Now that we are settling down

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iliketoplayrf, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

Topic of [CA]/[RM]/moderators.

Will we have them? When will we have them? How many will we have? How will they be chosen? What tasks will moderators withhold here on RedFox?

I think it would be a smart thing to think about now that we are settling down from transfers. A lot of players are complaining about lagging ticket replies, no in-game events, no forum moderation during nights and weekends, the staff not listening to the players, so on. With a mod, or couple mods, they will be our direct voice, they will mod the forums, they will create time for the staff to speak with Nimo more, answer our tickets quicker, and so on. I see a win-win here. Time is money, GMs.

I feel the community should be a part of the decision since the staff is not aware of certain candidate's pasts. I am only aware of about a handful of people who truly deserve a moderator position and they are all from Savaya: Sam, Starberry, Exocore, and Legend. Patrick would be a pretty funny mod, I'll throw his name in there. No favoritism, not even from Savaya, just preaching truth.

Sorry if these questions have been answered, and sorry for putting your IGNs there like that for possible targetting. May a GM please answer my questions?

What's good ma dude [GM]Gourdy?

2. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

The community should not decide who is a CA or not because the community is full of stupid shits

3. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

Haha. We should have a say on who would be great mods though would you not agree? The Savaya members above would be an unpeccable team of mods.

4. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Would love to see more GM involvement in the forums. Like they enter random threads and they also give their own opinion about things. Would be great to have more mods for that reason

iliketoplayrf likes this.
  5. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

I want no RM/CA only more GMs

Windstorm and iliketoplayrf like this.
  6. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

Yes. Yes. It is always nice to here their insight when it comes to important topics and great questions. They give a much bigger horizon in thought and it is usually respected by the players. We as players who love this game naturally love staff involvement both on forums and in the game itself. For example we love throwdowns. Having a bigger staff, not too big, but bigger, is key.

7. LilPastry

The problem is that if the community picks them, there's an obvious bias towards people who may or may not do a good job.

Gms should pick em.

8. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

I must disagree because of said points in op. Time is money. Time is key. Major key alert. With mods to do some of the GMs work as easy as posting a forum event here on the forums, it saves time, making time for a GM to answer a ticket, for instance.

9. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

Agreed. We should not vote, but just have a say, would you not agree? Like for example, Legend is chosen as moderator, people should be allowed to say why or why not he deserves it. Not saying the people's vote should or should not strike a decision.

10. Flamekiller

Always someone that's corrupt and abuses their power. Latale recently removed the CA function. Gourdy is awesome by himself and he doesn't need power hungry ppl leeching of items.

11. LilPastry

People will voice their opinions on the matter, regardless of whether the gms ask for them

It's called "complaining"

Rf community is good at it

12. LordSea

LordSea Well-Known Member

Savaya members? UNPECCABLE??? Autism confirmed

13. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

hah didn't know that

14. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

Yeah he is a great [GM], I cannot disagree. But let us be real, he has done it all on his own, at least it seems, but they are going to need moderation and a bigger staff base in the long run. It only has its ups. Only downside I can see is what you said, power hungry and what not but let's be real that's probably its only down and is upscaled by many ups. If they are smart they will implement moderation soon. We are now settled down.

15. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

Haha got me there. But truth is Sam, Starberry, Exocore, Legend, Patrick, they would do dandy.

16. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

I really hope you trolling with those names you listed

17. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

You don't agree?

18. Flamekiller

Nvm you obv want the wrong ppl.

19. iliketoplayrf

iliketoplayrf Member

Who you want? Not everyone will agree on the same people, I respect other people's opinions yet no one wants to respect other's haha.

20. Flamekiller

I don't favorite they have to earn it, 1-2 of those ppl u listed could have a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.