[SCROLL] Veteran (The next stage of Default!) [FINISHED]

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Drevius, Apr 19, 2023.

?

do you think default deserves more

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. no, but i secretly think it does

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

[​IMG]

The Prototype video is at the bottom if GIFs are not playing/loading.

INTRODUCING!!!
    VETERAN!

Description:
    "All fighters begin their training with the most Basic form of fighting consisting of simple punches and kicks. Eventually, those fighters would improve those basic skills into a form known as 'Renegade' style. Over time, many fighters would delve into many other varying martial arts. But there are those who stayed true to their beginnings, pushing past the Renegade, becoming something new; Veteran."

Veteran aims to push Basic/Default to being more viable as a style than as a means to show off your skills as a Rumble Fighter. By adding a few essential combos, default can be greatly improved upon.

Price: 41,000 Carats | 950 RC
    [​IMG]

COMBO LIST
    P P P
    P P G P
    P P K K
    K K K K
    K K P P K
    P K
    K P
    kG K
    >> G

S T A N C E
    [​IMG]

did u rlly think i was gonna change the stance bruh
    Combo #1: Old Reliable - [PPP]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Standard 3 hit combo of Basic Style. Nothing changed here.

Combo #2: New Fist - [PPGP]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A new addition to Basic Style's punch combo. 3rd hit is a Gut punch followed by an Uppercut that can begin a juggle.
    First two Hits taken from Default's PPP (1st and 2nd Hits). 3rd Hit taken from Full Impact's PPGPK (4th Hit). 4th Hit taken from Shoot Boxing's KPP (3rd Hit)

Combo #3: The Remix - [PPKK]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This combo reforms Basic Style's PPK combo into a combo meant for dealing knockback. Now a 4 hit combo that will knockback the opponent with a roundhouse kick following the weak hit from the original PPK combo. (Inspired by ProfessorZtar)
    First three hits are the original Default PPK combo. 4th Hit taken from Renegade's KK combo (2nd kick).

Combo #4: True Roundhouse - [KKK]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The roundhouse kick combo returns with a vengeance! While extended by one additional kick, this provides the combo with more damage, and a better chance to catch the enemy off guard by pausing after the 2nd kick, or delaying the last kick all together.
    1st Kick taken from Default's PK (2nd Hit). 2nd Kick taken from Renegade's KK combo (1st kick). 3rd Input (3rd and 4th Hit) taken from Karate's PKK (2nd and 3rd Hit). 4th Kick taken from Renegade's KK combo (2nd Hit, should have knockback added when opponent is airborne)

Combo #5: Veteran Style - [KKPPK]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This new kick combo is focused on getting the opponent over the edge. Literally. This combo combines Renegade's stronger kicks with Basic style's uplifting punch to send the opponent away with a mighty roundhouse kick at the end.
    1st Kick taken from Default's PK (2nd Hit). 2nd Kick taken from Renegade's KK combo (1st kick). 3rd and 4th Hit taken from Default's PPP (2nd and 3rd Hit). 5th Kick taken from Renegade's KK (2nd kick, should have knockback added when opponent is airborne)

Combo #6: Quick Trick - [PK]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The original quick 2 piece combo of Basic Style. If possible, stronger push back on the kick. Otherwise, no change here.

Combo #7: Old-School Fist - [KP]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A quick guaranteed uppercut launcher to surprise the opponent and begin a juggling combo.
    1st Kick taken from Default's PK (2nd Hit). 2nd Hit taken from Koroshu's KPP (3rd Hit)

Combo #8: Renegade's Rising - [>>G]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Perform a running knee attack specifically tasked with launching the enemy briefly to begin a juggling combo. This is the scroll's 3rd launcher.
    Knee attack taken from Renegade's PPPK (Last Hit). Knee is to be given ability to launch opponents at regular launching height.

Grabs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Front Grab is the same basic grab.

Ground Hit + Kick - [kG K]

[​IMG]
    Ground hit should be similar to, if not identical to Dambe's first kick within the kick combo. The same kick that serves as the scroll's ground hit. This comes with a follow up kick to the gut, identical to Avenger's Original kG move. (Inspired by Tengu)
    If the Avenger kick is not possible or does not flow well, opt for the last kick from Hitman's PPKK combo as I believe they are similar in frames/animation.
    The Animation:

[​IMG]

Nanmu: Mastering the Basics
    [​IMG]

The Grand finale of those who have mastered Basic Style beyond it's intended means. Delivers a quick, yet destructive flurry of kicks and punches leading up to an almighty, classic roundhouse kick finisher.
    First Kick taken from Renegade's KK (1st Hit). 2nd and 3rd Hit taken from Default's PPP (First two Hits). 4th and 5th Hit taken from Default's PPP (First two Hits). 6th and 7th Kicks taken from Karate's PKK (2nd and 3rd Hit). 8th Hit taken from Full Impact's PPGPK (4th Hit). 9th Kick taken from Default's PPK (3rd Hit). Final Kick taken from Renegade's KK (2nd Hit, should have knockback added when opponent is airborne).

**NOTE** Due to Karate's kicks being taken out, the diagram is slightly incorrect.

Nanmu #2: I N F I N I T Y K I C K
    [​IMG]

This is the preferred nanmu combo for the scroll. An infinite wheel of roundhouse kicks (performs similar to how Street and Telos repeatedly punch the opponent, albeit with kicks instead of punches). The last kick specifically should have a Lightning visual property applied to it.
    If possible, this can serve as a hidden nanmu input similar to Asura and Choy Li Fut.

PROTOTYPE VIDEO
    (Note: I am not the one who created or used the prototype. Credits go to Draygashi for assisting me with creating this. Please note that as per rules, editted nsz files or editting programs are not to be distributed amongst players.)

End Note:
    This little project was made out of my love for Default, as it is one of the most fun things to use in game once you have a solid handle of how to fight other scrolls with it. While it's very late in this game's life, if this scroll has some chance of getting in that would make me one happy fighter :] (And hopefully many others)
    -Ted

Feedback is much appreciated, and of course support as well.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  2. Drevius

described the KPPK combo wrong, going to fix rq

necrocerti likes this.
  3. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

supported

4. NeoStrayFox

NeoStrayFox Clean Up Crew

RagnaXBlade, Drevius and necrocerti like this.
  5. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Boy if you don't add me on Discord

Drevius and necrocerti like this.
  6. Drevius

you never added my new discord

necrocerti likes this.
  7. Drevius

Changes Made:

04/20/2023

- KKK [4 Hits] changed to KKKK [5 Hits]
    - PPGK [4 Hits] combo changed to PPKK [4 Hits] - Keeps original Default PPK combo with Roundhouse finisher added (Thanks for recommending Ztar)
    - KPPK [4 Hits] changed to KKPPK [5 Hits]
    - Original Default PK combo added

04/22/2023
    -KP [2 Hits] combo added [Guaranteed Juggle Launcher]
    -kG Groundhit added [Possible Change]
    -Prototype scroll created by Draygashi (GOAT)

04/24/2023
    -Back Grab Removed
    -kG Groundhit turned into kG K Groundhit + Follow up
    [2 Hits] (Inspired by Tengu)
    -Dash Launcher added [>>G]
    -Prototype Video remade and updated
    -2nd Nanmu (Preferred Nanmu) added
    [INFINITY KICK]

As of now, the scroll is considered complete and will not receive major changes. Possibly small changes or improvements but the combos are as I want them to be currently.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  8. TheFilosopher

TheFilosopher New Member

Support

Drevius and necrocerti like this.
  9. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

add me too btw

10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

My suggestions;
    -Remove the back grab to make it more like Defaulty / less grappling
    -Add Avenger's Original kG

Past that I f-ing love this

Drevius likes this.
  11. Drevius

I may consider removing the backgrab since I'm adding a new combo today so the scroll doesn't get overloaded. I do have a groundhit in mind right now but I need to see what Avenger's OG kg looks like again. If I remember right, it's the running drop kick yeah?

12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Nah thats current Avenger. Old Avenger kG was a single thrust kick knockback similar to Dambe's kG.

I forget nothing.

Drevius likes this.
  13. Drevius

OOOH i remember this holy

Tengu likes this.
  14. YazSoul

YazSoul Juggle Champion

support ily

Drevius likes this.
  15. OchiSama

OchiSama Clean Up Crew

Support frfr

Drevius likes this.
  16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Looked it over again and had a few ideas
    -Make PPP launch, Remove PPGP. Scroll now has 2 3 and 4 input punch combos.
    -KKKK and KKPPK feel like they overlap in purpose with both being 5 hit damage combos. I think cutting 3rd double kick might be good, it would give the combo more angling and accuracy without the added movement + faster knockback execution.
    -Add Old Avenger kG as a kG K followup attack after the current kG ground hit.
    -Use the Renegade PPPP finisher as a KP bounce launcher.
    -Switch KKPPK finisher with Renegade PPPK knee.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    Drevius likes this.
  17. Drevius

I wanted PPP to stay original to keep true to default. PPGP serves as a mix up because people fighting it would expect either PPP or PPK(K) and also it actually gives some time to delay the hits since the original combo is straight forward and doesnt have much room to delay your punches.

It may be because of me looking back at the combo, but Im considering just making the kick combo 3 kicks for the same reason you listed, being quicker and easier knockback. Also just adding the first kick alone supplements the roundhouse kick better

Renegade knee instead of the kick is...not a bad idea. Neither is the bounce launcher. I'm gonna see how that looks when I get a chance

I have to see if there's a way to pull the old kick so I can get an image of it but other than I might leave the kg as is

18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

But this isn't Default, this is Veteran :cool: if you dont want it to be a regular launcher you could suggest lowering the recovery so its a low juggle like on Red Rock's PPK juggle.
    You could GIF clip a youtube video for the attack like how I did for Savate's KKPK, Dambe's KK etc. :D

Drevius likes this.
  19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

In fact here ya go - save it before Makeagif deletes it

[​IMG]

Drevius likes this.
  20. pepilloebach75

pepilloebach75 New Member

;)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023