Sooo.... RF doesn't wanna run properly? Help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AzurealZX, Apr 7, 2021.

1. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

Okay so, I open up the game, I login, and it's visibly loading- the sheep's running and all that.
    When it loads the game just evaporates, the process is no longer there at all, it just closes.

Any idea on how to fix this? I had no issues on my previous laptop. Though I had a Windows 7 back then.

I tried running it in compatibility mode for both Win XP and 7. I also run it as administrator each time.
    I also tried running it with the High DPI fix tick on.

The process just closes on it's own the instant the game finishes loading.

I don't run it through Steam, I downloaded it from here.

Edit: So I changed things around in Regedit. It fixed the client not being fullscreen and it's resolution and I also got farther in.
    I actually saw the daily log-in reward, I was in the game for 5 seconds before the game just automatically turned off with no process in Task Manager.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hey there @AzurealZX,

May I see the edits you’ve made on regedit?

3. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

@Starberry
    All I did was change the value of Windowed to from 0 to 1.
    The values for ScreenRes and Resolution were already at 9 by default.
    And then I enabled High DPI Scaling Override and set it to be done by System.

If it's of any use I'll list the values of every reg file of RF I have :
    Resolution - value 9 - Hexadecimal
    SaveID - value 1 - Hexadecimal
    ScreenRes - value 9 - Hexadecimal
    ShowDMG - value 1 - Hexadecimal
    SNDOFF - value 0 - Hexadecimal
    VOICEOFF - value 1 - Hexadecimal
    Volume_BGM - value 46 - Hexadecimal
    Volume_SND - value 64 - Hexadecimal
    Windowed - value 1 - Hexadecimal

Also, I wrote this about 2 minutes after your post but my ISP decided to have issues for the whole neighborhood right as I was writing it and it's only now that the internet connection
    returned aaa.

Edit : So went into the directory folder and enabled the DPI Scaling override for both the RF Launcher and the rumblefighter.exe for all users and when I booted the game up, I actually managed to navigate it no problem until I got in a room and the game started, instead of going into a loading screen I was thrown out of the game like it happened yesterday. The game just crashes quietly. The process just evaporates.

Edit 2 : I fixed it. It works now.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021