Roar spams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by naruto234, Dec 22, 2021.

1. naruto234

naruto234 New Member

As far as i know, this version is 9d version. Is it possible to add a rule regarding lions roar spam? They do this everyday on tao server. Talking via roar in their language. People won't really mind if it's in english. And if they are teammates, why don't they just talk in their league chat.

spam.png

KimLy and Vashy like this.
  2. Vashy

Vashy New Member

This happens sometimes in Yin server too please GM!?

3. nomadstrike

nomadstrike Active Member

true wel on rf discord there is the rule only eng. why not the same rule in game

4. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

im cool with what ever they speak, i dont have a problem gogo have fun as long as you play this awesomes game

5. superdildog

superdildog Active Member

it's all fun and games until they spam roar when someone wants to sell something via roar.

Vashy and Alys2 like this.
  6. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

u need some roars holler

7. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

There are no rules against users speaking other languages in-game.

Additionally, there is a rule about spamming in-game, however, that is technically not spamming. They are just players having a conversation on Lion's Roar, so there really is no rule or action we can take against it.

Leocain, Daoji and Alys2 like this.
  8. Alys2

Alys2 Active Member

you need a roar ask me if i have i give 2 you

9. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

This makes me happy, for the simple fact that we can not afford to alienate those whom speak other languages---9D population is already low as it is and adding rules based on language are prejudicial, and will make people leave!
    When the LionsRoar banter (english included) gets to be too much I simply turn it off.

I'd rather see RF add a 'Buy & Sell', or 'Market' chat.

Leocain likes this.
  10. nomadstrike

nomadstrike Active Member

wel i agree no rule on speaking there lang but what wil happen we dont untherstand what they are saying so thay can harras us in any way they want so therefor i not agree in this matter they can chat in leage ore in messenger ore whit wisper but not agree whit roar

KimLy likes this.
  11. Leocain

Leocain New Member

Wait, hold on, I actually had to log in for this.
    One, I understand how a language barrier can become an issue in world chat on any game so I can see the frustration there. Two, I would rather see an actual conversation in ANY language than a 3-Min [WTS] spam from 4 or 5 different people. There's already an entire map for buying/selling/trading.
    Third, Im going to try my best not to be toxic here... How entitled and insecure do you have to be to complain about other language speaking players, having a conversation, in a language you dont even understand, due to the slight chance they are being verbally harassing in an in game chat? That alone speaks volumes of your character. It's selfish "they cant see my [WTS] chats." It's ludicrous "I cant understand it therefore we should ban it", and mostly it's just plain racist.
    This is the equivalent of a person in a grocery store hearing a Spanish speaking family minding their own conversation and saying "this is America you need to speak English"
    My last point, people of any culture/faith/ethnic background having any amount of conversation in a chat free for all too see, in any language, is actually healthy to see for both new and returning players in a game of this population. It actually shows people still play and are not just afk for rewards or merchanting.