Nicknames in Friends List ~

Discussion in 'Etc' started by Tylerkun, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Tylerkun

Tylerkun New Member

In various other online games there is the option to add a nickname to anyone added to your friends list. I'm sure others have seen this feature and can attest to how useful it it.

The idea is to widen the Friends list menu a tad to accommodate for the extra characters in the names. Next to their IGN, there will be a user assigned nick name for the person surrounded by quotations or parenthesis. It would obviously be limited in the number of characters available due to the size limitation of the friends list itself. It would also depend on how much the Friend list was widened. ( You wouldn't want it to take up the whole screen.) They could be saved locally on ones computer similar to macros because other players will not have a need to see it as it's a personal setting.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Examples: Tylerkun (Moonlight buddy)
    Tylerkun1 (BM guy)
    Tylerkun2
    Tylerkun3 (RC Trader)

OR: Tylerkun "Moonlight buddy"
    Tylerkun1 "BM guy"
    Tylerkun2
    Tylerkun3 "RC Trader"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This would make it much easier to organize your friends list and remember all your old friends! (Especially if you're like me and take forever to remember names and junk)

I'd rather not make graphics for it right now, but if wanted, I can throw some stuff together. Just let me know!

tamirtov, Keanu and Doberman like this.
  2. Doberman

Doberman Well-Known Member

Who df is this TitanSlayer kid on my buddy list?

GracieVeterano and Tylerkun like this.
  3. Keanu

Keanu Well-Known Member

I'd have a lot of teen angst one day and just nickname a bunch of people things that could get me banned, but they will never know so I support

4. RammersRUs

RammersRUs Member

It could work until you have everyone nicknamed on your friends list and you forget the actual IGN's and just say **** like:
    Hey RC Trader, wanna moon?

5. Tylerkun

Tylerkun New Member

The IGN is kept while the nick name is added after the IGN in parenthesis or quotations.