Loyalty system is a fail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GubRee, Aug 2, 2017.

1. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Ok. But I got to make you notice somthing.

You came up with a brilliant post about "variety is good" (which I agree too lol), but you didn't notice that argument was already resolved and clarifyed just 2 or 3 post earlier lolz.
    I make a lil summary: I THOUGHT there were EASIER ways to farm banners (my mistake ofc), I ASKED someone to CONFIRM that, more than one guy kindly EXPLAINED that to me already and I AKNOWLEDGED it and gave my thanks.
    So brilliant must say :p

Second: this post has been really usefull to me, let me understand and clarify many things about loyalty system. I had a lil feeling that I'm not the only one missing something about it, and that a discussion about loyalty was needed, maybe... (wasn't someone asking for a guide too? :p)

Third: even if it's a good system to make banners, there are still 2 points:
    1) about 45 loyalty npc's and just a bunch usefull (7 i think). And it's not like you chose one or another, because you HAVE to stick to those for banners and few others.
    2) the "increase rate with donations" is not really ideal for me (sorry if I have opinions, hope to not disappoint someone lolz), because, since success rates are "not high", it forces you to wait until you max donation BEFORE you start farming. Why I have to fill my bags with fiber ropes etc. forever? wouldn't be better to farm already from Nanchang? (maybe should be esier on lower maps to max donations? don't know)

So Loyalty system is not a fail, but still there is something of it that doesn't make sense (at least to me). Maybe I'm wrong and it's due to my ignorance again, but still didn't get answer on those.

Thanks to all people who are contributing and giving explanations. Have a good time ^^

rsf666 likes this.
  2. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

The increase by having maxed out loyalty isn't really that important, one can use crafting after donating just one item, althou' of course maxing it out will help for multiple tries over time and it's not that hard to max loyalty, specially by doing srs you get collectibles and karma relics at any level.

Succes rates are something like:
    - 50% for def/dodge trinket
    -25% for bloody marble of red shout
    -33% for blood bead of earth
    -33% for any banner
    -25% for hp trinket

And always keep in mind that even if it's 25% you can get real long fail streaks 10-15 tries, just not that often but in the end you will see that the % of nr of tries vs nr of succes will balance out with the numbers I have given cause you will have real high succes streaks. Long fail streaks hurt the most when trying for banners, less for the other relics.

Example I have made 4 bloody marbles from 28 tries and after that I have tried 15 more times and made 6 which is close to 25% in the end, so 43 tries and made 10 marbles.

3. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Ok. Thank you for you answer, usefull info and experience. I'm still hm11 atm, a lil more to go srs :D

4. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

How did you find out about my evil plan to steal info about loyalty system???? No one can trick you, eh? XD lolz

The name of the thread was a bit exaggerated, ok. But I still don't like the system how it is, it's not well designed and could be way better.
    Furthermore, I can still recall my very first post every word and confirm that, exept the blacksmith thing. (Which I'm pretty sure it has been changed this last year, and before it was used for enanchement.)

5. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Sorry if I am being annoying, but I really don't like to see things not true, and maybe sometimes I'm not really clear on what I say, so i want to clarify.

If it's said: "This thread is a fail" ----- I repeat again what I said already: "Ok. But I think it's far from being a fail since it brought interesting discussions."

If layout like this: "Your thread title is inappropriate" ----- I can accept the opinion, but don't agree 100%. Still I already said 2 times in my previous posts: "loyalty system is not a fail" and "title was a bit exaggerated". Why insist on that? How many time I have to say? Have I to implore for apologies or what?

Then: "You called something you didn't quite understand a fail... (rest of the line is just hilarious) ----
    This is why i quoted my first post. Although I was missing and didn't understand something about the system, it seems to me that it's not really related to the reasons why i made this thread in the first place, as proved in my first post.

What I didn't understand in:

"Only usefull things are banners"? (30 to 40 useless NPCs)
    (about blacksmith i think it was the old system, my mistake, still not related to "understanding")

"I grinded in icy and still didn't max general store in first village/NC"? (it's a fact.)

"Plus, the system itself is designed the wrong way..."? Here, I'm not meaning to be unfair to FuraAlba, and contraddict what it's said. I aknowledge and understand his point. But especially for players who doesn't have many hours to spend in game, I think it's just stupid to start farming before max donations, it's just a waste of attempts (at least me, I would never do that). I even made proposals on how it could be. (make easier to max on low maps/add new items instead of increase success rate)

So I don't think I'm "bashing around" and speaking clueless about things, maybe it's more about personal opinions and tastes.

Thanks to all who contribute and help, sorry again for being annoying ^^'(a bit I fell into the troll-trap lolz and a bit I don't want other to beleive things not true)

6. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Actually this is partially true, because I noticed that not all NPCs accept both relics and collectibles. It happens that General Stores in Nanchang (and in all low lvl maps if I'm not mistaken) accept only relics and no collectibles at all. Now, relics give 2 loyalty points each while collectibles give 4, and they're much easier to drop.

In fact, I have been donating all dropped relics to first Nanchang village GS and donating collectibles only on next maps NPCs. I've badly outleveled that GS xD, because I maxed another NPC and passed on another one using collectibles only, while the Nanchang one is still almost maxed :D.

Conclusion is (at least for my experience) that is much easier to max high lvl maps NPCs than ones in low lvl maps. It would make sense instead to have the very oppiste and have easier ways on low lvl maps.

Anyway this is not meant for polemicize, I greatly appreciate all help and infos given. I just wanted to point out how things work.

7. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Depends, if you have a tibet or lower level farmer it's not that hard to max NC general store loyalty. With the farmer you farm whatever you want to farm and you take a 2nd char on that account and move him in the village you want loyalty, then via storage just move the karma relics from farm char to 2nd char and donate, less time consuming and you will finish fast. I probably made 4-5 double banners, can't remember exactly and I still don't have my 2nd general store loyalty maxed out which is 800 something I think. If there's some special event in place farm karma relics also, don't farm them just for the sake of farming them to max loyalty, it's tedious and pretty boring either way and like I previously said maxing loyalty isn't that important.

GubRee likes this.
  8. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

I didn't undestand very well the part about farming, but reading that YOU, with all the banners you have made, still didn't max second GS!! It's so scary mate xD I think I will leave NC NPCs and move on ahahaha

Anyway I am not farming loyalty, I'm just saving drops from my normal grinding/dungeons etc.