GM - External Wound Bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sjobeckion, Jul 12, 2018.

1. sjobeckion

sjobeckion Member

I have a HI10 character and when I go to Hangzhou and Datong, the mobs are giving me EW. Is that a bug? Are they supposed to be critting me?

2. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

some skills give external wounds...whether crit or not....that is part of new change....lol

3. sjobeckion

sjobeckion Member

Ty Sirme ^_^

4. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

So mobs are balanced now and have new skills to?

5. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

mobs always had skills lol.
    most people never noticed cause they rarely proc.

now they do more often.

6. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

If we go back in time in 2008 I remember when I made some guides for Acclaim forum, I read the story behind how those mobs/monsters were design. Old players remembers that the monsters are divided into classes like we have classes and roles. Depending on the class they are in, they have certain skills.

All connects with ancient China. Mobs were design to have unique background histories/stories just like Shao, Wu-Tang, Beggar clans. The monsters are animals and non-animals. In ancient China the humans had a big problem with animals and they try different ways to defeat them (using skills). Like in ancient time, in game you get drops from the animals you kill like skin, claws and so on (see tigers, snakes, leopards, bears) to trade or make other objects.

Non human monsters were design after some of the troublemakers gangs that were aggresive. That is why some mobs always gang.

The spies and disguise feature have been attributed to Shadow Clan. If you go in ZZ map, when you exit from clan map, you have plenty of White Shadow Disciples that follows you into the village to kill you with white masks on the face, like old spies & assassins.

EW & IW are also giving by a quest in NN map, that reminds you that some mobs have poison skill so may be intoxicated.

After bandits & burgles you have the ancient creatures like evil spirits . Who is familiar with wuxia novels, knows that those spirits hunts the world in dark times. Lots of people in ancient time were marked by prophecies.

Than, like in wuxia world we have expelled disciples from the clans. Those monsters have the skills of the clans. In coc 4 we have all kind of ex. disciples or Tibet ( after first village).

In Kunlun map I see a lot of I see many similarities to the immortal world of wuxia . This is a spiritual plan. The monsters are like old spirit. Here we have fox spirit (nine tail fox), phoenix as fenghuan and so on.