About NineDragons 1.5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GubRee, Jul 24, 2017.

1. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

It's stated that this new upgraded version is gonna come sooner or later and it seems really cool tbh. I've been wandering about what changes and new features could come with the new version, and I realized that this game has such a lot of potential.

So I decided to make this post, in order to show some of the things I've thought, because I want to see if anyone thinks like me or I'd like better to know other's opinions, like what you think would be cool to have, like new content/mechanics?

First some minor things, but that hurts like when the bread falls on the butter's side :p
    - I think there are a lot of skills, items, drops, collections etc that became pointless ingame, just remove all xD erase them! (or make them usefull >_>)

- Shaolin Warrior stances, Wrapping pole and Breaking pole, have always been inverted, fix that!
    (would be cool that the two stances would have different functions for every warrior, like one more offensive and the other defensive, dunno :p)

- Why all clans have HD animation for traps?? Would be cool that each clan gets his own;

Now on to the business.

Early game/Story
    This game had many cool improvement with new stuff, but Bamboo Village... NO. I think it should be totally removed and re-done the old system. Like now just kills the story in my opinion. I made a new char (out of event), warrior, and was like: just after B. V. you are already in the clan, just 5 mins. of grind and I was rc 1, with basic clan active cheng 2, lot of active skills and smashing with low dmg, you just learn the last ones. Medi and steps, I don't even learn from npc, just basic clan --> advanced ones. And Bamboo Lightfoot....at lvl 0 you get advanced LF, then you go to clan base, do the quest (using LF lol) and you get the clan LF wich is 100 times worse lolz.
    Conclusion: early game should be slower, so you get gradually into the game and into the story, and skills (active and smashing, not buffs) have to be easier to train at least to cheng5, then get harder as you like.
    PS ah forgot, the rtd, remove that guide system which makes you do nothing... or at least, when you already finish all rtd once, you add that system from 2nd char on.

Clan differences
    Now the only thing that seems to count is weapon dmg, which make the real difference (and btw i really liked how they balanced it now with critical rate).
    I think every clan should have unique bonus, respecting the concept/story of the clan, that would actually influence the gameplay.... for real :p. Like BoT have to be physical beasts, but maybe sux with CK :p, WT well rounded, LoB sux dmg but HP/Constitution bonus (like they already have....200 hp buff...).
    Would be enough to just adjust the clan protection, with better values, add to cheng 12, and adjust some mastery; the goal is to have uniqueness both on concept and gameplay.
    I have many ideas on how make that, maybe I'll post later on, first want to see opinions about that ;p

Vaga path/2nd role/Advanced Clans

----So, first, I think a "Vaga Path" is needed. Nothing special, just smth like this: you get to learn 2/3 skill, unique to vaga, through donig some quest in game. For example, when you face evil monks in early maps, you could have the chance to learn those shao skill, but not full rotation, like mobs :p, or learn some skill from beast clan when you do dungeon O.O

----When you do the last rtd, you would have the chance to either get 2nd role (that is better to say advanced role, because the role is still one :p) ooooooooor continue the investigations about Black Dragon clan... and get the chance to join Advanced Clans :D
    The Advanced Clan (Iron FIst - White side, Black Dragon - Black side, Noble Family - Both side) won't have all roles, but:
    Iron Fist - Hyb/Healer (or only Hyb or only Healer)
    Black Dragon - Warrior
    Noble Families - Nuker
    That would fit with their weapons too and makes sense to me (shud adjust smth to balance). Now they won't be super strong, but will be as strong as "top tier" role. For example. let's say BoT have the best warriors, Black Dragon should be as strong as BoT.
    When you join adv clans, you can mantain your old skill.

So all this because: - you still have a reason to stay in your clan, otherwise all would go to adv ones;
    - won't be that hard to make new clans because not to much skills and animations to make :p (maybe could utilize some animations from humanoid mobs dunno :p);
    - give a reason to be vaga... because if not, why should one be vaga and wait to join adv clans?
    And at least, if it's too unfair the role division among adv clans, one could join the opposite factions adv clan, but will be a traitor, and will lose all previous skill.

Just 2 more things, because the post doesn't seem to be long enough :p, what you think if there would be a job system (maybe related to role, warrior-->blacksmith, healer-->herbalist)?
    And what about a real 2nd role, like every role get 2 specializations?

Ok, so that's it :D, what you think about that?? Hope to get some interesting answer.

Stereotyped likes this.
  2. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

I don't know whether it's unfair or not but I'll just state the two things I want RF to consider.

1) Refined damage

The variety of weapons damage is actually pretty cool and I have no issues with it at all, but however, the refined damage seems quite unfair (to me at least). I know pretty well refined damage depends on base damage, the higher the base damage, the higher the refined damage. However, when the refined goes higher, the gap between the refined damage is way too much and that makes other clans seem weak, other than BOT and SHAOLIN. If RF can somehow consider lessening this gap, it'll be awesome. BOT with that unbeatable active skills and the weapon refined damage, they're invincible.

I'm not crying over this matter, and if RF doesn't do anything about it, I have no issue at all.

2) Active skills

Yes, active skills for BOT also seems a bit too much. I don't need to explain why as most of you guys know already lol

AGAIN, I AM NOT crying over this thing. Just sharing :p

GubRee and Stereotyped like this.
  3. Czezry

Czezry Active Member

Sorry to be "that guy" but RF will do NOTHING what you mentioned.
    Its good that you let your imagination loose i really like those ideas and i see you love the game aswell and you want it to progress...BUT!!
    RF is just a publisher.They wont do anything with the contents, even if they could (they have no rights to change/create content) they dont have the staff to do so.Forum is rarely taken care of (seeing art media section...)Hardly any gms online, whats working good is just the support system...
    I would L-O-V-E to see better communication between korean sector of this game and the rest of the world (namely our awesome US server) that would most definately put an end to the decline of non korean 9d players, potentially making it even larger than korean playerbase.

Oops i let myself go with my imagination aswell :) keep dreaming mate, stay awesome!

PlayeR, balb1n0, OldFella and 3 others like this.
  4. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

@Czezry :) eheh i was expecting an answer like that. Anyway I know what you say and I agree with you about RF not caring etc. This post was just for the sake of the discussion, because I personally see this game like a little waste, has great story and concepts but doesn't get its full potential, and I'd like to see how other players look at these matters like game mechanichs, concepts, story etc.
    Anyway, besides they're gonna do nothing, I think what really this game needs is a good planning, and could be improved with really low efforts. Already lot of stuffs ingame, if not too many.

@Zaitrey I think that if there are differences, they have to be noticeable and consistent, if not its no use to have them in first place. For me would be more interesting to have that dmg gap, even more :p, but then balance that with different bonus of the same value for the other clans (like giving strong melee aoe, or giving a sh*tload fo hp lolz, or adding status effects). Otherwise just make all weapons with same dmg.

@Stereotyped actually there will be a new engine, but would concern only the graphics on what it's said. I would not rule out the possibility of getting new features anyway, since they're "putting the hands on the code" :)

Stereotyped likes this.
  5. archforge

archforge Member

From a lore stand point (before the reworking for tibet anyway) Nobles would be more aligned with the white clans since the imperial army protects the emperor and the nobles would be all buddy buddy with the emperor. Black Dragons would be more aligned with the black clans just because of their standings against everyone. Iron fists are a bunch of people who were kicked out or left their clans and just wandered around until they formed a clan with Jin the iron fist. But again with the rework of the lore turning the Black dragons as a main foe in tibet + potala palace I highly doubt that we will ever see them as a playable clan. Tons of info for weapons and other stuff is still left in the text files for the game but I am sure they will be unused.

6. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Trust me, the gap is way too small with low refined or clean. But once you reach +15 and above, it becomes 2k gap difference. In 9dragons, bonus 2k damage is way too high for PvE lol.

7. Czezry

Czezry Active Member

Yea but how much effort do you put into making such a beast weapon?
    I think its agains 9ds martial arts theme, to make it possible for a weapon to one shot a foe, with charakter's low skill(cheng)
    But i love the glow and i think that you should be able to name the best weapons on the server as the pinnacle of craftsmanship :)

8. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

@Zaitrey and what if I tell you a mechanics like this: BoT have super dumped dmg? then give SF crowd control immunity/resistance/evasion, so the hyped BoT will be stuck and not hitting while SF still continue to hit. Now it depends on what field we talk about too, as it seems you refer to boss ksing, but for grind for example a good and strong aoe could be far more convenient than straight dmg. Again, if all clans gotta have the same mechanics, then just make the same dmg for all, it makes much more sense to me.

Anyway, besides differences, i think all revolves too much around weapons (and gear in general), as you get now a bunch of crazy boosts like "increase dmg by *chuck norris*%", "take a drinking straw and just drink enemy HP/Ve", weapon gives powerfull skills too now, and if they get some spare time they come to clean your room and make some coffee too :p

Speaking of leech (now I'm gonna say an heresy, I know :p), i feel that the whole leech concept is wrong, only HD should be able to use that kind of skill, as they got the ability to drain the souls of their enemies (soul syphon skill or smth), and that is really cool. Recovery should come from medicine or form HEALERS >_>, instead all is related and triggered by dmg.

Now the whole point could be: if you get mechanics which fits the concept, that could be really cool and outstanding; if you get machanics just for their own sake, igonring concepts or eventually goin against, them really kills things in my opinion.

@Czezry agree with all but the glow, I would prefer less glows or soon I'll be forced to play with sun glasses :D

@archforge well maybe it's more correct as you say. Anyway must consider too that nobles usually don't care much about ideology as much as their own convenience, so the neutrality is not totally nonsense... this matter is also about points of view, who knows :p.
    About the possibility of adv clans.... well, there is a solution for everything, it's just if they want they can.

9. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

@archforge ok... listen to this... XDD

Since all 3 adv clans have some reasons to be considered evil or at least careless to be loyal or not to the emperor, because:
    Black Dragon --> they are already foes and seems to be against everyone;
    Iron Fist --> they were evil, but they joined shao at last time in war of 9D, among surprise of all, so they're kinda carless;
    Noble Families --> they're with the emperor on the paper, but they would be with anyone who wins the war, follow the money ;p;

then they could make a 3rd faction of their own! And everyone from every clan could join them, by betraying or leaving their original clans.

--- adv clan would be still "role locked" as i said in first post;

--- each adv clan would have just 3/4 skill (good one ofc), and who join can mantain all his previous clan skill, BUT -->

--- if a member of adv clan (as a traitor) gets killed by a Master of his previous clan, he gets all previous skill sealed :D

What you think about this interpretation? :p

It may be crazy this Whole thing for somone.... just don't mind at it... but I'd like to share this kind of things in this thread.

10. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Many mobs have much higher defense here than compared to GC. You cannot hit damage cap as easily with physical damage on a lot of mobs like Plate bosses and Temple mobs. The refinement damage bonus makes a large difference, especially on mobs with no YYBS attributes since they have lower defense comparatively. I guess if you rolled +crit damage on every relic you would be able to KS mostly anyone similarly geared, until they decide to smack you with +crit rate relics.

Maxing strength compared to minimum strength won't do much when you compare weapon refinement damage bonuses.

+11 HG12 Spear = +6531 damage
    +11 HG12 Bracers = +6165 damage
    +11 HG12 Sword = +5790 damage
    +11 HG12 Gloves = +5611 damage

+15 HG12 Spear = +11410 damage
    +15 HG12 Bracers = +10744 damage
    +15 HG12 Sword = +10215 damage
    +15 HG12 Gloves = +9901 damage

+20 HG12 Spear = +24408 damage
    +20 HG12 Bracers = +23042 damage
    +20 HG12 Sword = +21643 damage
    +20 HG12 Gloves = +20976 damage

11. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Thanks guys for letting me know all of your opinions as well. I must admit that all of them seem reasonable. I'm not going to say anymore about this thread as I may not seem like it, but I'm still quite "new" to this game myself. Good to know some useful information from everyone :)

Again, thanks!

12. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

In answer on what said by @KProphetK
    If I got what your point is, you are saying that for a good player doesn't really matter the weapon, because with enough skill you can still be top. So goin on I would deduce that a really good skilled player could KS with LoB warrior too. If that's the case and I'm not misunderstanding your point, I feel that we are not talking about fairness, where all have same chances to achieve results; it's more like having easy/medium/hard mode of the game, so that if you pick Shao/BoT warrior your doing easy mode, else if you pick LoB warrior you are in super hard :D........ Well this still make sense too.

At this point an interesting question would be: Do players prefer to have same chances, or different levels of gameplay??

Now, what follow is just my crazy 2 cents about some stuff, if you aren't on that line just ignore it
    I personally would prefer to have differences, if theiy're balanced with different gameplay good, if not it's always better than having all clones, mostly because it's against the full concept of the game: what's the point of having 6 clans, with different stories, styles, philosophies, if at the end it's only fashion, and no concrete differences?
    Furthermore, I will insinst on this point, I really think that this game has really some genius planning at its back, it's not just used on its full potential. With this system of 4 roles per 6 clans, we have 24 potential different roles to be playing with, just by changing minor things and leaving all skills and mechanics as they are. Please take the concept and not the number, because I'm not pro with that :p
    EXAMPLE: if we change the melee dmg stat for one clan, we are not affecting all roles, but just those who utilize it, right?
    So if we pick instead other stats, HP and Dmg, and you increas HP and lower Dmg, we are creating different effects to the different roles of the same clan, and in the end we are really imrpoving only one class, the Healer, because: other roles will get a bonus and a nerf, while the healer has a major bonus, cuz HP is penalty stat, and healer can rely on TRAPS for dmg.

AND THE BEST PART IS that you can get already good results by changing just ONE thing! basic protection: let's say you change the numbers from 200 to dunno, 5k? 10k? There are many things which can be used for that aim: Clan protection, Medi, Steps, Clan Clothes, Masteries and whatever. (mostly lot of the things which are useless atm)
    OK this WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE, just consider the concept. So I'd like to know what you think of this: is it wrong? is it crazy? why? what's your point of view? pls share :D

Thanks all for your contribution to this thread :D Have a good time ;)

13. Michiyo

Michiyo Well-Known Member

Thats why they added crit rate into weapons. Fair trade-off.

GubRee likes this.
  14. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

I didn't discuss if it's really fair or not because I'm not pro, though the crit thing was already mentioned in my very first post ;)
    The trade would be (at +15) of 1.2k/1.5k dmg VS 1k crit rate.

Thx for contribution!

15. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

Ahh yes the advance clan but that's nothing but a tall tale my young one.

16. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

It may be as you say, but it's a real pity that this game is full of (stupidly) wasted content.

This is how I feel about many of the contents in game :D --->