Thoughts on the anniversary event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonyma, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Anonyma

Anonyma Member

I saw Ahri post on discord about getting thoughts on the upcoming anniversary event but i was late to the party so i thought id share some thoughts here.

People like farming and spending money but the reward to cost/time ratio has to be reasonable. For example, this event and other events had things like mcg's or sbe's as a reward but the time it takes to farm the mats in order to create them isnt reasonable or worth the time ,for example it takes 10 of the event boxes to make 1 mcg in this event, so its just not worth the time it takes to farm the material to exchange for it. You could make the mcgs or sbe's untradable to offset it as a way to actually farm at a decent rate if you dont want to give us tradeable ones since you care so much about hackers and botters. I just ask you look at the item and compare it to how long it would take to farm it. There have been past events that have done this well, farmable mcgs and untradeable sbe's.

People like to spend money but are often scared of the gamble because of the low rates in the past. with a reasonable rate or more transparency, for example if it were 6k cc to get 30 boxes and 1 ticket in this event, people would be more happy to spend money, even if they dont get the item they want from the boxes, theyre still guaranteed 1 ticket so they wont feel completely scammed and upset since majority of items in these boxes are often filler (such as KG/shrooms and elixer/enchantment boxes). 60 USD for 1 item you would want 3 to 4 of is still a lot of money when you think about it. but $500+ and not getting a ticket is ridiculous, especially when the rates are completely not transparent.

Also as a side note, saying "iTs RnG, tHaTs HoW iT wOrKs" to someone/people/community who just spent hundreds of real life dollars to not even get one of the 4 items they need, will make them more annoyed and will likely just cause hostility, seeing as people would expect to get any item they would want and/or several of them with several hundred dollars. Sometimes its best to be sympathetic and reflect upon the rates.

So in conclusion, the best events are ones with a balance of p2w and f2p. farming is good but pay attention to the farm:item ratio this time, to make it worth peoples time to farm them. IM is good but in my opinion its best to have either decent enough rates in the boxes that people dont feel like theyve been scammed or have some form of transparent side to it, i.e x' amount of loot boxes with a guarentee of this item or straight up sell the items/decos.You will likely have more people spending and playing and less people angry.

2. TommyXX777

TommyXX777 New Member

I concur with the above.