virus ..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndreyAndreev, Jan 8, 2018.

1. AndreyAndreev

AndreyAndreev New Member

https://imgur.com/a/qxmdT
    so I am new in 12sky2 from steam but it says that the game have Trojan and that is not good u can check the picture

2. BerserkerMVI

BerserkerMVI Member

That is probably from the GameGuard. Some Anti-Virus think it's a virus. I recommend you not use Norton and try Avast for Virus protection and MalwareBytes for malware.

3. AndreyAndreev

AndreyAndreev New Member

same story I did it this time I log in for 1 min my game crashed and gives me notification for Trojan again. Just saying its not option to change my antivirus or to turn it off. I think as a game in steam I am supposed to play properly not to turn off my antivirus or something else this is hilarious

4. BerserkerMVI

BerserkerMVI Member

This is how MMORPG's operate. It is not a matter of steam or anything else. This is a internet server based game and needs to be protected from hackers. I'm sorry your anti-virus doesn't like it, but if you are worried about your security you should stick to 1-player games and keep your internet off most of the day. Not trying to be mean, but that's how the world works. But you are right, DON'T turn off your anti-virus. Connecting to an online game will expose you to hackers/viruses, so you kind of need it. Good luck. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

5. AndreyAndreev

AndreyAndreev New Member

this is the first game that someone tells me to turn off my anti-virus to play lol.. I use to play a lot MMORPG's like WoW,Blade and Soul, Aion etc..I know exactly how they operate.But to risk my own information or something else just to log in and play something is stupid think about it there must be another way. I think I am not the only one with problem I seen so many people don't play this steam 12sky2 because of tons of bugs and the main one is crashing.
    ps: still waiting for solution

6. BerserkerMVI

BerserkerMVI Member

Yeah this game is old with little improvement... I don't think this server is going to last too long honestly. But if you really wanna play there has to be some work around. That's all i can think of.

7. MinhChu

MinhChu Active Member

Buy a cheap laptop and play on it with fresh window :rolleyes:, also, window update must be turn off., else you will get init ERROR :oops:

8. Chessnotcheckers

Chessnotcheckers Member

You don't have to turn it off. Just add an exception in AV and it should run fine. I ran into this a week or two ago.

9. [CM]BlackOrigin

[CM]BlackOrigin RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi!
    I'm not sure if you're the same person that sent in a support ticket, but in order to work around this, reinstall the game and add the whole RedFox Games folder to your allow list before running your launcher.

Cheers!