[Official]RF's Learning Curve Guide

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by TheFuzionBranz, Oct 5, 2016.

1. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

This guide is dedicated to helping players who want to improve, a short cut to the right things to be doing. Like the average gamer, You can look up game info online and then spend hours of playing to practice; But I will put all of the useful information that I find best for helping players get good, the right way.

1)Game Modes:
    Teams:
    Recommended for Newer players, Possibilities to get carried by better players, see and learn the scrolls, exocores, maps and tricks people use.
    Skill Level: Beginner to Expert
    Most Common Maps:
    -Glacier Cove
    -Risky Escape
    -Fortress
    -Dos Palmas
    -Third Rock
    -Cliff Temple
    -Dungeon

Guild War: More for competitive players of experience. There are lower skill players in there, but it is not a good idea to be in this area until you get a 40 stat set, 2 decent exocores and 1 scroll you`re good with.
    Skill Level: Intermediate to Expert
    Most Common Maps:
    -Glacier Cove
    -Dos Palmas
    -Cliff Temple(Mainly 2v2)
    -Fortress

1v1: The skill level is fairly high here. It might be hard for many players to win here, But it is where most of the learning is done and where you train your fundamentals of being a good player.
    Skill Level: Intermediate to Expert
    Most Common Maps:
    -Blacktop Melee
    -Dungeon
    -Third rock (3v3 no dt/6 person free for all)
    -Rumble Dojo

Moonlight: I would highly recommend this mode, because it will motivate you by showing a certain depth to the Rumble Fighter system. Also, You might die VERY OFTEN here, But you will learn by spectating and have an easier chance to kill players by edging.
    Skill Level: Beginner to Expert
    Most Common Maps:
    -Moonlight Valley (Singles)

1.2)Other Game Modes:
    While many other rumble and battle modes exist, I do not recommend them as much as most popular listed for training purposes. Demolition and KOTH can help with practicing movement, It isnt the same playstyle as typical PvP and is something just to change the style of play for fun.

2)How to train yourself*:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Be sure to mention King of the Hill as it gives players chances to make several mistakes but still come back to practice more. FFA Dos KOTH is possibly the most casual mode in the game and it's a shame they haven't given us a new KOTH stage since '08.