Steam Update

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

This actually makes me want to become even more active.

2. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

Subway gift cards are reloadable tho and go up to $500. I doubt RedFox would add steam giftcards.

3. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

Game that is in beta for 9 years is joining a competitive gaming enviroment without proper balance... The odds of making it :|

since it seems like things are getting better I will probably properly exposemost of the game exploits i found before the complete release.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    LordWiFi, Yusuke, SoarRF and 4 others like this.
  4. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

* Is random guy browsing F2P on Steam
    * Sees fighting games
    * See's Rumble Fighter and clicks out of curiosity
    * User Rating: MOSTLY NEGATIVE
    *Most recent comments include: "IS THIS GAME IN ALPHA?", "EVERYTHING DECENT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR", and "WTF IT TAKES 30 MINUTES TO LOAD ONE GAME"
    "Welp, thanks for the heads up guys."

LordWiFi, Rfirezilla, Usahi and 4 others like this.
  5. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

that last one always fucks ppl up

LordWiFi, Rfirezilla and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  6. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

o_O

LordWiFi likes this.
  7. Usahi

Usahi Member

i see everyone being pessimistic on whether or not they'll put in the effort in getting the game on steam, but redfox seems to be way more attentive to this game than given credit
    sure they're totally dry with events, but the updates we've received shown that they're trying to add a coat of polish to RF that the other hosts barely attempted. (for starters, this is the first company to actually pester nimonix enough to apply a patch for first load. didn't even work due to a shitty coding job, but it DEFINITELY shows some change of pace)
    now, will the game itself will be well received by the mainstream? ...probably not at all. it's worth a shot, though. it's the only shot at relevancy this game has at this point lmfao

LordWiFi and tamirtov like this.
  8. TheDL6Incident

@ anothers, you really think a brand new player is gonna spend their time grinding a month or two to get the "another" series? chances are they're gonna take the free carat stuff they get from beginner packages, buy something cheap thinking it will be at least decent, go up against a bloke with Inferno or something and then they will say everything good is RC. In other words I guess I should say that the old cheap carat scrolls need to be buffed a little for the new guys.

9. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

Follow throughs haven't really been a problem with this host. So if RedFox says they're working on RuF and Steam I'll take their word for it. Although the timing is pretty suspicious.

If they actually kept us in the loop with posts like "Hey! We're trying to bring Soccer to NA!" or "We've noticed that Caged Beast is seriously underplayed due to xyz and we're trying to get Nimonix to work on that!" I wouldn't mind giving them some credit. Even if it didn't work out we'd know that they're trying. But without that level of communication you don't know for sure what they've done for RuF. You're just under the assumption. But they have addressed a number of things since launch, admittedly.

A population increase is all fine and dandy. I just can't see it being maintained. I'm not even going to mention why. Obviously no one cares anymore. Esp if the same members who have been bitching and moaning about RF's problems since OGP/GC are the same ones throwing the word "pessimist" around now. I just want to know what the game plan is. Veterans are obviously quitting for a reason. No one wants to be apart of something that doesn't improve or evolve.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  10. 1WingAngel

1WingAngel Active Member

whats steam

11. teamrushdown

teamrushdown Member

i dont see this changing anything except giving the community a small flash in the pan bump in player count

if anything it'll make RF's problems more apparent - currently, RF is in a vacuum and most players don't have a reference point to compare it to. when it joins steam, it'll have to compete with a ton of other games, and i believe it'll fall short, getting a mostly negative score. just look at lost saga
    [​IMG]

regardless, this is a net positive, so cool

12. Shavo

Shavo Well-Known Member

At least they trying to do something positive for the game

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  13. LordWiFi

LordWiFi Well-Known Member

1. People should be positive that Gourdy even decided to post this shiz for yall kids.
    2. Negative attitude, gets you more negative in life, hope yall negative ppl get scammed or something lololololol.
    3. Good to see ppl voice their opinions/viewpoints on this.
    4. HOPEFULLY, if we do transfer or mix with steam server. (WE GET STEAM SERVER) so we stop lagging in this game. #PleaseSteamServer #EveyoneComeBackSinceNoMoreLag

BJJFromGJJ and tamirtov like this.
  14. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

LordWiFi likes this.
  15. TheDL6Incident

Maybe I didn't articulate my statement well enough. Gimme a moment and I'll edit it. And 40k in a week? Eh. Maybe it's just me and how I get tired of playing rf after 20 minutes because no good rooms and I get jack **** from those quest boxes.

16. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

17. Shavo

Shavo Well-Known Member

I hate nhaa

18. MayFire

MayFire Clean Up Crew

I can't help but be completely pessimistic about RF going to Steam. It's not like RedFox is a completely different company than GamesCampus. It's the same management from GC, if GC management couldn't go through with the process why would they all of a sudden do it now. I feel like all the downvotes they got to greenlit Ares was because most of us that did was because they never finished with RF, so it would be broken promises all over again, so RedFox management probably told Gourdy to lie to us that they're bringing RF to steam just to turn those downvotes to upvotes like some already stated they did change their vote.

19. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Bruh. You got me rolling on the floor.

GC and RedFox are totally different. Who tell you that RedFox and GC are the same management?

Who is responsible for Stream? It's nimonix. Blame the dam nimonix, not RedFox. Now you can sdfu. Let GM Gourdy handful it. We will see what happen.

tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  20. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

So Rf is finally getting on steam now
    1469562595998.gif

Controversial, tamirtov and HumoLoco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.