XKernel error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainValve, Mar 28, 2021.

1. CaptainValve

CaptainValve New Member

So I updated the game yesterday and now it won't load. I get the XKernel Error: Data in 9Dragons has changed or has failed to update sucessfully. Please install again.

My firewall and antivirus is turned off. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times through both Steam and through the download on the website, same thing happens. Windows is fully uptodate and all drivers are current.

2. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Try a system restore, that fixed my the other day, not sure it will help you, but worth a try.
    We shouldnt have to go to such means to fix a game, but this is 9Bugs after all!

3. CaptainValve

CaptainValve New Member

Thanks, I just tried that and it made no difference. Still get the same error.

4. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

The error usually occurs when you have a corrupted file during the download process or files in the 9Dragons folder has changed. The only way to resolve the issue is to completely uninstall all 9Dragons clients on your PC (whether is RF or other servers) and reinstall. Make sure you haven't edit any of your host files previously.

5. CaptainValve

CaptainValve New Member

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

6. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Was your game folder installed in Program Files? If so, try installing in Documents instead.