Old Acclaim player revisiting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baregon, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Baregon

Baregon New Member

I played at the very beginning of 9dragons. I'm wondering how much it has changed. It seems everyone is such high levels in forums that would take a year of heavy grinding to get to back when I played, before or around Icy opening up was last time I played or possibly the discipleship addition and the healers got traps to try and combat the OP nukers in BP. Always a healer or hybrid, there were issues where skills would not properly level past c10 or some skills didn't even work/were useless.

My questions are for any players that have seen the changes over the years.
    What are major changes?
    Are healers still just there for the buffs still and their hp/ve grind leech?
    Is it worth starting from scratch to try out the game again?
    Have classes been balanced and skills been debugged?
    Specifically the healer/hybrid class, are they still useful and such and I'm curious about any skill changes.(I'm familiar with the Shao skills best)

Any opinions/pointers would be appreciated. I've downloaded, but have yet to login as I am scared of starting another 2-3 month long grind only to find there are the same or worse issues from years ago I faced.
    Oh and there is a skill trainer now!! That used to be a banable offense !

Thanks all!

Baregon...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

grinding to lvl 200 is very easy now so wont take long for you to pass where you used to be.

lots of changes. Dungeon revamps for green/red runs
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/dungeon-update-cof-voh-vod-and-double-dragons.44159/
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/dungeon-update-the-school-of-rising-sun.42391/
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/dungeon-update-north-sea-icy-palace.45012/

lots of new weapons, clothes, relics etc.

all roles have been balanced and skills updated.
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index....18-at-18-00-pdt-patch-139-141-complete.43156/

Healers are OP now, there is no ck healer.
    Hybrids are also really strong, either ck or phys.

skills can be levelled to c12

If you go white clan I can give you a hand with things

3. Baregon

Baregon New Member

So I still have a toon FD8 on Tao, I just logged into. All my skills are gone though. just did a suicide to get back to clan base..not even lightfoot is on me lol. If you are on Tao would love to chat! IGN Baregon

4. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

yeah skill revamp. all skills were reset and the skills were updated. If you didn't receive 100 x10 kung fu exp skills send in a ticket to gm and they should give you some to help lvl skills again

5. Baregon

Baregon New Member

has so much changed i would need to start over my character you think or lower level stuff stayed about the same?

6. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

lower lvl stuff still the same. You'll level that quickly you'll outgrow early stuff easily anyway

7. SaiyanCaulifla

SaiyanCaulifla New Member

Don't talk about other games or I will go Saiyan Mode!

8. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

Lol I like the white part in your post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019