Them Loot Boxes...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gearman, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

It only protects the kids from the gambling content, but they are still open to adults

so if there really is going to be a law for it, it won't be surprising that more MMOs with free-to-play models start catering more towards the adult audience

cuz lots of free-to-play models really do make a bulk of the money from the RNG crate box content alone

Keanu and tamirtov like this.
  3. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

If it stops Ea and activision’s ******** then lol bye rf

SoarRF likes this.
  4. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

Thats why it depends on how they make it as forcing an M or AO rating on the games wouldn't do much outside of console games, and the M rating would just mean minors can't buy it from retail stores but AO games are usually pulled from the shelf. If it mandates transition commanies like the ones that deals with gift cards would cut off a lot of companies expansion transaction methods, while rising the rating too would have a bigger impact on the games.

Shana and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  5. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

I think games need to make game gambling more forgiving, because there's always so much more to lose trying to gamble for items that have to be pulled out from crates, instead of other means.

would be a lot better if the crappy drops from loot boxes actually contribute to the good drops people dropping big money for, or a tier system where a certain amount of attempts guarantee a good item of their choice

6. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

you mean safety nets? There's already games that have this function implemented but so far most of them are mobile games. The only one I can think of from the top of my head is brave frontier, where a certain number of summons guarantees you a featured unit out of a batch in the gate you're trying to summon in.

It would be nice if more games had safety nets like that, but I don't really see rf implementing safety nets for boxes.

Shana, tamirtov and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  7. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

Every failed 5 draw on FE Heroes raises your chances of getting a 5* by .25% on both banner and off banners, but only on s specific banner

8. Juhlel

Juhlel Well-Known Member

all of this can be avoided by just deleting all unnecessary filler items from boxes and only include the desired ****
    but everyone just wants money smh

Shana and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

the government is going to own all business such as game industry, lowes, taxes, any ****.

12characters likes this.
  10. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

that's the thing, nimonix already had the right idea with the new bf marine boxes.

But they decided to shoot themselves in the foot by making us grind a shitty bm in order to be able to convert whatever timed scrolls we get into perms

11. Juhlel

Juhlel Well-Known Member

well tbh i like that
    it serves as another reminder to play the game imo
    i'd rather grind my ass off for items than go bankrupt from spending endless money on chests
    nimonix does well when it comes to rewarding in game grind, but all in all they just want money