RF Online Site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Namister, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Namister

Namister New Member

Hello GMs and Admins, when we click on the RF Online link on the Red Fox main page we are redirected to this page:
    [​IMG]

2. GoDSpeLL

GoDSpeLL Active Member

yeah, dude. there is something wrong or maybe the admins preparing the site for more informations for this game.
    hopefully they don't forget some guides :cool: too lazy to answer lowbie-questions :p

3. CookieLoJ

CookieLoJ Member

They are probabily editing the website....

4. Kolethal

Kolethal New Member

Wish they'd inform the players on forums on updates or at least answer to a couple of questions in some threads..

5. Bacon

Bacon Active Member

I think the staffs are kind of busy because of the other game which was released 2 days ago. They are experiencing a rough start because of of bugs and connection issues.

6. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

I dont think RF has a big team yet... im kinda scared that it's actually the gamescampus crew rehired under this changed name. Which would explain no GM activity on our section of the forums, and the other forum sections having active staff. I hope history isn't repeating itself and RF is getting a fresh start

CookieLoJ likes this.
  7. CookieLoJ

CookieLoJ Member

I thought the same and that was my bigest fear.
    I hope they changed the RFO cew....
    We need active GM's in-game and on forums.

If they didn't, I dont have much hopes on GC crew tbh. They are too unprofesional.

Bacon likes this.
  8. Demented

it's supposed to be launching soon and there still hasn't been any real info... dunno what to think now, tbh

9. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Maybe they're procrastinators? xD

10. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

They still have till the 23rd to provide you guys with more information. It would be good for the announcements to see more information about your server, we've got an abundance of available information.

11. Demented

If they wait till the 23rd to provide info about a service they're starting ima laugh.. that reflects on them so poorly. There is 1 week to go till the service is open. They're cutting it close

o_O dejavu

12. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

I don't even think it's dejavu, GC was very communicative when they first started service; we knew everything from CW times to event information well in advance. I remember there was a huge downtime when the servers first were supposed to come online and they were very transparent during the process. Only afterwards did things slowly get worse.

I guess we may be skipping the honeymoon phase with redffox. Granted they are releasing 3 games in a very similar time frame so I understand they may be very busy, but if you can't handle the load then stagger it better. Now that I am actively involved with community management in my time away from RF I know how important it is to communicate with your customer base; no one wants to feel neglected. Not actively communicating with your customer base is one of the biggest sins you can make in the gaming industry, it's also one of the biggest boons because even if you do something that vocal people may not like, talking can smooth things over. Language is a powerful tool, don't squander it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Seriaph likes this.
  13. Shinrae

Shinrae Member

Oh look we have a countdown now...progress?:rolleyes:

14. Seriaph

Seriaph Member

I've not seen this error on the website, but as a front end engineer I can tell you that if the company that built the site uses that as their maintenance page, it shows very poor form. It's unlikely they were updating it, more likely something just broke.

Completely agree with how essential communication is. It baffles me really how some publishers don't even communicate with their user base. Do they think ignoring them is going to make them happy?

Also progress counter breaks mobile. Bit of a fail.

15. johaylo

johaylo New Member

You think? I'm sure!

16. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

Didn't take very long to dig this up, I would be surprised at this point if the majority of staff at Redfox were not mostly GC or closely related to them:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/215630/Rumble_Fighter_Finds_New_Home_at_GamesCampus.php

Notice in the press release you see:
    Now if you go to: https://www.facebook.com/redfoxgames/posts/1696332513916083

Look who signed the post:

That took all of 2 minutes for me to find while on my phone, with more time I wouldn't even be surprised if we could find GM connections too.

If this gets deleted that's fine, I'm making no threats to the staff, just posting what is publicly available knowledge. I have no real issue with GC but I do wish Redfox could be a little more forthcoming with us. Not necessarily who they are, but just more so communicating with us in general.

Apologies if links are butchered, phone copy paste is impossible.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Dan and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  17. NINJAFoxHound

Funny, the link looks invalid. Did the source get deleted ?

18. AyyLMAO

AyyLMAO Active Member

19. NINJAFoxHound

Nice, thanks !
    After seeing this, i just hope they will manage it differently than GamesCampus, and are not a "reboot" of it. They better not f*ck this up (again).

Well after all we all know how much money can RF and a "new" server rack in, so next time a publisher fails, I swear I'll open a publisher right myself and make an official server by the players, for the players (yes I know, it's called Private server haha).

AyyLMAO likes this.
  20. Dan

Dan Active Member

I believe it was all just to get rid of the old forum software. And it was worth it.

They got my support.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    AyyLMAO and hellprowler like this.