RF online - The oldschool days!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Psicopat, Oct 27, 2016.

?

What you loved more? and Why?

1. Code Masters - 50 lvl cap 1x rates

38 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Level up Games - 60 lvl cap 3x rates

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Games Campus - 65+ lvl cap 3x rates

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. RedFox - (the lvl cap is too damn high ) over 9000!

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Detonator

Detonator Active Member

he was IAMIMMORTALTANK, he spent alot of time with medina

2. Vezax

Vezax Member

Almost everything you said is wrong, people can not solo to 50, there is no BM and OCL when 50 was cap, only dagan of the dag brothers was in the game and the hardest boss was soul cinder, no special elementals, maps wont be empty if they dont exist.

It wont take people days to hit 50 with 1x exp it will take a very long time since the only spots to exp are in elan and there is no BD gate seller.

I think you should do your research before you say NO to everything.

3. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

ahh

4. fluttershypony

fluttershypony Active Member

Unless they do a hard rollback to an ancient game version which probably doesnt exist officially anymore since indonesia classic had to do a major CBT (no 4-5-6k pots, no super hp boosted warriors, cash shop accessories, restoration jades giving 3000hp per 2 seconds) it's extremely easy for any run of the mill tank to solo elan, tank+dps can solo it before respawn for like 2% an hour or more at x1 rate.

Back then you had 3k pots, 11k hp and agora mobs attacked for 2-3k very quickly. Now you have 27k hp 6k(8k+ warder) pots with 3000hp regen per 2 seconds and mobs attack for 5k (but really slow).

5. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

personally the content i dislike most are the runes, charms and generators. there's almost no reason for a jetpack anymore except for anti-crit. there's no class diversity because runes give people invulnerability, escapes, suicide(almost) dmg, etc.

they were unique mechanics to the game and were put on intermediary classes. sure not all were popular, but that was the trade off. some were still viable, like the bell astralist. legitimately not a terrible class.

it used to take a party or a pretty good tank/dodger to even get to elan XP spots because we didnt have sprint charms and stuff. not even cure pots unless you were accretian. pretty sure i don't even remember having tp potions as an option back then. cash shop options were literally like, iggy box, hp accessories, ammo, potions, jades and i can't remember any others.

and im still an advocate against the 1080sec class buffs. what is the point of stifle if i can't wait 240sec for accetian 8.1k potions to turn back into normal 6k pots. or dancing around a striker for 240seconds to make siege siege mastery fell off and then pvp

6. fluttershypony

fluttershypony Active Member

because its retarded to stop doing everything for 5 seconds every 120 seconds to give yourself a crit buff plus an attack/def buff, then every 2 seconds out of 240 seconds to give yourself an attack/accu buff, plus having to refresh your own buffs and force buffs.

Outdated, crappy design from the 90s/early 2000s. Better game design would just make stiffle reduce the effect of buffs by 50%(or whatever % balance is) until it's cured off, but this game gets a small update every 2-3 years while other mmos get equally sized ones every 6 months so yeah good luck with that one.

How many major updates has RF recieved in ELEVEN YEARS? beta->giga 3->4-> final(4.2)-> ep2(cash shop, combineable hora weaps, red series, lvl 50 cap still. codemasters skipped this) -> ep2.1.5 (55) -> golden age (65) -> lvl 70 cap/jetso/novajan -> summer update 80 cap (2 daily quests... small buffs.. nothing else)

most mmos have that many updates in 2-3 years.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  7. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

i don't think it's retarded, it's a unique buff that can't be removed or wiped off. yes you should have to rebuff it. the lower timer allows for counter play. your same argument about lack of development points out exactly why changing the mechanics of stifle wouldn't ever happen. so rather than hope for development that will never happen to debuff mechanics/changes/reworks, i think the original timers are fine. i do think that they could at least be synchronized or something though, like all of them 240. hell i think there was one that was just 300sec too. so you're always rebuffing because they drop at odd times.

8. Accord

Accord Member

You both guys have good argument and good points :D

Yeah, that is the grazier class buff at cora side, Life Conflict = 300 seconds, but the class buff with the biggest duration was back then, the acc melee, it had a gauge bar increase buff that lasted for 320 seconds.

9. Sassy

Sassy New Member

that content had to many glitches and hacks. if they can make it un hackable , level 50 cap rf was the best to ever exist . It def can revive this game and bring more players to one day play titan aswell.