RE: [Poll] 12sky2 classic quests or no?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WickedNova, Mar 16, 2016.

1. WickedNova

WickedNova Active Member

Hello [GM] Toast, and thank you so very much for asking the community this question, It is indeed a topic that needs to be talked upon. I feel that the inital way that the 12sky2's questing system was setup was indeed rather dull and none-rewarding to players. This does indeed make questing useless, however it does not need to be so. The things we need to fix are rather simple but indeed time consuming. I have many thoughts and ideas on how to fix and resolve this issue. For one, we must implement a new questing system that makes players feel like they have accomplished something and have been rewarded for doing so. This means keeping the rewards fun, exciting and worth-while, while also gradually progressing in difficulty and time consumed to complete the quest. I'am not saying nor asking for players to be rewarded (huge) nor (small) but to be rewarded for completing a task which of course its what makes questing fun! One great flaw, about the current questing system is that it does indeed back-track the player. This is a huge turn-off to many players as they will avoid all future quests if the starting quests require them to go from one NPC, to another then to completing a task and returning to that NPC. This does indeed slow the players progression and makes the questing extremely boring and not worth-while. Like I've said, this is something that I have given a ton of thought over the years and I do indeed have many solutions and ideas that will make our 12sky2 classic great and enjoyable to all! :) One very important thing we must remember is that for a game to be successful it is not about the graphics nor how much content a game has to offer. But rather the games simplicity and its community. I do strongly feel that as a community we can accomplish many things, but we can only do them together. I also strongly believe that our unique faction vs faction system and being able to invade other factions cities and maps are indeed special and something many hard-core and casual-gamers can fall in love with and get hooked on. I believe if we re-work the questing system, levelling system and shop system we will open our doors to new players that have never played 12sky2 before nor the first one. The most important part of a game is the beginning and allowing players to get right into the action is the best thing we can do. We need to make the game enjoyable and fun to all, I hope that together as a community and with the help of everyone we will be able to accomplish these very goals. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this, and hope to hear back from you soon [GM] Toast, thanks again everyone and cant wait for launch only a few more hours to go! Cya all there! :D

sarkkahn and [GM]Toast like this.
  2. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi WickedNova, thanks so much for your thoughtful answer, sorry I didn't respond earlier. This is really good feedback. It seemed that most of the people who voted did not want quests, so the developers have removed them. In place of this, we're going to think of ways to reward players for leveling up. While I can't say anything for sure yet, we'll definitely look into another way to keep players engaged.

See you at cbt! :)

WickedNova likes this.
  3. WickedNova

WickedNova Active Member

Hello Toast, :) I have been playing CBT since Launch up to this very moment, ^_^ reported a few bugs and issues here and there, and I have also made a few suggestions for rewards here http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/levels-quests-important.2815/ I hope that you can take a look at it when you have a chance, & no worries about the late response, you responded and that's all that counts! :p anyhow I'am really excited to be a part of CBT and hopefully together with the community and its players we can make 12Sky2 classic a perfected version fun and enjoyable to all! :D Hope to hear back from you soon :)

Dwulas likes this.
  4. sarkkahn

sarkkahn New Member

i like quests personally just dont over do em, and make the few that you have actually worth completing

5. WickedNova

WickedNova Active Member

I miss you Toast, come back to us! xD We are yet to find a way to keep new players engaged. :(

6. Fleshmonkey

Fleshmonkey Well-Known Member

What a necro

7. WickedNova

WickedNova Active Member

Welcome