[Discussion]Who else thought?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sadpie, Mar 19, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

I just can't possibly see why not...

If I were in yous guys shoe(having to not be able to play a FUN game because dumb ;lag) then I'd want the same thing

tinytinytinytiny and ataris like this.
  2. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

Hello Zaya, nice to see you here , it's been a while :)
    Yeah, you are right.

3. YeahFoes

YeahFoes Well-Known Member

I didn't think of anything.

tinytinytinytiny and Deltro like this.
  4. Lhyer

Lhyer Member

lol you wild.

5. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

Hello friend how are you

6. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

To be honest, at this point, as long as there's 7 other people online to play with, I don't even care what happens.

7. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

I agree that it would be more disappointing than ever if the EU players weren't given their server after the poll which included that choice, but all things regarding the discussion are subject to change.

Now let's just say you don't get your own server…

The EU players refuse to play on a joint server. You guys only want to come back if you get your own. But why? If you play in your channel, which, is basically a FREE channel for EU players, would that not be the same thing? You are ruining the fun for yourselves is how I see it. Yeah, in the long run, it would be necessary to have EU staff, but that is not a major issue RedFox can't solve.

---

I agree they shouldn't rush the process. They should make sure issues like first load should be taken care of. They should also brainstorm on little tweaks they can create to make the game beginner-friendly as well as vet-friendly. An example would be a new beginner system as well as the option to try out scrolls and exocores from the shop. The list can go on… but with the minimal amount of days counting down to laubch you can only expect things to remain the same and carry over from GamesCampus completely. Which, truth be told, would be v disappointing.

8. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

@Exocore That would be the most, frustrating, disappointing, saddening thing ever in a long time.

Sorry I am not on your side on this one because of one simple reason.

I am pretty sure he brought the EU server idea back to life because he has the resources meaning:

1. He has experience with opening servers
    2. The financial resources

Seriously you can NOT you can simply NOT be this ignorant and so much of a blender to make a poll about something that was never intendet to be in the first place?

It's like making a poll "Ay community do you want a trading system?"

A. Yes (80%)
    B. No trading system(20%)

And at the end it's not going to happen because he straight made the thread out of symphaty.

Of course, there haven't been 5000 yes votes but that doesn't matter.

A poll is a poll, the majority voted "yes".

Ressurecting EU takes time after all this game has done to us.

So please just please don't come up with that defending the publishers to gain symphaty mentallity, don't go that low.

It's simple, don't start a thing if you NEVER intendet to do it in the first place.

So IMO if that Gourdy has charisma and a bit of a brain, he will tell us that we are getting an EU server because if not, he did it all for symphaty and I simply can not believe someone would do that with such a sensitive topic.

It is and it will stay as I said, EU will completly die if we are not getting our EU server. The only player that will remain is Tides.

So with hyping up a sensitive topic to gain symphaty in a short amount of time and destroy every hope within seconds and say "sorry no EU server for you guys lulz"

I would be speechless and my only question would be "why have brought the idea of an EU server back to life if you never intented to make one in the first place?"

Gamescampus has not even once offered us the opportunity to have a say in the matter of creating an EU server. RedFox gave us that opportunity to talk, vote and suggest, don't tell me they did all that for nothing. I am sure they will change something about the EU situation because they gave us the impression that they care. So I don't think they will drop all that with "sorry no EU server"

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  9. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Idk why people argue with this kid

tinytinytinytiny likes this.
  10. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Lol it's not really a matter of ignorance. The problem was the EU community would not stay in their respective channel. That's why you guys asked for your own server initially. Say you get your own server, as of right now there still won't be that many playing. It's not like the server will be hosted in Europe anyways, it'll still be in America as stated by Gourdy. If anything they should have region locked the channels.

11. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

Nah, there will be tons of players returning on launch day. You guys really have no idea how many EU players are going to play. Really the ONLY problem we have/had is the lag and the interactions with NA.

Seriously man you guys can not lie, before we moved to GC, we had our own server, we had tons of players, we even had 4 or 5 CAs.

Are you telling me, 90% of all the players suddenly quit the game because they don't want to play Rumble Fighter anymore? No lol, it was because of the lag.

I can almost assure you that we would have a very active playerbase within a few months. These people are gamers, how much does it take to download a f2p game? Everyone, everyone of them would download RuF EU and start playing, maybe not as much as they used to but they will come back. They will give it at least a try and if they see it's a stable nonlagging game, why would they not stay? They will come back from time to time and start playing more frequently.

Man what is the problem with us? As if it's not worth a try come on it's so easy to say anything because you have your own server but jump in my situation and you would feel different, I am fighting for that because I know it's going to work not because of a stupid dream in my head.

It's the last chance anyways, they don't need to open up an EU server in 1 or 2 years, now or never because you have no idea how many EU players silently sitting there and waiting for me to give them an answer regarding the EU server.

12. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Lag only occurred when interacting with the NA community I thought? Otherwise when you guys stuck to your own channel their was minimal lag. Again even with your own server it'll be hosted in America. There will still be some lag regardless.

13. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding.

@sadpie This is honestly why I voted for the second option of the poll… region locked channels. There'd be zero difference. Yeah, you guys probably would spend more, play more, forum more… and RedFox should know that… BUT really, there's no difference. You also have to consider downfalls, my friend.

All in all you know I've always tried backing up the very few EU lads I've gotten to know and try to have both sides see what's at hand.

14. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Yeah looking back, the second option makes more sense. Then they don't have to allocate any money for a separate server.

15. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

I have never experienced any lag in the "Free-EU" channel. Therefore don't make me laugh and tell me they are going to stay in the "Free- EU" channel. If they make this channel again then at least add a region block or anything. Gourdy has and will change something regarding the situation, it will not be the same game again and if it is then I can only say have fun and enjoy RuF because I cba to play the same failure again which I quit a long time ago. I would have never been here if my EU friends hadn't told me about this, so I came here to fight, can't wait for an official announcement today.

16. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

@Exocore I can live with that decission but if there is NO CHANGE at all, then it's laughable and I will just move on with Rocket League.

17. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I don't think I was implying that there's heavy lag in the EU channel. I used the word minimal. If they decide to go with the region locked channels for whatever reason, then they should include all 4 channels that NA have. There's no reason EU should be isolated. You'll still be using the same forums. If anything your next worry should be if the GMs will make events that cater to the European time zone.

18. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Hopefully they have something set up for the launch already. Otherwise it could take some time.

19. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

If it's a good region block which locks you to your channel based on your ip, can't say anything because it's at least a step but it should be done non exploitable. If people still can join rooms through bypass for example if you have an american friend in your buddy list and you press play together you can still enter the american channel because you tricked the system. If they really want to do it then properly and there should be now way to trick the system or even use a VPN.

tinytinytinytiny, ataris and Yusuke like this.
  20. Antasma

Antasma Active Member

Rocket League bores me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.