KeyLag(Double jump the cant Move Glitch state) Explanation/Prevention

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Suite, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

I decided to take a effort and help the game with one of the bugs I have found a while back,Which is the annoying glitch/bug where you jump kick once and it makes it so you cant walk again aka keylag or Freeze glitch.They call it keylag in Gem fighter apparently but its more of a frame freezing state but I will explain why and what it does later.

How does this happen?
    Most of the time its on accident and I will explain but it can happen on purpose if your doing the death gltich for whatever reason on blacktop. Here the two ways it can happen:
    1. Emotes/typing(Private method and can happen on any map)
    2. death glitch(public method - only blacktop)

The non public Emotes/Typing method:
    if you type something right before round 1 scorecard switches back to loading screen for round 2 it will get you into the key lag state. For example if you spam and f1-9 during the transition of the scorecard(not scoreboard) of the round and loading screen you will get into the keylag state.Its all about timing unless you know the easier trick that works 4/5 times.But ya this method works on any map and will cause you to get into this annoying glitch.

Public Death/demote glitch that only works on blacktop:

for the death/demote glitch that is big on blacktop where you get, it causes the game(cleint side) to be spammed with death request while trasnitioning from the scorecard to the loading menu which ends up will causing the bugged state and has been known for a while.

What is possible in this glitch state but not practical:
    if video tutorial or more info is needed feel free to ask mods ands mods only. This glitch state is useless and uncontrollable so dont waste your time trying too.
    - minus the merit glitch

What is going on during this glitch state and why do you freeze?
    Key lag freezes the last frame you use and depending on that last frame that is used. But if the last frame you used has another option then your able to move if it doesn't then you will be stuck.Let me explain:

Jumping ounce allows you to continue to move but jump kicking doesn't. This is because jumping has the option to kick so your remain free but jump kicking doesn't have no other option so your locked and stuck in the jump kick frame.

This also use to allow you to 4b really ez without macro because panicing had that option to kick or punch(4b) but now since they patched 4b If you panic while in this glitch your stuck since theirs no frame after panic that's possible.

If you freeze the block frame and let go you get a fake gmode becaused it freezed the last frame you used and thats the blocking motion so yes you can still be grabbed.

Ways to prevent this from happening:
    1. dont type or press F1 at all during each round scorecard
    2. dont do the death glitch for whatever reason...
    Ways to patch this completely:
    1. Make typing inputs non responsive before the transition from round scorecard to loading screen

NepNep and Yusuke like this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Yoo that video though.

NepNep likes this.
  3. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Found much more then this now >.>

NepNep likes this.
  4. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Have you tried sending them directly to Nimonix?

NepNep likes this.
  5. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Nah I dont see a point in reporting the good ones. I doubt anyone will find them since their pretty complicated but ye will see. I will only report them if I feel it worth it and since theirs no point too right now. I will just let them sit and let someone else figure them out. >.>

NepNep likes this.
  6. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Lol rf is so broken. Coding isn't easy but wow.

NepNep likes this.
  7. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

you have no idea

NepNep likes this.
  8. sadow200

sadow200 Clean Up Crew

Likes1, NepNep and Suite like this.
  9. PatrickRF

PatrickRF Clean Up Crew, The Spook-King

NepNep likes this.
Thread Status: