Billions of Gold !!! ( Did I just say Billions ? ) ... Now , with such a low drop rate which has been imposed upon ( although they will disagree) . How does one actually farm , make Gold inorder to even buy the relics, clothes or weapons ?
    Luckily i was able to retrieve an old account with 2x HG 3 characters . Having done that, i now find my weapons outdated, my clothes outdated, my relics outdated . and not knowing as to where exactly I should be grinding (?) cause the Maps are telling me a different story ..Earlier in a different post someone talks about grinding in Extreme VOH ?? How does one even get the passes for that ? You talked about making Icy epi's that can fetch some money.. could you kindly elaborate as to which epi's to make ? and How / where ?

But I sincerely do hope and pray that if any of the staff are reading this , they take efforts in atleast increasing the drop rates ,not only will this make players grind each day, it will also make life in 9dragons much easier

4. Gable12

Gable12 New Member

I will start with a small update.
    There were just some significant changes regarding ck roles.
    Now LLGC is no longer best run by ck roles.

The easiest way to make money with mediocre at best gear is still probably CCD red (best run with ck role due to aoes).
    Run it on events and depending on the amount of time you put in you will make a good amount of money.
    A general tip for CCD is daily you get 1 drop card if logged into your account for 2.5hrs so do this then use it on events (7 cards per week or 3.5hrs of 2x drop farming).

Icy epi is a large collection of boss drops that you then use to create materials to make icy epi.
    In order to get these drops you will need to run icy dung and I believe these only drop on green and red runs (red you'll need IS and decent gear to run).
    A random example of somebody doing a red icy:

Extreme VOH/COF passes (they are interchangeable) can be gotten daily in Hefei at the storyteller.
    They are not tradable or storable so they are stuck on one character.
    The helicites and aura drops sell decently.
    I recommend looking into Extreme weapons (they are made by doing these and superior runs) as they are a decent weapon to help you build up, although their shortcoming is that they cannot be refined.

DarkAlanVagabond and Jkoby like this.
  5. Gable12

Gable12 New Member

I'd say that SRS quick runs (2 bosses and exit) are a good option at HG and HI.
    An example of somebody doing quick runs would be:

Wasting time killing other mobs would significantly slow the rate at which you gain experience.
    Alternatively you can do full runs in which you kill all bosses, egai mobs, bomb throwing maid mobs, and hiyamis.
    The bulk of your experience points come from the bosses so it would be best to not waste time with any extra mobs.

I personally found that HN is just as fast as SRS red quick runs and it will give you more potential for gold through ironblood points.
    The issue is that the barrier to entry as far as gear goes is significantly higher for HN than it is for SRS.

When you get around IS+ people either try to level through LLGC or level as a result of farming (for example farming QD or HN), for me I just farm and pop 7x cards as they are relatively cheap.

DarkAlanVagabond likes this.