I kind of like the no anti pk buff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galdirian, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Galdirian

Galdirian Member

First let me say that I do not pk. It is kind of exciting not knowing if someone is around the corner wanting to kill you. You always have to be ready to use LF. You need to stay on your guard and be sharp. Form an aliance with other league to stop pkers or even form an aliance with pk guild so that they wont pk your guild members. This is what makes the game interesting. You can't just switch to auto pilot.You have to pay attention.As much as I HATE being killed over and over it makes the game way more interesting. As soon as I see someone closing in I just use LF and run for it, then check if potential pk player left so I can keep farming not knowing if he will return. It is kind of exciting. If you pay atention you can survive in CC it is not that much of a problem. This game needs a way to balance out campers who just kill newbies but I don't think that anti pk buff is the way to do it.

ihgyug and machatzi like this.
  2. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Right...

So since YOU think PvP is "more interesting", those of us who either would rather not have to put up with it at all, or only on our own terms, should not be able to do something about it.

I mean, it's not like you could... oh, I don't know... just not use the flipping thing.

Psychlop5765 likes this.
  3. No1Hated666

No1Hated666 Member

Honestly alot of ppl just play to play not pk we shouldnt let those ppl suffer cuz u just wamt it more imteresting.. Just dont use the anti pk buff..

And if ur in middle of questing and someone pks u ur dead u cant lf away inside lol

And wht should lowbies suffer from high lvls like cs+ whem there only like SM its a umfair adv if u do it like that n ppl wont wanna play

4. IrisuKyouko

IrisuKyouko Member

Except right now CC is virtually a mess what with the mobs being strong and Pkers just making that experience THAT MUCH worse.

No1Hated666 likes this.
  5. No1Hated666

No1Hated666 Member

Yup exactly grindimg away and ur half health someone hits u once ur dead u have no way to act to that.. Specially if a warrior uses his runming stun smash n stuns u ir pretty screwed then

6. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

I love it too, CC is a dam pvp map.
    Hope they will add PK Prot only for CC....

7. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

I do like it a little. Especially with the wanted/track system, if you see some high players that kill you in one hit, you can run for you life... However I have spent 1h30 yesterday running from respawn to CC2, so in that case I don't like it and sometimes I would like to have the choice to grind without losing so much time. Lucky I don't use xp card or it will be even worst :(

On a side note, there is a huge issue with PK and RTD quest since they can bug you if you killed while doing RTD...

8. Galdirian

Galdirian Member

Well sorry for saying what MY opinion is... Make a sandwich while you play so you can just auto click and mentally check out since that is what most of you want. I GET IT. It is a problem when higher lvl grief on lower lvls and kill them constantly. There should be a protection against that FOR SURE. BUT blocking ALL pvp conflicts is not a smart move. At this point if they introduce ant PK buff they might as well turn the map to PVE since EVERYONE will run around with anti PK buff. Jail system is a good idea but it needs improvement. They should expand on that. PKing lower lvls should be punished extremely. Higher lvls should get a debuff when they attack someone who is way lower lvl then them (like penalty for attacking low lvl boss). There are many solution to this and sorry for hurting your feelings but you need to stop acting like little children and think outside of the box and not DEMAND a freakin anti pk buff.

9. BattleAxe

BattleAxe New Member

well i am not saying i am for or against pvp maps as they are , but what i will say is look at all the pvp servers since acclaim including acclaim, Dead .
    To Redfox, If you want a long lasting game i would suggest anti pk buff.
    Now before everyone go sik on me here is a few things the devs can look at.
    When making the anti pk buf thay maybe able to implement it in a way that when someone hits a boss it stops the anti pk buff and making bosses open pvp.
    When a player instigates a pvp action as in pk someone they cannot use anti pk buff for at least 1 hour and that being an ingame timer so they cant use up time by logging out.
    Just a suggestion.
    It has been fact that the majority of 9d players have been PVE .
    I like some of the ideas Galdirian has made as well, i am sure redfox you can come up with something .

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Galdirian likes this.
  10. Dromi

Dromi Member

and what does that tell you? that ppl want open world pvp? Ive heard that before from another PVP-er "they shouldnt add anti-pk buff because then 90% of the server would run around with it" so wth does that tell you, does it say per chance that 90% of the populace should just **** it up and endure because 10% enjoy tormenting them and they should have the right to do it?. As the previous poster said...ALL the PVP servers of 9Dragons EVER made DIED and had to be merged with the flourishing PVE ones, its not me not carebears saying it its experience, time and time again pvp servers went to the crapper because they were pvp and ppl dont know how to not abuse PVP

Akash4 likes this.
  11. Galdirian

Galdirian Member

Look, again, I do not PK but it adds to the drama that 9Dragons always was and still is. PKing is not the problem, harassing players by killing them over and over is. Main problem is that lvling in CC now is a MUST. There is nothing wrong with PVP but making a CC bottleneck of lvling is a problem. I still think that anti pk buff is a mistake BUT I can't stress enough that they should make PK penalties/ jail time longer/ debuffs longer and stuff like that. They should move more in that direction so those who PK will have to think long and hard before doing so. What I liked about CC is that it was always high risk - high reward map for those who CHOSE to go there to lvl. Not having anti PK buff is NOT the problem. Forcing players to lvl in CC, now that's a problem..

Olao92 likes this.
  12. Dromi

Dromi Member

I never said you PK, but that is the mindset of the western 9D pk-er, i have played and leveled just fine in CC on the japanese server, was i killed yeah couple of times, by whites (me being black) but never ever griefed or multiple pk's they even apologised after pk ress-ed gifted stuff for inconveniencing you, and they had pvp protection as in a higher by 24 lvls then you couldnt attack you unless u attacked first, also they had the anti grief protection u couldnt kill the same player again for 1hr. Also no drama ensued from the pk no roars, no i kill your whole family, no names calling no nothing it was all in good fun. When one westerner decided to go on a pk spree in CC, killing lowbies and griefing he became KOS for the whole server. Now, can u see the same thing happening here?

Spite and Galdirian like this.
  13. IrisuKyouko

IrisuKyouko Member

To be honest you can blame a 'certain' person for this spiraling out of control. I won't mention names but this guy is somewhat notorious for 'relogging' the moment a bunch of people show up to stop him from killing all the lowbies. It's got to the point that this guy has done it so much that others are doing it as a form of 'retaliation' because of this said person

Yes he may or may not be from White clan and yes he is a total coward.

Additional: Heck this guy spent ALL WEEKEND going from CC1 to CC4, relog then rinse and repeat.

14. Galdirian

Galdirian Member

I like the idea of pk protection if you are lower 24 lvls then someone who is trying to pk you. If someone kills you they should not be able to kill you again for one hour or even more. This plus jail system is the way to go. This is by far the best compromise that would alow pking but not player camping.

15. No1Hated666

No1Hated666 Member

So basically you kinda were taking about some what like how Map Bosses are capped at a certain point and if your to high lvl u get peneltys for tryin to hit them but for pking?.. But honestly tho pure 100% pvers shouldnt have to suffer cuz then all those people will end up leaving the game.. keep the maps pvp i dont mind just it be nice to have the anti pk buff if u do wanna just grindi n peace.. not everyone will rock the Buff some people would even forget about it while grinding etc..
    but @Dromi does have a point, every Pvp server made in 9dragons always had a low population and they died off And so far from just the OBT alot of players have alrdy quit and got tired of it cuz FC/CS players are griefing SMs in CC

i know im a player of both pve and pvp but id like to some what grind in peace to get up and go around and then go have fun

16. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Blame leagues like Amicittia and Legends for pvping lowbies questing.

17. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Echelon too,my mate was fd2 grinding in dt and some member ec killed him.But top bad he put wanted on him and tracking lol.

18. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Name of the Echelon member?

19. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Blitzcronk, most of your members are PKers and most of them were running WANTED and Killing lowbies around CC. That's what happen when you welcome anyone in guild, nothing you can do about.
    Back to topic...pvp in CC is also good because of the bosses. If there is a bot with a +7 spear and I have a +3 staff, only way to get boss is to PK him xD

20. LiloUK

LiloUK New Member

PvP in this game would be more enjoyable if it was balanced.

Althought i took part in PvPing here i don't see 9dragons pvp as challenging at all. It takes next to 0 skill.