Outdated lvling system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteRay, Mar 23, 2017.

1. WhiteRay

WhiteRay New Member

Hi guys, just wanted to share my toughts. Like some of you might know iam old guy from acclaim time, who enjoyed grinding with my old league HaraKiri. But lets be real its 2017 already, game is very old and has been damaged by many publishers. Right now it seems we have the best version yet since acclaim times, BUT still if we look at MMorpgs and games in general our lvling is VERY outdated. And to level new characters in such an outdated game feels crazy... Killing mobs for hours just to be able to kill mobs with diferent colour for even more hours. :D
    So personaly i think 9dragons need ALOT higher exp rates, even more exp from quests, or auto grinding mode...
    Post your solutions or toughts below, dont be shy.
    PS: any news about 9dragons 1.5?

Hegemonic likes this.
  2. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

You got it all right.

Unfortunately some people will jump in this topic and claim that "we are lazy", "The exp rates are fine", and bla bla bla..

It's so boring to grind for hours the same mob. And the only way to get it done fast is with exp cards and events AND premium. Right... anything that involves their overpriced heavy p2w item mall.

I would rather have permanent high exp rates, and no more exp events. So people will get to grind any time of the day, any day of the week... and not just login during weekends.

Game gonna die sooner or later. It's so obvious that redfox don't really care about keeping and improving the game. I'm so glad i haven't spent a penny in this version so far

They opened a new server, on the same day they released 9D on steam to "bring new players". You are all mistaken if you still believe this was their original purpose. We all knew that no new players will stay after few days of joining, especially with this unspeakable exp rates, outdated graphics and interface. RedFox main reason of opening a new server was to make players from TAO start all over again on new server (new cash flow), and hopefully bring back some veterans.. which are having more chance to stay.

3. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

They had no events at the start of Tao, but a lot of people complained that they didn't like how there wasn't any events on the weekend. I think they should find a happy medium and increase the base rates, with +50% bonuses on the weekends. Maybe something like,

Permanent Increase:
    • +100% XP
    • +250% Skill XP
    • +150% Drop

Weekend Bonuses:
    • +50% XP ( +150% Overall )
    • +250% Skill XP ( +500% Overall )
    • +50% Drop ( +200% Overall )

balb1n0 likes this.
  4. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

In my opinion, MMORPG is divided by two types. Grind-based mmorpg and Quest-based mmorpg. Grind-based, you must have more time as you need to spend hours to kill mobs in order to level up. Some mmorpgs are Quest-based, which most exp is mostly gained from completing quests. These two types have very much differences in term of its system and I, myself, enjoy grind-based more than quest-based. I played several games that are Quest-based and it only took me 1/2 weeks just to reach cap level which is quite boring. I don't know what others may think though but this is my opinion.

People will likely say, "You have no life, it's okay for you play 24/7". No, totally wrong. I still wonder why those who spend their time playing games are called "Having no life". What about working non stop just to get money? Having no life as well? It doesn't matter either way. Some people rush to cap level, while others rush to get items. Either way, you must have fun in everything you do.. Just because I manage my time effectively, don't label me as "You have no life".

When it comes to 9Dragons, it's totally grind-based mmorpg. Those who have more time to spend will likely to reach higher levels and get items.However, it doesn't mean those who are "having life" , can't reach higher levels. Enjoy the game as you play. Maybe it'll take you a month or two to reach HG or slightly more. But why not? It's a game afterall. If it's very easy just to reach high levels, it would be totally boring. In my case, I reached HG5 in 3 weeks, I'm one of those people who "have no life", I guess? Suit yourself what it may be. If you've ever played in the previous versions, they had worse exp rates. RedFox provides the best exp rate, which only took me 3 weeks to reach HG5. It took me longer for the previous versions. I only used x2 cards/x5 cards I got from the attendance. I didn't spend a penny to level up from LS1 to HG5. Trust me, there are some maps which you can make money. Just don't be lazy, that's what grind-based mmorpg is all about. They changed the attendance reward now though, will be tougher I guess. But if it takes longer, why not?

In the end, when it comes to playing mmorpg, you can't be lazy. I have to mention this no matter what. Some people just rage and don't even farm items/dungeons. There are tons of ways to get money in this game without spending real money.

These are my opinions though, feel free to judge.

OnenaHGvvellCSoG likes this.
  5. OnenaHGvvellCSoG

OnenaHGvvellCSoG Active Member

They are giving KL epis in attendance, that helps alot too...

Yes there are maps that give alot of money... The only problem is during the week. With this drop rate you barely get gold drop from mobs... That is what is trully killing this game. If they turned x2 drop on permanently and dont ever touch it anymore, not even to increase at events, this version of 9dragons would be the best ever...

6. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

I agree, need higher rates so people can enjoy doing the higher lvl end game stuff. I tried to get my friends to play this game but they can't stick it out because they're just grinding on mobsf or hours on end.

7. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

I really hope they will consider improve the drop rates permanently too. Nothing to do in weekdays, quite boring.

balb1n0 likes this.
  8. WhiteRay

WhiteRay New Member

I wont judge anything. :D thanks for opinion.
    I had HG char at previous version. And i have no problem with grind or grind Mmorpgs. It was pain in the ass to grind at HG.
    Kill 2 mobs to get 0.01 or even less.. But if i had my character or we knew that game wont be abondoned again i wouldnt complain. The problem i have is that community and game it self is too old and damaged by change of publishers, already how much times? i lost count.... 4 forsure...
    I like this game but i just lost fate in this game... i love end game pvp and dungeons and farming also field boses and marketplace and whole style of 9dragons. So i think if we got more exp or atleast auto grind for lets say 4h a day forexample... it would make old veteran guys come back to atleast enjoy some time with old friends and game they once loved.... i know alot people who wont comeback simply becouse they have to grind again countless hours. Also i heard they test 9dragons 1.5 at korea, so if we get such huge graphics update do we have a chance of loosing our characters again?