Mooners are the best at the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tides, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Exactly I dont know how you can say one style is the best at this game. Its like saying a home run hittters are the best at baseball lol. Theirs more to just home runs or hitting in this game or any game. Ya 1v1ing/Hitting is a good tool but it doesnt make you better. Not to mention theirs different goals for each type of person in this game. Some mooners like looking fancy and can care less about pressuring your opponent with A teir scrolls. Other mooers prefer the old school way of fighting with pure drift and less mindgame tatics.But ya I agree with you its just one of the things that people telll themselves to feel better. "Im a 1v1er I must be the greatest lol K?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Illyasviel

Illyasviel Member

It's all about that Moon/Nhaa life

3. Illyasviel

Illyasviel Member

But in regards to the thread Mooners are not the best at this game. Even though it is my favorite map :(

4. Saiiyuki

Saiiyuki Well-Known Member

Your entire premise is flawed. I'll disect.

Being thoroughly acclimated to the 1v1 experience enhances how you play other maps. You don't get worse at other maps as you grow as a 1v1er lmfao. The skill you harness as a 1v1er are transferable to your other skill sets for other maps. That whole sentence you just said sounded hella ignorant.

This comes from 90% of the people who get sniped off the map by some moon trashgen running around with Attack Booster, 40+ speed, and some run z scroll. That's not unique soley to 1v1ers.

I think you have Mooners and 1v1ers switched around hun. Cause being able to moon does not translate into a skill set for a variety of maps. Many mooners are horrible at other maps. And they are usually only slightly less horrible on their own map.

It's easy to think you're good when you can snipe someone off the map while they're distracted

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    akai99 likes this.
  5. Masonite

Masonite Active Member

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS USELESS THREAD

HumoLoco likes this.
  6. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Like I said 1v1ers are most equipped for this game but dont understand theirs more to other maps then just pressuring and doing boring combo locks with A teir scrolls.

7. Saiiyuki

Saiiyuki Well-Known Member

Uh I'll just dissect this piece by piece. This is not meant in a disrespectful manner.

I don't even need to exploit a scroll to win. What I exploit is the player itself. Not rely on abusing the scroll properties. I use all kinds of scrolls. From A to C tier. It's not that you can't "start a combo" you simply get out read and I make it so you choose the wrong option.

We learn to read you like a book and keep the pressure on so that you think you're getting "combo locked". If it was impossible to get out of the combos then how was I doing it when I was using the exact same scrolls you were using? It got to a point where I let you select the scrolls I would use. Or I just copied what you had.

They use these scrolls yes because they are easier however in order to break pressure all yu need to do is jump drift, COUNTER, side block, or read your opponent and learn when they'll stop their combo. It's not impossible you just get out read.

If it was "pretty easy to read the moves" then you wouldn't have repeated combo locking more than 3 times. It's not "combo locking"; half of the scrolls you listed can be countered on the 2nd/3rd hit. What happens is you don't have the experience to break the pressure effectively and get spammed to death.

There is an adequate amount of options to choose from. However as a 1v1er, our job is to read what option you'll select and select the option that'll trump what you choose.

Noxia is indeed a high-pressure exocore because of its high blockstuns yes. And because it can now through a wave of people like a wrecking ball. (In b4 I-came-In-Like-A-Wrecking-Ball-Saiyukii Version). However what makes me stand one is because I can read the options players choose to defend themselves against it and act accordingly. It's not just solely exploiting the maps narrow design.

It was never the scroll that clenched my win against you. And if you fought any top 10 1v1er on moon then it probably wasn't the case either. All they had to do was out read you.

For example:

• If I knock you to the ground and everytime you get up you block, as a 1v1er, I should be able to read that and punish it with a grab, or a jump drift, or if I read further I could tempt you to release your block and punish you accordingly. Its not the scroll that's the issue its your ability to out read who you fight.

When I played you all I had to do is read what you did and I won. You barely even bothered adapting. Proof of this was when I let you choose my scroll after you gave me a lecture on the scroll tiers. It's not just about what scroll you use but how you use it in conjunction to how you read your opponent. Even when we 1v1'd on blacktop I purposely only used B & C tier scrolls to dispel that thought you had of the scrolls being the deciding factor. It's adaptation that makes a 1v1er potent on moon. Not what scroll they have at their disposal.

Tl;Dr Version

It's not the scrolls that make up a 1v1ers ability on the map. It's the options they choose to out maneuver who they fight. We read our opponents and choose options that are best suited to countering what we think they'll choose. 90% of mooners lose because they lack the ability to adapt, end up getting read like a book, and play the exact same way that cause them to ultimately lose the match. Do scrolls play a factor in a match? Yes. But they don't decide the match (everytime) and if the player is any good; Don't outweigh the contribution his ability to read an opponent gives.

If you don't adapt, you lose. Period.

8. Masonite

Masonite Active Member

No one plays the same you can't group a large amount of people together
    Please stop making these STUPID USELESS THREADS
    Everyone's opinion is biased on this topic so the thread should be short lived but it keeps going ON AND KEEPS GOING ON
    AND MODS DON'T CLOSE THEM

9. Negrosaki

Negrosaki Well-Known Member

Risky(ers) are the best.

-Leaves Post-

10. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

I don't even need to exploit a scroll to win. What I exploit is the player itself. Not rely on abusing the scroll properties. I use all kinds of scrolls. From A to C tier. It's not that you can't "start a combo" you simply get out read and I make it so you choose the wrong option
    Like I said you dont use hitman, Shoot, dragon, muy boran and other A teir scrolls is nuke teir easy to read with and to act like they are basic auto pilot scrolls is just dumb. All you got to do with boran is get in their back and switch up 3 things and you got him(specially on moon)

Here is your full move set over and over again with boran

Step 1: Juggle them or combo them
    step 2: get behind them
    step 3 Either KG, >>g, grab or combo(which one?No way of telling or escaping because u have their blind spot unless you can recover kick backwards....)
    Step 4 juggle then Punch punch slide to stun lock them again for another combo.
    Step 5 repeat

Muy boran has a counter for everything your opponent does it even has small down time between restarting/swtiching up combos.Dont even get me started on that op KG but I would rate Muy boran Nuke teir but tha's just me. How else do you exploit scrolls advatanges?Most of the scrolls you use like hitman,shoot for example have small downtime between combos or high stun...In which it makes it even harder to get a hit on You.

Its obv your source of mind games is your scrolls an Im not saying that's a bad thing but It is shady in a way on moon because of hte narrow paths. I will admit it works and is effective I tried it out and got bored of those scrolls in a day.The sad truth is It just to much scroll and not enough U (Autopilot).

We learn to read you like a book and keep the pressure on so that you think you're getting "combo locked". If it was impossible to get out of the combos then how was I doing it when I was using the exact same scrolls you were using? It got to a point where I let you select the scrolls I would use. Or I just copied what you had.

Like I said 1v1 skills do help you out in other game modes to an extent but its no secret yall using some basic as scrolls to help you pressure your opponent. An when you copied my scroll you were doing exactly what you usually do. Abusing the stun/downtime on scrolls. Agents combo lock is simple af and if anything I was like usual just trying to land trickshots. See your goal is to HP or killl. My goal is to setup tricks and land some cool kills. But when I do actually go at with you I if not put up a fight depending on your scroll.

They use these scrolls yes because they are easier however in order to break pressure all yu need to do is jump drift, COUNTER, side block, or read your opponent and learn when they'll stop their combo. It's not impossible you just get out read.

Lol come on now lets think about how easy its to guess what your opponent is going to do on moon.

From experience

If I jump drift all you do is Jab tell you land a hit and im back on the ground where I was.
    If I side block >>g
    Counter Is pretty much what your expecting and can gots more bad outcomes then good:
    • Get grabbed
    • Miss and get hit
    • Work and temporarily stop the pressure.
    I see alot of your moves coming but most the time I dont have enough space or time to react because of the stun.

If it was "pretty easy to read the moves" then you wouldn't have repeated combo locking more than 3 times. It's not "combo locking"; half of the scrolls you listed can be countered on the 2nd/3rd hit. What happens is you don't have the experience to break the pressure effectively and get spammed to death.

There is an adequate amount of options to choose from. However as a 1v1er, our job is to read what option you'll select and select the option that'll trump what you choose

Noxia is indeed a high-pressure exocore because of its high blockstuns yes. And because it can now through a wave of people like a wrecking ball. (In b4 I-came-In-Like-A-Wrecking-Ball-Saiyukii Version). However what makes me stand one is because I can read the options players choose to defend themselves against it and act accordingly. It's not just solely exploiting the maps narrow design.

It was never the scroll that clenched my win against you. And if you fought any top 10 1v1er on moon then it probably wasn't the case either. All they had to do was out read you.

For example:

• If I knock you to the ground and everytime you get up you block, as a 1v1er, I should be able to read that and punish it with a grab, or a jump drift, or if I read further I could tempt you to release your block and punish you accordingly. Its not the scroll that's the issue its your ability to out read who you fight.

When I played you all I had to do is read what you did and I won. You barely even bothered adapting. Proof of this was when I let you choose my scroll after you gave me a lecture on the scroll tiers. It's not just about what scroll you use but how you use it in conjunction to how you read your opponent. Even when we 1v1'd on blacktop I purposely only used B & C tier scrolls to dispel that thought you had of the scrolls being the deciding factor. It's adaptation that makes a 1v1er potent on moon. Not what scroll they have at their disposal.

I can agree with you to an extent on this, counter is a good tool to use if you know how to use it but it wont always save you. Like I said before You can easily get grabbed and it can fail if you delay your combo a little. Its the obvious choice your expecting and because of that your bound to fail.But understand reading is a big tool for 1v1ers but I feel the moon map is something you dont need to use. Half the time Im not going for pressure points Im going for fun stuff that makes the game intresting and not oh you hit me now im going to hit you back and forth. Like I said we got different goals in this game

Tl;Dr Version

It's not the scrolls that make up a 1v1ers ability on the map. It's the options they choose to out maneuver who they fight. We read our opponents and choose options that are best suited to countering what we think they'll choose. 90% of mooners lose because they lack the ability to adapt, end up getting read like a book, and play the exact same way that cause them to ultimately lose the match. Do scrolls play a factor in a match? Yes. But they don't decide the match (everytime) and if the player is any good; Don't outweigh the contribution his ability to read an opponent gives.

If you don't adapt, you lose. Period.

Like I said The sad truth is It just to much scroll and not enough U (Autopilot). If your using these scrolls the odds are stacked in your favor.I I will admit style and experience also plays a part in that and given that these scrolls are already top teir in 1v1 makes them even more effective in moon in a 1v1ers hands.Either way we got different goals at the end of the day and see moon diferently. I dont understand how you dont get bored reading people with those scrolls but you probably think I'm dumb for doing agility tricks all over the place for fun.

Like I said before 1v1ers are most equip equipped for this game because they can read their opponents and use A teir scrolls to their full potential.[/quote][/QUOTE]

akai99 likes this.
  11. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

The joke. - - >

Everyone's head.

@Suite Though I think there's something Suite doesn't understand. He calls all these scrolls autopilot to feed his own ego. He's restricting himself to scrolls that are utter garbage or "hard to use" but he doesn't understand that that is his own fault and he doesn't have the right to complain. You don't use scrolls that are hard to use because of the principal. You use them because you want to feel above everyone else when you happen to win a round using a crappy scroll when everyone knows that scroll tiers don't really matter on moon since almost every scroll is viable.

Also using low tier scrolls is boring as hell, they have no potential, no mix up, and just lack any diversity at all. They're insanely boring and trying to use it for more than 1 game literally makes me want to switch scrolls already since there's barely anything you can do with it besides abuse 1 combo's angling or grab baiting. It's way more fun to use high tier scrolls because of how high their potential is.

Tl;dr, It's Suite's fault for restricting himself, he has no right to complain. If you can't beat high tier scrolls with **** tier scrolls, either get better or pick up a decent scroll. Winning on moon with a bad scroll doesn't make you better, stop feeding your own ego.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  12. Saitana

Saitana Active Member

13. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Everyone's head.
    Though I think there's something Suite doesn't understand. He calls all these scrolls autopilot to feed his own ego. He's restricting himself to scrolls that are utter garbage or "hard to use" but he doesn't understand that that is his own fault and he doesn't have the right to complain. You don't use scrolls that are hard to use because of the principal. You use them because you want to feel above everyone else when you happen to win a round using a crappy scroll when everyone knows that scroll tiers don't really matter on moon since almost every scroll is viable.

1st I wasn't complaining I'm just saying its stating most 1v1ers ride the A teir list for a reason and No their autopilot scroll's because their extremely ez to use and theirs nothing difficult about A teir scrolls. Their little handicap scrolls that just are so easy to use its dumb.I was not complaining I was just mentioning and I understand this might be fun to some but theirs another part of the game their missing.

Your kinda right on my principal/code is to make it challenge and not rely on scrolls that are unbalanced from the inside and out. You dont need Shoot or other scrolls to get kills or look good on this map.Plus Anyone can easily learn the combo lock people with shoot, zin and drago, and boran. The blueprints are in bold for these scrolls and to act like they dont give an advantage over other users is dumb.I used shoot today and I felt like a juggernaut and just seemed unfair and plain old boring.But i dont do this to feel above everyone or even care about winning on moon.Heck if ramgod trash can get 1st by just ramming and grabbing then 1st place isnt that important. I do this because the challenge you make yourself make it fun.

An scroll teirs do matter on moon too their just different then the usual 1v1 teirs probably more A teir scrolls in the moon teir list then A teir list because of the different circumstances. An Ya all scrolls are viable but the ones like shoot, boran, vola and others are obv nukes on moon since their extra effective nor needed on this map to have fun.

Also using low tier scrolls is boring as hell, they have no potential, no mix up, and just lack any diversity at all. They're insanely boring and trying to use it for more than 1 game literally makes me want to switch scrolls already since there's barely anything you can do with it besides abuse 1 combo's angling or grab baiting. It's way more fun to use high tier scrolls because of how high their potential is.y

Tl;dr, It's Suite's fault for restricting himself, he has no right to complain. If you can't beat high tier scrolls with **** tier scrolls, either get better or pick up a decent scroll. Winning on moon with a bad scroll doesn't make you better, stop feeding your own ego.

Ya The challenge is to make potential with less so the fight isn't one sided because when you realize its not all about getting 1st Place or kills you tend to enjoy the game more. Truth of the matter is you can have fun with low teir scrolls or balanced scrolls you just got to do a little more effort. I dont see anything you can do with High teir scrolls that you cant do with low teir scrolls+ more effort. Its not about feeding my ego to feel cool when I win its to make it a fair fight and understand that Moon isn't blacktop. You dont need a OP scroll to have fun.Theirs a side 1v1ers tend to avoid and ignore key factors of what makes moon... Moon

Moon was created and brought main stream because of Ralph and others. He was one of the old fighters who showed us theirs more to this game then just raw scroll talent. He was one of people who showed the more advance features you can do with all scrolls like drop juggling, mind games tatics, and infinite juggles.. He showed that moon is a map where you dont need a nuke teir scroll or exploit the basic autopilot scrolls because kills, suciding dont matter and to play on the edge. Its fun when you realize that.So ya I dont understand the point of 1v1 pressure tatics on moon its a different environment then a more serious map like blacktop where your actually fighting people that want to " end your career". If a clown like ramgod can get 1st by doing rams all day then getting 1st or kills dont matter. So ya I rather go for trick shots on moon then to try and bring Heavy 1v1 tatics to a light game mode. Do mooners try and drop juggle in blacktop? Nah so dont bring them heavy combo locking tatics to moon :}

At the end of the day I'm just stating 1v1ers,mooners, Gwers find it hard to see the purpose in other peoples ideas and way to play the game which ends up making it hard to say which is skill set is the best. 1v1ers are good 1 on 1 but working with a team is a different story since you got to watch your back and your team mates back and watch out for exos.There is no best skill set to me but what do I know....I started in 2014 and only a newgen that has a different understanding for this game then most.:rolleyes::cool:

Tl;dr, If I was feeding my ego I would actually care about winning or getting kills but like I said I dont. Zzzz Plzz

14. Rawrs

Rawrs Active Member

gonna hit you with reality check, To long to read man... make it shorter

15. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

So basically you admit that she's correct in every way.

16. Rawrs

Rawrs Active Member

dunno if i read it maybe i would give my opinion dont really feel like reading a full essay if its shortened then ill be glad to read it :D

would u be willing to read it and make it into like a paragraph? i dont wanna read anything that's more than 1 paragraph long

17. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

How will you ever succeed in life if you never read anything longer than a paragraph?

18. Rawrs

Rawrs Active Member

lol i dont like reading anything longer then that while i am at home, i only do that at work or at school, but i just like being lazy at home and do nothing xD

19. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

20. akai99

akai99 Well-Known Member

I'm a mooner but I'm pretty much not gonna play after i get that master of moon title.
    Then get that Harlem King and Master of Darkness titles.
    Though this thread is totally false and 1v1ers are incorrect too.
    In my opinion being able to lay da smackdown on everybody on any map and mode are the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.