Acclaim Hybrid not same

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xiao34, Aug 23, 2018.

1. xiao34

xiao34 New Member

I am returning player, I don't make this thread to complain about Hybrid however this class is completely unviable solo PvP and PvE. I only make this thread to warn any old returning players about current Hybrid.

Current hybrid lost all clan primary smash. Only can use a few active from your clan primary weapon. Hybrid still has Mastery tree for primary with no smashes other than basic smash....

Current hybrid gained lots of nukes.............hybrid stat penalty is wisdom...........
    Hybrid "nukes" are all 50% less effective than Nuker considering wisdom suffers stat penalty for the hybrid class.......

Current hybrid lost (+15, +20) all attributes buff... All smashes for hybrid are only for gloves. Hybrid only has defense buffs now. Hybrid still has HP and VE heal. Hybrid now has lots of debuffs.

Current Hybrid is not a "Jack of all trades" at all. Hybrid has only 4 active for primary weapon.... and basic smash... "Hybrid" really is nuker/healer cross with debuffs. Current hybrid has slower PvE grind than healer (always) and less damage than Nuker (always) so there is no merit for this class solo. This class only viable as support with a team.

Just my opinion: Why do this? I was solo healer for long time. All other class just slow down healer PVE grind except hybrid. Now solo healer has no reason to party ever again. Long ago, Healer + Hybrid = Fastest grind possible. We could even make full party from Healer + Hybrid and carry PVE. Hybrid PvE is nerfed so bad solo healer can ignore everyone else and power grind with no interaction......

Phlox likes this.
  2. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

We appreciate your feedback!

Although all changes were made with the intention of class balancing, we will forward your concerns to the appropriate department for consideration.

xiao34 likes this.
  3. StorageDragon

StorageDragon New Member

You're a returning player that haven't grasped the full potential of hybrids with the new patch, give it a try and you'll see the value of it. Early game all classes are bad, since RF took over 9D from GC it has changed a lot. RF version everything is late game fpcused rather than the early grinds.

4. xiao34

xiao34 New Member

Wow thanks [CM]NineArts for first reply. Im not trying to complain about Hybrid, just my perspective. Nice MOD relation on forums.

StorageDragon I believe you that Hybrid is good end game, but that's not what I am addressing here.

I am only one old healer, my issue is that Hybrid was my best friend in PVE. All classes benefit from healer buff, but now Hybrid is nerfed badly from PVE, healer has no worthwhile benefit from any other class in PVE. Most of this game is grind. This is a mmo, people should be encourage to party up and make friends. If Healer has no friend in PVE now (hybrid nerf), I don't want other healer mains to see party as just a burden. Healer already has fastest grind solo. My view is why should I party now? With old hybrid, we support each other in PVE. If Healer + Hybrid party up in PVE we could carry everyone else pretty easy with buffs/heals. Also everyone got Healer party buff (increased exp) so we had reason to make full party. Without hybrid I see party as just more hassle than worth. New hybrid may be great end game but what about everything before it? This is my concern. As I see it now, healer has no real reason to interact with other players.

Phlox likes this.
  5. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

I'm confused between choosing CK Hyb and Nuker, hope anyone has more experience with skill-balancing patch can share some advices, thanks :D

6. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

ok so you do not understand how a hybrid works.....

Facts
    hybrids are better now than before update....
    they primarily debuff...while doing good enough damage...
    their role is not to out damage all...but to debuff...and indirectly kill.
    +15 stat is not much of a loss when u get 4 k free damage and 2k free def/ckdef...
    we only lost 25%hp buff...that's it...
    hybrid is not a healer, nuker, or normal warrior...hybrid is HYBRID a Jack of all trades LEARN TO PLAY LIKE 1...

Falsity

+20 buff helps alot-[no it really does not...]

Hybrid now has lots of debuffs.[go read you skill tooltips....before complaint]

Current hybrid has slower PvE grind than healer (always) and less damage than Nuker (always) so there is no merit for this class solo.[again learn to play hybrid....we still have melee defense debuff...and junk...and old def nuke and smash did not work on all monsters, and was bugged....new one does...]

Current hybrid gained lots of nukes.............hybrid stat penalty is wisdom...........
    Hybrid "nukes" are all 50% less effective than Nuker considering wisdom suffers stat penalty for the hybrid class.......
    [wisdom offer negigible damage...find other sources to get your wisdom....learn to build the hybrid...real thrpugh forum and learn...]

Current hybrid lost all clan primary smash. Only can use a few active from your clan primary weapon. Hybrid still has Mastery tree for primary with no smashes other than basic smash....[what are you even talking about...there is no mastery tree in this game...this a'int dungeon and dragons...or diablo...and as far as I remember..we only had basic skill and smash available...]

In essence...you are basically new to this game...learn the game mechanics.....
    they changed....
    well in my opinion they nothing really changed...just minor adjustments...Maybe you never really paid attention except to def nuke destroying of low level non dungeon monsters...

Spices and Swim like this.
  7. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

nuker is better at nuking....they will always hit harder....unless u pop ur def reduce as a hybrid...

Go hyrbid IF u want to be all around good....and expect to invest a lot for ck...

Go nuker if u want easily spammable crit nukes....

8. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

I heard that hybrid use ck to pvp and switch melee weapon to grind easier, can nuker do the same (since we both build dex/con in this version)?

9. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

no nukers grind only with nuke...up side is you can solo potala...

but now with the dungeon revamps...makes no difference...

btw nukers can grind melee too...using bamboo village skills..any weapon...so can hybrids...spear arguably better than axe...and glove....
    axe and gloves cheaper though...

10. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Don't expect too much from returning players, they have their nostolgia from Acclaim. Some things change? Let's cry about it, human nature.

11. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

No healers will still need a party to grind efficiently, those 0-100 may be "solo" worthy of a healer, trust me it won't last long. Healers are still needed to get leech party, healers need leech party in higher maps, with new update just with VE heal alone you can't sustain the VE consumption( until you have mid-end tier items). So you would still need a party, but hey solo as a healer all you want.

12. WindStruck

WindStruck Member

As a cap lvl hybrid with good gears, I can say 100% hybrids are amazing.

I switched from warrior a few months ago and while it took a long time to adjust they are God’s in pve if built right.

I can solo potala purples and most of greens and I can solo all revamped dungeons and my gear is good, not amazing but decent.

The best pve player in Tao solos potala reds and does well over 1 mil damage to mobs in there and he is a hybrid.

Yes they require high end gear and weapons but once you know how the class works they are very very strong.

In pvp if you build reflect, hp and damage reduction hybrids are very hard to kill aswell.

Give it time and you will settle into the role well :)

Swim likes this.
  13. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

You still grind with ck skills or switch to melee weapon? Do u have any trouble pvp with nuker as a ck hyb now? Btw, I don't see the Role Change Pill anymore in Item Mall, maybe they're sold only in special event?

14. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Role pill only drops from blue dragon box

15. WindStruck

WindStruck Member

Role pills are from the blue dragon box in item mall now.

And I’m built more towards melee, so for general grinding I use spear as it’s damage is more then axe, even with the new actives.

Dungeons is a little different, potala especially you need to be good at swapping between mellee and ck as mobs are weak to ck and bosses are weak to melee

And for pvp I use bracers and a reflect build with damage reduction seals and hp orns.

And no I have no trouble with any class, the only way I drop In pvp is if their gear is better then mine :)

16. WindStruck

WindStruck Member

Hybrid is more of a challenge to master, being okay in all areas rather then a master in one, it’s crucial that you can adapt to what your party needs.

If I run potala with 3 nukers, I won’t even swap to bracers.

If I run with three warriors, I won’t even swap to melee.

That kinda thing.

And healers may have different buffs now, but trust me they are more valuable then ever.

They can buff for pvp, they can buff for tanking the whole lot.

At c12 they can give you 5k hp and ve , 70% crit rate, +85 all stats, 20% attack speed and that’s just a few.

17. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

what level I can grind in Kunlun? I already see some people farming there in Yang sv for drop to exchange for lightfoot, med, steps

18. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I started at PS level with party at spiders. You level fast with party, it is much better than alone.

19. Cerberir

Cerberir Member

can u tell me minimum items requirement to farm pls? also I'm in Yang sv, I see some people can grind there very early so idk how low I can start

20. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Acclaim players knows the game much better than the new ones. If you already played 5-7 years is not comparable with 1- 2 years or so in this version. Not much has changed. Damage is still damage, attack rate is still attack rate, ornaments are still ornaments, clothes with various adds on are still clothes. Oh, relics have some add on... but still relics.The principles are the same in pve and pvp.

He needs one month the most and will be on top of you all :)

And let's welcome with warm the new players / return players not with a slap. When someone comes back into your home, you welcome him not slap him.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    GubRee likes this.