[Spoiler Discussion] Luke Cage

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yusuke, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Castries

Castries Well-Known Member

wat are ur thoughts on jessica jones, daredevil, and the DCEU movies

pidgey, Slowpoke and Yusuke like this.
  2. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Jessica Jones started slow, but did pickup after a couple of episodes. I loved Kilgrave, maybe more so than Fisk. The man truly was sadistic.

Daredevil S1 was phenomenal and I think that's why S2 was a little bit underwhelming. Elektra's story arc was a little bit confusing and the hand never did make their goals clear. Absolutely loved the punisher though and I can't wait for his show next fall. John Bernthal brought so much depth to the character and very easily can lead his own show.

The DCEU is a work in progress. They wanted to take their movies seriously but sucked all the heroism and humor from their films. That doesn't mean I didn't like BvS (extended version enhanced the story), but it had a lot of issues. Suicide Squad was definitely more enjoyable even though the editing was terrible. Since Geoff Johns is taking creative control of the DCEU it's heading in the right direction. Looking forward to The Batman since that'll be the first film that Zack Snyder hasn't touched. The one thing the DCEU definitely got right are the scores though. I've bought the soundtracks for both films.

Fraud, Castries, pidgey and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.