The solution is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iamjdag, Jan 10, 2017.

1. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

We already covered the solution. I remember fluttershypony in particular but if I miss anyone else I apologize.

We all know and agree that the first few months of a server are what make it fun.

PROS:
    Fresh start for fairness
    New friends
    Opportunity to change races without being behind
    All items are more likely to have been made by people still playing
    Playing and using all the range of maps

CONS:
    Eventual merging with a longer standing server mitigates any advantages you worked to earn

THE SOLUTION:
    What we discussed previously about other game types having "seasons" for their games. We could have a server that never merges and never lasts longer than 4 months. This would allow there to be 3 seasons per year. Every 4th month would take all existing characters and wipe everything except character names and their levels to 1. No items or anything would remain. All cc purchased in previous season is refunded at 1/4th for the new season.

Some other ideas too. Rewards etc.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

I think they should just make a constant event server, one that transfers you over at lvl 50 or 55. this way anyone who feels they get ganked they can go level there and anyone who thinks "want oldschool they get to stay lvl 50/55 forever.

Vermouth and mxpx123 like this.
  3. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

Yeah that's pretty much what this would be for. Continually renewing and running

And doesn't have to be 4 months. It's just a rough idea for a server that's always rerunning for new people or constant competition

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. mxpx123

mxpx123 New Member

It's brilliant.. Let's hope redfox takes time to think of this and act on it..

5. 4driano

4driano Active Member

2 seasons per year(3 or 4 months) is enough.
    @iamjdag nice thread
    We are screaming good ideas and suggestions but redfox's staff are USELESS, they don't give a damn about their players, they don't talk with us, they don't interact, nobody knows their point of view.

6. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

Thanks for the support but I'm going to have to disagree. People are shouting incomplete and inconsiderate threads without much aside from a thread title, then adding unnecessary profanity among other things that really aren't called for.

My point from all of this is that people flood the forums and push quality threads off. Vezax making two rambling threads instead of a clear and concise one is a perfect example of this.

I pointed out earlier that we are the reason that redfox can't necessarily gather information or feedback from us when there is so much trash hurled into the threads and posts.

7. AjtaK

AjtaK Member

The problem is that not many people visit forum and people who plays on other servers/games dont visit it at all so gather information only here by few people is useless. To gather better information Redfox has to intervene and post it on facebook and make official thread about it here.

Im up for permanent server with 55 cap and possibility to transfer time to time to Titan for those who want to play on full cap server.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

I do think redfox pay attention here but the problem is

1. lack of gm's for a lot of games.
    2. i feel redfox don't understand what they can and cannot do in the game without CCR, heck most of us don't.
    3. i had one but forgot.

The problem with seasons is that you still have to level up and what do the meh classes get, why would i go a HC when i will not have the max cp ETC.

I also remember that the pvp events were a waste of time on GC and playrf with only a few people registering for the events. Sure server wide is different but still :p

An event transfer server would be ok as it solves some problems while having little work to it.

9. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

If you don't force a reset at some point in time you're going to have the same problems of level 55's with int+6 55 weapons farming lowbies, or maybe even rare d weapons eventually depending on events launched.

The continual cycle that happens and is a problem is that people feel like they have nowhere to level up or have renewing competition. Having "seasons" or something of that style would alleviate that and make an isolated realm where people could continue to get the "good old days" over and over or have their character transferred out permanently to titan where the game begins at 55 anyways

10. BuyGoldSaveChina

BuyGoldSaveChina New Member

Holy **** jdag you're still playing, nice to a familar name ;) I found some old screenshots from 2009 and i believe you're in there somewhere http://imgur.com/a/I8emC

JoshDJX likes this.
  11. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

haha ironically that's not me :p but the name Jag and lots of those other names sound familiar too. i stopped playing like right when CCR launched their version of hosting RF themselves. before that i played codemasters on novus and solus then some private servers here and there for fun.

nice screenshots though! i wish i hadn't lost all the videos and screenshots from my xfire :( didn't know it shut down til years after

12. TwistedMojito

TwistedMojito Member

I dont know... Giving a hardcore grinding game a 4 month season then wipe it all... That is nothing that would intrest me.
    The game isnt even fun until 50+ ( well pvp wise) Its quite enjoyable 1-49 to with the solo questing and adventures.
    But a wipeing it like Diablo with season... this is a hardcore grinding game... i would not play there

13. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

I agree but ironically every other thread is a shitfest whining about the long grind because they can't catch up and kill people jading 70 within 2 months.

In valk we had 60+ almost before summer update happened so time can be adjusted for 2 seasons a year or whatever time people want. But the point is that everyone wants the fresh start competition. This would give you that and the opportunity to export chars to titan or whatever later rather than eat wipe every time.

14. PupTwilight

PupTwilight New Member

Even tho it simple to add a new server it does cost money...........