Here for the Wanted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Staywur, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Staywur

Staywur New Member

Since he came out of nowhere and attacked me, I put him on Wanted list and he ran to Hefei. Just decide to have a little fun with it.
    [​IMG]

2. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

But basically he destroyed you. Trying to coverup the fact you lost. Anyways:

Dear Redfox, please fix the pvp system, as in dont allow high level players to just kill newbs. It destroys the spirit of the game. Secondly, PLEASE remove the wanted system from Yin. It has no place on a PvP server.

3. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Preventing higher levels from attacking any lower levels has no place on a PvP server.

The wanted system only gives a debuff if you kill someone with their self defense mode on. If you want to "PvP" then you can PvP without penalty. You can only receive a penalty if the other player is unwilling to participate for any reason.

4. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

it does. also there are threads on how someone else started attacking, when a person was grinding in CoC, he killed the attacker, and then the attacker made him wanted. If you say preventing high levels from attacking lower levels has no place on a PvP server, make PKing punishable definitely has no place.

5. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

That's an issue with self defense being re-enabled in a short time period. If the player is incapable of killing an attacker in the allotted time before the defense is reset, then they are now considered the attacker. Simple to fix, but the chance of getting the developers to fix it is as low as the drop rate.

Punishment and being incapable of attacking are two different things. Look at Lineage 2, it uses an unforgivable system where your gear can be destroyed or dropped upon death if you are marked from PKing.

If you want them to change something without removing or adding a new system (both of which will never happen), then start asking for an update to the "PvP Level Difference" balancing mechanic. You're supposed to only have 50% of your attack rating, and 40% of your damage if you are more than 7 levels higher than the target. It doesn't seem to be working very well.

6. Ubermensch9

Ubermensch9 Member

All I'm asking for is the fix, the penalty for attacking someone 7 levels lower than you is valid, but like you're saying, it doesn't seem to be working well. Ofcourse if someone lower than 7 levels attacked you, you should not get penalty retaliating. These are the small things any good game has for it's mechanics. Saying it's unfixable is saying thos game will remain crap, Take it or leave it, which kinda sucks :[

7. Michiyo

Michiyo Well-Known Member

Haha newbies,

Wait until you guys find out the bug which remove wanted status for free. The server is gonna run chaos lols Aw I can't wait until that happen xD Btw If anyone want to PVE, come to Tao ^^ 2 servers will be merged anyway. An early start makes all differences xD

8. Runamuc

Runamuc New Member

can, may and will never understand this pvp system, when you're attacked in certain areas like Liaodong, its either you die, of become wanted, sucks like a vacuum

9. Ryannnnn

Ryannnnn New Member

I think in the beginning, they wanted to make it so that 25 level higher than you get punished for pking with this wanted system. But then a lot of people complained and now everybody gets punished.

In this game, if you are within, 24 levels with each other, nothing gets nerfed. Everything's a go, head to head. But if you pvp someone 25 level or higher, then lower level character's AR is nerfed.

But then again, this game is currently at the stage where it is the result of all the complaints from all the people who could not comprehend the basis of the game.

10. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Not accurate.
    6 lvls apart already makes a different, and it affects dmg, critrate, hitrate and defence.

The game is better off without the broken wanted system. Also the tracing system is abused and ought to be removed.

11. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

It is normal to provide a reason when giving a claim.

Reason the wanted system is broken at the moment is because of this scenario:

Player A is grinding peacefully in LiaoDong.
    Player B attacks Player A without provocation.
    Player A defends himself and succeeds in killing Player B.
    Player B makes Player A wanted.
    Player A is now penalized 6 hours for no other reason that defending himself.

Above scenario only makes the game more fun to trolls.

Stereotyped likes this.
  12. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

You assume too much, too quickly. I´d be fine with a anti-grief system that work.
    However the current system is flawed and doesn´t make the game more fun.
    Your tone and logic is rather annoying. If you state a good point, I can respect it - but yours seems to be of the blind nature that reacts agressively to anybody who don´t share your blind convictions.

Playing Asura PK server in a warring league for years taught me that a broken wanted system is worse than none at all.

Stereotyped likes this.
  13. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

I got a bachelor in computer science, so I guess I got a decent understanding of coding.
    And asking for invite, after these kinds of replies, i feel neither of us would benefit of being leaguemates. And I am guessing that you wont be able to keep up in a warring league anyways.

14. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

I enjoy the game and spend quite alot of time in it. Call me serious if you want, it doesn´t bother me the least.

Carebear play is not what I want, or I´d pick another game. Seeing you so eagerly trying to promote a broken wanted system makes me wonder if you picked right? 9Dragons is missing a leg without the PvP, and trying to play it PvE is just missing out.

So before you start wishing for a full PvE game, either open your mind a bit to the concept of PvP or accept you'll only be playing for the storyline. 9Dragons is not a PvE game. It was never built to be, and RedFoxs limited resources couldn't make it that way if they tried.

Instead, I suggest you level the odds, by your own effort. And if you can´t, don´t act like a wronged baby of theatrical proportions that threathens to hold his breath, leave the toiletseat up and whatnot - when things don´t go his way. Man up, seek a solution and don´t sit passively and wallow about how terrible the situation is. And worst of all, is playing forum warrior trying to promote a broken wanted system.

Stereotyped likes this.
  15. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

People can play anyway they like. If they only play the PvE part, they are only playing half the game. And if you get pk´d in a game built for pvp - there´s nobody who is going to act surprise or start promoting broken anti-pk system.
    Nobody is dictating you how to play - but that doesn´t mean your delusional expectations are meant to roam free when you voice them on the forum.

Anyways, I am fast losing interest in replying to you, as your posts turn to be more of personal insults and troll-baits.

johnfreeman likes this.