What have been your favourite RF memories so far?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ankyt, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

My fav memories of RF are from the very beginning when I was the worst player between my friends who invited me to play with them. Pretty much would always get smack'd ezpz cause everyone always had astro scrolls and I couldn't even save up enough for the class exclusives. Back in the day, Jujitsu was mad fun, I remember joining a "guild" and having a Jujitsu training session in Resurrection with like 4 other players in a private room. I was never really social, so being a private room was sick. Those were the times where everyone was just striving to be really good and just beat anyone who they came across, at least I was. Whenever I played someone better than me it was super frustrating and extremely fun because I would never want to stop playing with that person until I beat them.

I also remember when I was trying to get into the 1 v 1 scene, there was this one guy who agreed to train me and taught me drifting. He literally just spared me and told me to never block, always move. That was one of the best ways I could've learned drifting because I would do anything to get away and not block. I was so focused on trying to get away from the opponent that I would do so many random things without thinking, and mess up. Obviously I couldn't even land a hit on the guy because he was like pro, and I was like n00b, obv?

These were such fun times, I miss trying to develop my skills and just get better at RF. Now days I kinda just play to play, I already know I'm good, I don't really need to prove anything, nor am I trying to get better because there isn't much reason for my to strive to be better. I even changed my playstyle (nothing super op, no exos) to make it more challenging and fun because the over-all skill level just kinda got really stagnant and scroll/exo dependant. Anytime anyone puts on an exo now, it always just hits the point of, "just do the skill it's bound to do something." I feel like the only fun in that is watching other people get hit/annoyed with lack of effort. I think that, this is also one of the reasons RF is becoming really dull and boring. Because the game/development is steadily moving towards what the initial goal of the game was, to be a "CASUAL Fighting Game." Emphasis on casual as most new scrolls and exos are becoming flashy, or are old skill items being overhauled to be played with easier. This is kind of what's removing the competitive aspect of the game as there is an obvious lack in regulation of balance in skill items.

It's weird tho, it all started because I wanted to be better than my friends at the game and it just kind of stuck to me, and everyone else (my initial friends) just moved on. It's fun to think about that, because obviously this game spoke to me more than my friends. And I always like to think that something super positive is going to happen to this game and it will blow up and be recognized for the great CONCEPT that it is. There isn't anything one can do to the game at the moment though, which is why I never really support or encourage GAME suggestions because in my 9 years of playing, if I've noticed one thing, it's that Nimonix literally is NiNoFix. We will not ever get necessary improvements or overhauls, rather only things Nimonix finds befitting a bit of their time and effort for that mulla.

It's cool though, game's still "fun" (take that with a grain of salt).

#NotProofread #SorryNotSorry

Edit: I just realized that I just needed a topic to post old screenshots that I just found, but I just wrote all that...

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    CityCat likes this.
  2. Shavo

Shavo Well-Known Member

When RuF was Something

3. kyoz123

kyoz123 Well-Known Member

When RF was in its prime

4. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

when was that in yo

5. kyoz123

kyoz123 Well-Known Member

wym i dont even recall but i remember it was before 2010 and after 07 sometime between there was the prime for ME

6. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

ya i would say '09 was rf in its prime

also i said in "your opinion" so u dont have to emphasize "for me" but i get that u might not have gotten what "yo" was

i think it was also the amount of people joining rf at the time that made it so much more than; cause like seeing good players was like rare? hahaha

yaa!! but i was like one of those guys who would just be like "hi" and then never say anything again

still am! lmao

Chorizo likes this.
  7. YagoomiBisen

YagoomiBisen Well-Known Member

goofing off with my pal pokeball23 and IchigoX

i also liked meeting jasper & friends

8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Too op for everyone who cant read that long ass.

My favorite RF memory was GM Panda and GM Over9000 cuz both of them are the best! Now we have GM Gourdy. My old guild was 1st top af before GoDz come out. HumoLoco is the best ever I have.

9. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

There's no reason to read/comment on the length of my reply to the question of topic.

dont want to read, dont have to, no 1 asked any1 to read... on a forum :rolleyes:

That's cool, why have GMs been your favourite memory?

HumoLoco likes this.
  10. Xinybaws

Xinybaws Well-Known Member

When I actually could play rf for hours without dc and also when I actually had friends to play with but now I'm alone. Gud Dayz :rolleyes:

LockBanFlag and HumoLoco like this.
  11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Because GM Panada and GM Over9000 are better than GM LaBeba. And now GM Gourdy is better than GC's GM and GM LaBeba.

Remember why GM Over9000 is the best cuz of this.
    [​IMG]

And still totally remembered what he shout over the megaphone. He went to rampage over Rumble Fighter for some reason.

If i correctly remember what he said.
    He said:
    " Just because you **** at a map decent make the map bad, now does it?"
    "They really dont care. If you get hacked dont come crying to us."
    "Spending astros on megaphone is a good way to show you hate us."
    "How do you plan on fighting me if you are banned?"
    "Rainbow shiney monkeys "
    and more.

That's why I like GM Over9000 give a **** about everyone. Even his god English is too op for everyone.

GM Panada is the first GM. and there a few gms are the best before that ***** hoe come out. :>

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    akai99 and tamirtov like this.
  12. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

1. When my old friends used to play and troll with me...

2. When there we more then 3 pages of games open.

3. When players play on diff maps..

4. When 3 panics, didnt exist.

5. When scroll didnt hit from the sun and back with a KP.

#cry

Blastajoe and HumoLoco like this.
  13. Stimuli

Stimuli Well-Known Member

using atlava hacks to get 1 mil carats

akai99 and HumoLoco like this.
  14. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

He's your favourite because he acted like you? Lol, jokes. And yeah, that's how it went, he basically started banning anyone who said anything or anyone he saw.

if it was the same, we would want something different :- p

15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Not surprised that he action like me, it might be he basically hates the human being. It is how he doing the GM job. Just like the cop job. If the cop see you doing the damnit bad things, you have only choice to obey them. If not, the cop start pew pew pew you off like a *****.

16. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

That is not a good GM or a good cop.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  17. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Da **** the police gg

18. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

There's just so many powerful exocores and scrolls right now, it would seem that they would all have to be nerfed for the sake of balance.

I can't imagine a huge nerfwave coming anytime soon.

1vs1 is imo the most balanced mode (not an official mode though) for a match. But then there's other rules that are set to further balance such as No Exocores, no second panics, 25- stats, 30- crit, etc.

But 1vs1 is so hard to get into since Rumble Fighter is such a social game, that 1vs1 is always pushed aside for team battles/free for all

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    HumoLoco likes this.
  19. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Right now these day they dont know how to do 1v1 cuz they have no idea the rules are existing for 1v1ing. I told them about 1v1ers rules, they anger and called me *****.

20. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

MadCuzBad

tinytinytintin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.