Defending against Snake Shaman Exocore 101

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demonflamex, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
?

Is this helpful?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demonflamex

Demonflamex Active Member

A lot of people still dont understand the hit boxes of this exocore. Its very confusing considering how both skills can flip, twist, and go through platforms above and below you. I understand that its frustrating fighting someone who is using this exocore so I will tell you guys how to properly defend against it and hopefully it will help a few of you guys in the long run.

Skill 1 (The blockable one):
    Info- This skill is challenging to defend against when the skill is already deployed and your opponent is already applying pressure. First off remember that this exocore will lock on to whatever player is in range and when this happens the snake wont go away until at least 10 seconds has passed or when 3 points of contact has been made from any opponent. Usually the closest player that is straight in front of the caster will attract the snake so getting behind them or sliding off to the side might avoid you having to deal with the snake all together.

Defending-Its quite simple to defend against when there is no opponents around you. Mainly all you have to do is out run the snake for at least 10 seconds or block the snake 3 consecutive times for it to disappear. To my understanding when you block the exocore the first time it appears to go behind you or from another direction that you blocked it the first time but do not let this exocore fool you. You must block from the same angle that you defended from the first time the snake attacked you. Meaning if you blocked the snake from the left you have to block the last two attacks from the snake from the left or they will hit you. It might seem bizarre at first because this defies the logic of defending where the attack is coming from in the first place but we have to adjust to these rules.

Skill 2 (The unblockable one):

Info- This skill is very fast, and has literally no warning. But it has a very linear range and can easily be avoided if you take a couple of steps to the left or to the right. The good thing about this skill for defenders is that you can cancel the start of animation indefinitely by jump kicking them and even avoid them all together and get behind them while they deploy the skill in the air.

Defending-To mainly defend against this skill you mainly need to do 2 things which is moving out the way or jumping. If you find yourself not able to move out the way because your fighting someone else or you are recovering from getting knocked down, etc. then the best possible way to avoid this skill all together is to double jump over it. You still have a 50% chance of getting caught considering that the hitbox reaches a little above your characters head level and if you dont jump fast enough or jump high enough you can get caught.

Another way is sliding out the way to the left or right out of harms way. You dont have to worry about the skill following you because it only goes in a straight path.If you are close enough to your enemy when they activate the skill I advise that you find a way to get behind them without interrupting their skill and give them a heavy counter attack when the finally drop down from the air. (But if your team members are in danger I wouldnt recommend this method.)

Please understand that there are other variables to consider when defending against this exocore. I wrote this simply to help out the users who are struggling to fight this exocore on a day to day basis. Instead of kicking people or leaving the room because someone is using this type of exocore you should educate yourself and deal with the exocore. It will only make you better at the game.

Shina and Yusuke like this.
  2. Incero

Incero Well-Known Member

little snake = press z
    big snake = don't press z
    done

3. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

[​IMG]

LightskinPapi and Shina like this.
  4. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

TL: dr
    1. Suicide
    2. Allah Akbar
    3. Punch Grab MLG
    4. RAM RAM dam
    5. Berserker/Tact/The blue sword that does that commander thing

Stimulus likes this.
  5. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

accurate 10/10

6. Stimulus

Stimulus Well-Known Member

support

Shina likes this.
  7. Marshal

Marshal Member

This made GWing a bust but thanks.

8. Demonflamex

How?

9. BRUUUUUUH

BRUUUUUUH Active Member

Didnt read. If it takes 2-4 paragraphs to defend one exo, nerf.
    update, read a little grammar was poor.

10. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

TL;DR version:

11. Demonflamex

My grammar is not poor.
    Compared to how most people speak on this forum I am the last person this comment should be geared towards.

12. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

She s0 dam tru l0l0l0

13. Ketranis

Ketranis Member

This is hardly the issue lol. The general problem is that this exocore is a nightmare to deal with when paired with other exocores. And I know a lot of exocores have great synergy, but this exocore is such a nuisance that it practically works with almost anything because it requires a huge amount of focus to deal with properly.

Some exocores are geared specifically towards team aspects, as in working better along with other specific exocores/just generally functioning better with a second player. This exocore is ridiculous, but it won't get nerfed anyway so doesn't matter. There are plenty of ridiculous exocores anyway, like Thunder Blades for instance.

14. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

basically this exo is like karak when it comes to team modes. annoying as hell

15. Ketranis

Ketranis Member

Well, not entirely. Snake is persistent enough to still be practical for 1on1 situations where you're turtling/baiting your opponent. I really don't know from personal experience (never see it on EU) if Karak is actually good (decent doesn't cut it to compare it to Snake) in a 1on1 to be compared. I understand the general comparison and agree, but Snake seems worse to me.

16. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

Yah karak, honestly isn't even a threat on a 1v1 situation, it's only when the hands come and grab you from across the map is usually when it gets annoying

17. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Lmao? Your tip is shitty to me. I kill snake user fast than let him toying with da snake.

Stimulus and ChromeBro like this.
  18. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

Simple solution: kill before he exo's

HumoLoco likes this.
  19. Demonflamex

This post was meant for people who dont know how to defend against it at all.
    Im just tired of people getting taken advantage of.

20. Ketranis

Ketranis Member

Thing is, with the proper support to this exo, there isn't really much you can do. It's more to choose if you wanna impale yourself through the front or the back at that point.

I wasn't saying it in regards to your original statement per se, more just to imply that the exocore is ridiculous whether or not you know what to do. I could say I feel oblieged to give you a proper response as opposed to GC.

So I'd recommend you make videos regarding these with as much detail carried over from your writings to your videos, a lot of people that play this game have the mentality to just disregard something when they read it but when they see it on a video they're all over it. Apart from that I feel that most people that wanna know how how to counter it will already have studied it if they actually care.

With that said, I wish this game actually had detailed descriptions about properties in terms of mechanics and the way the programming affects the mechanics in general, like proper patch notes and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.