Idea about PVP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Chaos

Chaos Member

Hello

I wanted to make a suggestion about the PVP system in this game. Instead of making the entire server a PVP zone, you could have designated "War time". Put a story behind it as a back bone, everyday, for 2 hours make the entire map PVP. Then once war time is over, take off PVP and call it "time of peace" or something.

You could motivate players to grind during war time so no one just goes offline during this time, by implementing a 50% exp boost if you grind in war time. This way, people will try to grind, they will fight, enjoy themselves for two hours and then go back to normal gaming functions. People who dont wanna participate during this time, can just stay afk in safe zone or go offline during that time.

Hegemonic, machatzi and iDropBombs like this.
  2. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Still, PvE maniacs, will never agree to 'more rewards' during PvP :)

But i like your suggestion

3. Szafka

Szafka Active Member

More exp = grind so people wont pvp/pk. I disagree with your sugesstion but I see the point. Maybe in other game. Leave 9Dragons pvp how it was.

4. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

I have no problem with this, if it is treated as an event and equal events are given to PvE players. What I have a problem with is PvP players being given rewards, for doing something they say they enjoy doing in the first place.

The idea doesn't take into consideration different time zones, nor the fact that it would be a lot simpler to just put in a PvP switch allowing everyone to play how they want, when they want.

I'm not going to keep doing the merry go round so here are all the answers to the objections.

1. PvP is not objectively important to the game. It's not a requirement for anything other than bad karma, and that isn't important.
    2. Lots of things in the game have been changed. There is no objective reason why PvP should be given special treatment.
    3. If everyone turns it off, then I guess it just isn't as much fun as you think it is.
    4. Your enjoyment of PvP is not more important than the dislike of those who don't. You are not more important than us.
    5. Open-PvP allows you to force people to PvP against their will. That means it's already an unfair situation. Giving us a way to turn it off will give us the equal ability to play how we enjoy the game most.
    6. You can still play PvP against anyone else who has it turned on. If you can't find anyone... refer to #3.
    7. There are no PvP quests you have to do, and the story of the game specifically involves AI enemies, not PvP.
    8. Yes, I know I can play a different game. But unless you can come up with an objective reason why I should have to, I shouldn't. Return to #1.

5. Frazle

Frazle Member

Good idea, this way I can grief people for 2 hours straight!

Blitzcronk and Vrangsinn like this.
  6. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

There is already an anti-pvp buff under 'second stages of development testing'.

7. leonol1

leonol1 New Member

Jesus fvking christ, all this ******** talk about pvp solutions etc etc etc...
    pvp is part of this game deal with it and dont cry about it.
    that fvking wanted system must be gone to, what a completely idiot system.
    pvp should be the same as gc. and only anti pk buff in cc , and no one else.