GM Plz Answer ---- Who are RedFox Gaming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by itsthem, Jan 18, 2016.

1. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

How is RedFox gaming affiliated with GC?
    Is it a new start up company formed from the demise of GC?
    Are any of the members of staff from GC working for RedFox?
    Is it the same CEO?

It has smelt fishy to me for a while, GC lays all their staff off, a few days later RedFox announces itself as the new publisher of 9d.

Redfox announces the open beta on Feb the 4th GC announces they will be closing 9d on Feb 14th.

Now you guys have RF and will be transferring accounts from GC.

So... Whats the deal? Please be honest with us.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    dixbutts and Leafy like this.
  2. Laxus

Laxus New Member

Where was this announced? and if this is true, it would be a horrible decision for RF to do.

dixbutts likes this.
  3. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

If it's still run by previous staff members, they will most likely ignore the community and just continue to run it as they previously did. The second I read the post about GC shutting their service down, the thought I had of purchasing bags at RedFox in the Item Mall instantly disappeared. Another publisher has shut the game down and everyone loses their time and hard earned money yet again.

I'm hoping the item mall will no longer be p2w and instead be pay for convenience, and cosmetics. I don't see myself spending money on a p2w game, or playing for longer than a month if the events are all weekend long again. I would rather not play a game that's only playable certain days of the week, and only if you spend money to progress.

kilroyjr likes this.
  4. Stunning

Stunning New Member

I am wondering the same thing and why exactly are the games moving here also starting all over is ugh :(

5. Kazer

Kazer New Member

The creator of this topic has the same opinion as I do, however, mine is a little more explainable and doesn't require any answers from RedFox Games, at all. I have a simple theory for all of you to end your questions:
    GamesCampus is RedFox Games - It's just a theory, don't mind me, after all, they took two games from GamesCampus owned previously already, 9Dragons and RF Online, coincidence?

Probably, still, it's mind blowing a company (RedFox Games) wanting to take on two different games from the same company who owned them previously (GamesCampus), or maybe they don't have anything to do with each other and RedFox Games is just a company trying to rise in the MMORPG industry by grabbing two awesome games.

Even the RedFox Games interface seen on the following screenshot has the same layout as the GamesCampus one, or the website designer is just the same as GamesCampus, go check it out for yourself.

[​IMG]
    Like I said, it's just a theory and maybe, just simply maybe, a coincidence, let's be honest here for a second, RedFox Games will publish the Korean Version of 9Dragons, GamesCampus had the US Version of 9Dragons, self-explanatory, still, fishy.​

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  6. Suanni

Suanni Member

They ask us to be their marketing peons but they cant explain who the f*ck are they. Its too fking clear that RF is GC and they have planned this long time ago. They dont even care if we know this, there will be always those tards who will milk the item mall lol.

Kazu likes this.
  7. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

8. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

9. dixbutts

10. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

11. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I never mentioned 9 dragons transfer.

12. dixbutts

Oh, I figured you were talking about 9Dragons because the post was made in this section. I didn't even realize that RF online was picked up by RedFox until you posted that link.

13. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

Oh please stop being such a woman, It's not like 9D is making millions.
    If that were the case, it would be fishy 'cause they would be trying to scam people, but this game doesn't even have 1k players aside from everything else.

Boo-hoo. cry.

14. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

Woah temper temper, big fella, you're gonna pop that vein in your forehead if you continue.

15. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Being a gypsy, he knows this more than any of us.

Kazu likes this.
  16. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

True. However if you use logic you can already figure out why RedFox has nothing to do with GC, if GC can't even run 9D properly why would they spend money on a new company, new contract, servers etc etc.
    Not to mention the risk of losing most of the community since there won't be a transfer.

17. Suanni

Suanni Member

They won't be so stupid to put exact same prices. They milked these fools for years, they wont bankrupt if they lower their prices. They waited for the community and the game to die, dissapeared and came back with another name and something "new" to offer. The perfect way to fool these close-minded people.

Maybe im overthinking this too much, lets hope i'm wrong.

D3mitel likes this.
  18. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

The game doesn't make a lot of money as it is, trying to scam the community would only make them lose more money.

I took million as a metaphor because if they were to do this while this game made millions, they would eventually earn a lot more than spending on creating a fake company, fake gm's etc etc.

19. 9DragonsHermit

9DragonsHermit New Member

Accout T-Fer.jpg

Only have one question what if we have more than 5 emails/accounts?

20. iDropBombs

iDropBombs Member

Wrong game

21. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

ok. lets face the facts...

9d cant have char transfers because the GAME VERSION is completly diferente. no doubts there i hope...

rf is getting char transfers cause its around the same version. but the hope is they will open up a new server eventually.

who is redfox? a new company.

who is GC? old company.

are they one and the same? doubt it. just think of the legal implications of doing that. and why would webzen take over GC if GC was just gonna reform itself under a diferent name and go back to business.

honestly i think redfox probably has some of the same investors and owners as GC. webzan doesnt want to deal with 2 mmorpg that are very outdated. graphics in 9d **** compared to anything these days. but it makes Money just like 12 sky and rf online. gc aka "webzan" kept the newer easier to deal with games and sold the other ones for as much as they could get. redfox picked them up. win/win situation.

and for all the cry babies who are gonna say they restarted 9d only for Money so we spend tons of $$$ on it should i remind you that one of the 9d developers said a couple years ago that the western version of the game or gc version was just gonna get closer to the korean one? it simplifies everything. you cut all the contente develpment crap and all you do from now on its translate and implement. that means more contente less waiting. does it require a server wipe? yes it does. diferente versions.

redfox played their cards allot better then gc did. they got a game that has a population that keeps coming back and spending Money and they got the version that will get most updates the fastest.

as per speeling mistakes my keybord is in PT not eng and i dont feel like changing it nor turning auto correct off