Suggest/Discuss game rules here!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Lupinsan, Mar 22, 2016.

1. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

I will voice my disagreement with the PT in safe zone rule as well. The fact is you are getting 0.03% or less a cast per level 6 speed at high levels of PT gain, which would mean over 3000 casts to get GM. If you were just casting it on yourself, we are talking about 600 hours straight of casting it on yourself before you get it to level 7, and that doesn't even account for getting it to level 6. Sure you'll wind up casting it on other people throughout, but that's not really reliable.

You simply cannot get to GM speed, an absolute requirement to keep up with the natural speed increase ACC get and their unbuffed speed increases from elementals, without taking advantage of the mechanics we have right now such as safe zone debuffing. If you were to dramatically increase force skill PT (not something I would think is possible), then I am all for this rule. Without doing that though and keeping this rule would be a mistake.

b00kw0rm, monkeyfarts and Vasco like this.
  2. Goryo

Goryo Member

I am curious what kind of tickets you got about PT in safe zones? there is not bug exploited or hacks involved in this.

edit: and I think it is clear from my post that I am also disagreeing with this. what is next? abusing wanted status for buff/debuff leveling?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. Seishin

Seishin Member

"Chaos potion use for Guild/Race drama is acceptable..." YAAAY HAHAHAH :p

4. EricHM

EricHM Member

Thanks for the PB rule. I believe they meant that if someone is already killing the PB you aren't allowed to send a bunch of tanks to pull and reset the PB and prevent it from being killed. However, what about PBs on neutral zones, in which you might have enemy races fighting for it? You believe the design is to not allow this kind of tactic and if you want to prevent an enemy race from doing a PB wiping them is the only valid tactic?

Chaos pots have always been a ridiculous way to solve issues imo. You're the same race and the game has strong politics, you should just go on some VOIP software and talk it out. If you think you are entitled to come late and wipe your own race to steal a spot/PB just because you are much stronger than them, you are going to make your race as a whole fail with that bully mentality.

About the PT rule, the BR official server used to have a rule that punished any kind of PT leveling on the same race outside of real pvp, yet people still managed to go into some remote corners of the settlements to do that. That is fine imo. If people want to prevent that they will be able to do so. In safe zones there's nothing you can do to prevent enemy progress on their skills.

I think you guys should add a rule against spawn killing. In Kartella Labs if you get killed you respawn at the entrance, and there is no safe zone to prevent you from just being killed over and over again unless you log out.

b00kw0rm and Dan like this.
  5. Dan

Dan Active Member

Try to argue with BRs that don't understand English. All they understand is a spear to the face.

6. Unknown

Unknown Member

Getting PT maxed out takes like 2 days (melee/range/force buffs), implementing the rule now just makes it slower for those who didn't start on server launch. Basically it's more fair to allow it to all instead of letting those who got the advantage early on get away with it.

Then again, I'd like to point out this can be extremely bend because you don't need to have another race debuffing you; it doesn't matter if you put people out of the safezone. They'll simply ask the raceleader for wanted status and have another character of the same race debuff them. It's the same result.

More over making people wanted (purple name, same race can attack them) shouldn't be given without any good reasoning. Just because the Raceleader dislikes a guild/player doesn't mean they should all be made wanted.

Corssa likes this.
  7. BCUMS

BCUMS Active Member

Always boggles my mind that people "force log" lolol

"Oh no! my precious contribution!!!11one1!"

monkeyfarts likes this.
  8. HardAzz

HardAzz Active Member

I think the whole idea of making a rule around abuse of chaos pots is ridiculous and will be impossible to enforce fairly.

• If someone insults me can I kill them?
    • If someone kills me can I kill them?
    • If someone causes me to loose exp can I kill them?
    • If someone debuffs me can I kill them?
    • If someone does one or all of the above to me can I kill them on all their characters, or only on the character they were using at the time?
    • How many times can I kill someone for doing one of the above?
    As long as you have chaos pots and wanted status you need to let players work out problems themselves. If you don't want to be killed by your own race don't make yourself part of the problem. Don't turn this game into “ScreenShot Online” where we have to document every time someone hurts our feelings to justify using chaos pots.

Vasco likes this.
  9. IshidaBeicinho

IshidaBeicinho New Member

remember that slavery also existed "forever" and it was completely legal

10. EricHM

EricHM Member

That's when good guild management comes. Even if all the members don't speak English, there needs to be someone that can understand English in the guild that can speak for it so conflicts can be solved. Part of the reason the BR stigma exists is because of that.

11. leon309

leon309 Member

About rule n°3
    >>> People wanted = They need use chaos = considered as bad boy with risks of bannable
    >>> People no wanted = They can PK wanted people in peace

Simple! HAHAHAHAH

12. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

don't agree with the PB rule. If someone keeps resetting your PB simply use chaos pot and kill them. And if you can't kill them, maybe you should get stronger before doing the PB?

13. leon309

leon309 Member

"PB simply use chaos pot and kill them"
    Problem is now rule n°3 Shadari = he can cry to GM by send a SS DQA against you XD

14. Papilon

Papilon New Member

@PK Rules

GM can not take the power of the RL of the race that the sought another player because RL had used Wanted to punish bad players race.

Therefore, the player who is the "WANTED" should rather die with no punishment for the attacking player, because he is being punished by race.
    And the player who this "WANTED" should rather be punished by GM to continue to attack the own race, because this paying the penalty for disturbing own race.

15. [GM]Lupinsan

[GM]Lupinsan RedFox Games Staff Member

These rules are not set in stone yet, but we will be tentatively implementing them to see how things go. Each one of these "rules" are a response to support tickets sent in about various issues. If you disagree, this is an open place to discuss these aspects of RF Online. Our main goal here is aimed towards fairness towards all players without changing the core of what makes RF Online what it is.

buddy likes this.
  16. yanmark

yanmark New Member

GM WANTED and CHAOS ABUSER killing PPL esp. . .LOWBIES, remember you have MANY MANY "NEW" PPL and they have CC ACCTS.too, if you ALL letting this KILLING on the same RACE this F****** DRAMA esp. .do you think this GAME GROW MORE?? only HIGH LEVELS PPLs will STAY. and maybe Someday this GAME DOWN like others,that's in my OPINION. GM pls pls give us a chance to play your game not only for me for us.

17. Papilon

Papilon New Member

If the player is "WANTED", should not be punishment for those who kill him.
    This player may have killed a low lvl player, have help other race to kill your own kind, may have helped PB of another race benefiting the enemy race, today other races use SPEC ACC for PK own race, why not know how to play with his or CORA BELL race.
    If the player is of "WANTED" he should die without problems, and without bringing penalties to who killed him.

18. shinobido

shinobido Active Member

i suggest rules about location to set traps
    many players are setting traps on ether exit for exemple, when you leave safe zone = boom.
    what you guys think about to just set trap after a good distance of safe zone?

19. leon309

leon309 Member

If we keep going like this, soon we will have this rule:
    "PvP is bannable, player who PvP can be deleved and perma ban"

monkeyfarts likes this.
  20. buddy

buddy Member

PB reseting is a way to delay/disrupt the current dps of the pitboss. GM wants to emphasize that any tanks can totally be a troll to the same race by pulling it off. That's annoyance to the pb hunting people and towerist.

5. PT in Safe Zones with other races: PTing inside a settlement or safe zone with another race is not allowed. Players are permitted to do this outside of safe zones. Offending members will be sent back to their HQ or killed.
    Gm, force log out is much more of a concern than this one, but we can't do anything about that though