[Overdue Proposal] Top 10 Sacred Scrolls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LegendaryJin, Aug 4, 2016.

?

Should "Top 10" Sacred Scrolls be re-released into the shop?

1. Yes, add them back with original pricing.

2. Yes, add them back with in a "Legendary" pricing bracket.

3. Keep them boxed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegendaryJin

LegendaryJin Well-Known Member

In 2014 when this game switched from the original host, 10 of our beloved scrolls were marked "too strong" for normal sale and placed in chance boxes. Said scrolls were available for direct purchase in the item shop on the original host and the only issue were players who were not good enough to learn to fight them properly. No disrespect, but that's the truth.

My request, or proposal, is that Red Fox strongly consider re-releasing the scrolls. Even if they were labelled "Legendary" scrolls and had its own price bracket it would be good for adding diversity back to the game. This would ultimately raise the skill cap for all players, not just for those who've forked over the cash to get the scrolls from chance boxes.

On the topic of players who forked over the cash for boxes, something could potentially be put in place for those people as a semi-reward, or compensation. An idea that comes to mind would be finding the players who received permanent versions of the "Top 10" scrolls and crediting them with an item package similar to the Zin Taekwondo package, or the Blood Wind Ninjutsu package that comes with clothing to match the scroll's theme.

To touch on "Top 10" scrolls counterpart, "Top 10" Exo Cores, I think they should stay boxed. Exo Cores tend to be excessively abused, and I can't make an argument of raising skill cap based on that fact. I will leave that to the discussion part below.

With all that has been said, please feel free to discuss below. Feel free to ask any questions or pick my brain, I will answer them assuming I ever return to this forum to review the result of this thread. 4Head

pr0dz, Keanu, Controversial and 6 others like this.
  2. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

O
    I agree with scrolls but keeping the exos in box I don't think so cuz there's way better exos now that are even carats Ex.Beserker another series medusa

tinytinytintin likes this.
  3. Glolita

Glolita Well-Known Member

lmao just remove Zin Tkd and Dragon from the game so people who can't let go can finally grow up lol it's like those men who still play smash bros melee because "oh it's the best" despite everyone else / the people who actually matter, moving on

Zastyy, Yusuke, Stimuli and 3 others like this.
  4. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

Agreed here

5. Tezmanian

Tezmanian Well-Known Member

Everything in the Top 10 Boxes are pretty old by game standards and if memory serves, RF US/EU are the only ones slapped with this. Though knowing some higher up, they'd want to keep it but in the event it is considered I'd vote for removing top 10 scroll boxes. It would still bring $$ to pockets. It would be nice move in the right direction fixing the dirty choices of the past that destroyed this game's population in the first pace.

Forever hoping to get Hitman perm back.

6. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

You want generic ez old gen ****

Gamble for it

**** you pay for those wins

7. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

As someone who used hitman/zin etc a hella lot back then my personally opinion is that I'm fine with it as it is. I mean, most people already got them either by paying for boxes, got lucky through free boxes from happy hour (how I got most of mine) or just bought the package when a few of them had a special package available. Two things I disagree with majorly though.

1.) Adding a special label on these scrolls will no way what so ever add diversity back into the game. It's literally just an extra label. I can understand if it were some completely new mechanic scroll such as a scroll that focused on aerial combat where most of it's combos derive from jump attacks or something because then that'd actually be something different from what we have.
    2.) I severely disagree with what you said about increasing the skill cap. If anything, most of the top 10 scrolls when people use them just do the same thing that anyone else can do. i.e. Shoot Boxing. CCCC to win all day (Disagree if you want but that's how I'm calling it)

As for exos I really don't care because over 80% of the new exos literally sh*t on some of the oldies at this point. One alkane in the room and if you ignore that person (me :D) you're gonna get tossed off the map quick as hell.

8. Maylen12

Maylen12 Well-Known Member

Fam Miss me with that bull shet, your thread is mad trase and long, keep them box, you specially love this game so go spend your life saving on this game. RuF is all about they bread, you should know like i said. Weren't you riding them back when you were CA?

9. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

How is Stinger a top ten scroll?

10. LilPastry

It's like shoot boxing but it has a kg dash

tinytinytintin and tamirtov like this.
  11. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

Can you explain on Blood Wind Ninjitsu too?

Hercule, tinytinytintin and LilPastry like this.
  12. LilPastry

Are you a ******* newgen

Blood wind doesn't need explaining

Are you in a 1v1

Yes

Are they using bwn

Yes

Do they have downs or are they suffering from a stroke

No

Can they angle worth a ****

Yes

Congrats you've won a L

Hercule, Tengu and tinytinytintin like this.
  13. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

:oops:

14. SacredSword

SacredSword Well-Known Member

LO

15. SacredSword

SacredSword Well-Known Member

Can u explain why default isn't top ten ma am or sir idk shemale? IDFK

Hercule and tinytinytintin like this.
  16. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

Support. We need a mod to read this xD

17. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

^Correct

Ciyox, tinytinytintin and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  18. LegendaryJin

LegendaryJin Well-Known Member

Sup with the Dragon hate? The scroll is so smooth and it's fun whipping one of it's 5-6 advanced nanmu juggles. It's also fun seeing all the sour pusses are still around - "These people are trying to enjoy the game?! BLASPHEMY! Musn't have this."

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Captious and tinytinytintin like this.
  19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I'm going to remedy this thread in one simple statement; Top10 boxes are a very good thing.

Why do I say this?
    I own Dragon, Shoot Boxing, Xero Disc, Blade Spirit, and Steam/Muhon's Claw perm on my main account alongside Rage, Shoot Boxing, JinTKD, Attack Booster, and Xero Disc on my side all obtained thru only free to play events and that isn't including the 2 years of Wing Chun amongst countless months of other scrolls & exos I have. I don't even open my 2day scroll/exo boxes anymore so I could have way more. What is my point behind all this? If I can get this many without spending a dime then so can anyone else and thats amazing for the players who are strictly free2play.

Also I know most of this generation is too young to remember these sorts of places but back in the day when we wanted to fight somebody we had to go to what was called an "Arcade" where every time we wanted to play again after losing we had to spend another 25-50cents for another handful of minutes. I bring this up because even if you buy a Top10 Box or rent the one you want it still only costs you 17cents per day for all day which is a f***ing laughable joke of an expense compared to how much I spent in arcades on a daily basis after school. Be grateful you have RF.

/thread
    It's a functional remake of Boxing but with WAY better rewards and combos with high stun levels. Even tho it only has 3 combos those 3 combo's hit/block stun levels are packed full of a substance I like to call "barely-balanced".

Zastyy, toons, tamirtov and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.