Server Merge and New Server coming soon!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Lupinsan, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Active Member

... or Specs dropping towers in the core while one of the enemy races is mining.

CookieLoJ likes this.
  2. nosheet

nosheet New Member

something that just crossed my mind. what about all that steam greenlight fuz? lord gaben changed his mind?

3. johaylo

johaylo New Member

I think the community's desire is that the new server is not eventually join with the old (Cerberus + Titan)
    Cerberus + titan = A
    New server = B
    if need make a other server (C)

A (solo), B+C, but never A+B

4. MasterJurat

MasterJurat New Member

i completely agree to this. especially number 1 and 2 because specs lost their role as crafters since returnee weapons and 40/45 box weapons are introduced.

My suggestion is the REMOVAL OF RUNES because it makes the game imbalanced here are my reasons for it.

-Defense rune makes nuke easier to dodge
    -Defense also promotes a sure avoidance of pvp because of DEFENSE RUNE + LOGOUT technique. It makes big frustration among pvpers.
    -One more thing to avoid PvP is to use Escape Runes. Chip Breaker can just use Escape rune then proceed safely to core with his allied guards.
    -Destruction runes is another thing that makes Accretians imbalanced because almost all of their classes can use this because of being able to use it with launchers while Bells and Corites can only used by estimatatedly 20-30% of their population because staves and guns cannot use this rune.
    -Dodge is easier to counter in this patch due to draco accessories like T3 Violent Amulet and it makes more weaker due to Destruction runes.

Imagine an annoying raider being Focus Fired by lowbies and the raider used escape rune or defense just to get out of the situation which brings more frustration among players.

Dodgers Invest big money in order to make their dodge effective and it is being easily countered by a decent upgraded weapon and a destruction rune.

Dan likes this.
  5. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

THAT. That point has always been bugging me. Though I understand the logic behind it, the destruction rune should be based on a fixed amount of damage (let's say 8k ar point blank range). That'd make it fair to any class, and not too OP. Actually, a good weapon holder will be able to wipe anything in a 5m radius with a destruction rune.

Yeah :<

Archrome likes this.
  6. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that ACC can't rely on AoE force spells like bellato and cora can. ACCs only real chance to kill a dodger is to have the ungodly accuracy gear + pots needed to hit them, or pop a destruct and pray you hug there ass close enough to down em. Keep in mind there are various sides to every balance issue ^^ You can always run, or use a defense rune to escape a destruct rune. They are EASILY avoidable. Unless you play RF online by rolling your face around on your keyboard destruct runes are balanced imo

In regards to chip war... if someone is afk dpsing a chip and not paying attention to the action then they deserve to eat the explosion of pain

Sinner, Dan and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  7. Stalker

Stalker New Member

I agree with this too

8. vrdc27

vrdc27 New Member

I'm a new player with this game.... I just started playing in Cerberus and probably it will merge sooner ...
    My point is , a new server is coming... I didn't experience a new fresh server.... I just wanted to know the advantages and goods to enter a new fresh server.... ?

9. Demented

Yo,

- a fresh economy without inflated prices
    - no level 60+ ganking you as you try to exp
    - a way to get your foot in the door in RF, and enjoy pvp at low level while learning the game

pretty much this ^

Sinner and vrdc27 like this.
  10. vrdc27

vrdc27 New Member

Do you know what is the advantages and goods for the new and fresh server??? I just wanted to know if you mind that... I started playing a weeks ago in cerberus.. but merging to titan is not a good idea for me as a lowbie ....

11. Demented

I wouldn't recommend anyone playing on titan unless they already have a high level char. This is because titan is where all the older chars and gear have gone merge after merge. It's polluted with tons of chars that leveled from cheats/glitches, and duplicated gear. If you are a fresh player without a lot of money invested in your char I would HIGHLY suggest waiting for the fresh server that's opening next month. You would enjoy it a lot more guaranteed. They haven't given out any specific info about events, etc for the fresh server yet so I cant help ya there. Hope this helps

Sinner, reDOctober and vrdc27 like this.
  12. Narsey

Narsey New Member

You speaks like a new player, but i know you know RF more than many people here. So please, avoid comments like this!

"Keep in mind that ACC can't rely on AoE force spells"
    - Knowing that the population of Strikers is always majority in Accretia, this simple issue can be solved by improving the normal hit of Strikers through his special ammunition, improving the Accuracy and AOE circle. Also Accretia has a ignored class, almost called like your nickname (Dementer); this class has a Skill effect (Pray Explosion) as a Destruct Rune. Balancing the Dementer class and his skill, removing Destruct Rune from all races, accretia gonna be the only one race with "permmanent strong destruct rune Skill". Since the biggening of RF (2006), this class was never upgraded. It's a question of competence by the developers.

You speaks about Runes like a desperate player who can't do nothing without Runes. You creates a ridiculous CW scene full of players who need to learn how to be a noob rune user, when they should improve own gameplay through his main skills.

You beeing a influent person, you should give to your followers ideas about how to demand their rights from the companies, do not just accept every **** that they throw on the playes. That's why GamesCampus did what they wanted to the players, RF players are too defeatists.

13. MasterJurat

MasterJurat New Member

Accuracy sources are easy to gain nowadays and with a lesser downside unlike gaining high dodge that you have to sacrifice defense by equipping leon bows or damage like switching to dodge rings/amulets in bellato/cora side
    here are my known sources of accuracy:
    -accuracy potions(not a cash item like avoid potions)
    -warrior/launcher armors(bigger downside to warriors but if you're a launcher it'll be no problem)
    -high level siege kits(still no downside at all)
    -T3 vio accesory(no downside at all since you've exchanged defense to movement speed if you're an accretian)
    -grace gloves(same downside like sacrificing defense to dodge of mercy boots)
    -magnetic arm buff(+50 accuracy given to punishers. please correct me if i'm wrong)
    -fine armors(i think this is the only one that is hard to obtain)
    -pain/pain intense weapons

Here are the sources of dodge:
    -dodge elementals
    -mercy boots
    -evasion buff,agility(for bells only), and blink illusion(for corite ranger only)
    -avoid potions(+20 dodge is the highest given i think)
    -leon bows(actually you don't have decent damage while using this.because leon weapons are hard to upgrade and not advisable to be upgraded on the late game because of lvl 60/65/shiny weapons. you just only have to dodge with additional minus defense)
    -palmas/knightwalker ranger armors (hard to obtain and its defense is slightly greater than lvl 50 armors)

There are many sources to obtain accuracy to hit dodgers and most of these sources are easy to obtain except fine armors and Violent amulets(except if your race always get to kill draco first) and most of the dodge sources are hard to obtain(upgrading mercy boots and dodge elementals) and easy to counter(anti-buff grenade,individual/offensive cancelation)
    that makes dodger easy to counter and in additional, the destruction rune.

Regarding to Destruction rune, it is not so easy to dodge exploding characters since they are following you . By the time you debuffed them, they already explode. MAU's cannot use defense rune or any runes and this makes them more vulnerable to destruction rune combined with their slow speed.

Maybe you can counter destruction rune with defense rune but as i said earlier, almost all of the classes in accretia can use destruction runes and you can't counter all of them with a 5 minute cooldown defense rune. which makes you pretty vulnerable after countering one explosion.

14. KoezH

KoezH New Member

wow new server! cant wait for that

15. ImaDoki

ImaDoki Member

Regarding the portals... there is a very easy way to avoid glitchers inside them without taking them out....
    Make getting experience inside portals NOT POSSIBLE.

Easy and simple.

16. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Well, that's pretty much the only use of the 45-60 (and above) Battle Dungeons (portals). Making them get no xp would be the same as removing them (except for the leon BDs).
    A good option would be to REDUCE the xp gain from bds (making it more interesting for players to move their asses and xp in the wild rather than sit in HQ), but again, it would probably require some code alteration, which I don't think RedFox is able to do.

Archrome likes this.
  17. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

I mean they could theoretically change the monster spawns in the BD which would take care of the exp issue but I don't envision that being something that they would be allowed to do. One thing they could do is raise the price to make it harder to do a lot of BDs. Wonder if it's possible to make items in the shop limited like in guild vendor, sell only 5 a day or something like that. Wouldn't be surprised if that is hard coded in though.

Demented likes this.
  18. Demented

considering the code is there to do that for nukes im sure it'd be possible for them to 'copy paste' and adjust it for the BD keys. Like 30 a day per race or something? but, yea that's a nice idea

Sinner and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  19. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

Well the tricky part is how it's coded. If there is a Database Flag that determines whether an item is limited or not, then yea that's something RedFox can do no problem and should take more than 5 seconds to do. If If the item itself was coded outside of the database that determines it's limited, then that's more than likely not something RedFox can change at all. The former is good code practice, the latter is something I'd expect CCR to do, even if there are plenty of instances of limited items being a thing in various vendors.

20. Jynkz

Jynkz New Member

i think they can do it easily in database procedures and functions. i'm not a guro programmer but i do work on database queries, the RF Online uses a Stored Procedure.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.