Return the Damage Values back to normal!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draygashi, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Exactly.

2. Draygashi

3. GuanYinping

GuanYinping New Member

Listen to ****** Draygashi RF! He try his best to save RF!

alcandy1 and Draygashi like this.
  4. Mitsuke

Mitsuke Clean Up Crew

Nimonix wont fix this there useless. I quit playing this game cause of the way its going. Its quite boring now anyway 3 matches a month i can handle before i sign out thru sheer boredom.

BJJFromGJJ and Draygashi like this.
  5. Shihan

Shihan Well-Known Member

You dont even win any matches wtf ROFL i would be bored too if i spent 3k a month just to lose everytime i login

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  6. AdamClegg

AdamClegg New Member

There is no reason to fix the damage values. The damage values were never meant to be equal. It would defeat the purpose. Set a Striker and Elementist str values equal to each other and the striker would still win because of hp difference and armor.
    You're basically asking to reset the stat values for each class and have them all be equal. Back in the day the female counterparts of each class had different stat values as well. The whole idea was exclusivity not equality. Exclusive items for each class benefited their main stat values. You wouldn't see Strikers spamming exos or Elementist killing people with 1-2 juggles. Now everything is "All Class", exclusive items are all boxed/event based and base class stat values mean nothing when everyone has 40+ stats in each category, not to mention avalon that adds unseen stat values with certain conditions. They stopped making things exclusive because it took too many patches to provide something for one class while neglecting every other class. Shaman and Android being prime examples. This will never be "fixed" since it goes against what the game was originally based off of. Better off asking for a trade system.

doston8 likes this.
  7. Draygashi

You missed the entire point of this thread. The damage DISPLAY values are incorrect. It says you do 200 Damage for a punch, but in reality you're doing around 90.

NimoniX is trying to fool everyone into thinking they're doing a lot of damage or everyone does "around the same damage" regardless of stats. You must be one of the fools that fell for it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  8. AdamClegg

AdamClegg New Member

The damage values on display aren't wrong. The real value were multiplied by 2 since they didn't include decimals for smaller damages on multi hits. For example if you have 2 of the same scroll with a multiple hit where each hit is below 70 the str value increase wouldn't equate to "1" it would be a fraction of that. The damage display was increased to show a more realistic numeric value.

To further test my point, before the values were increased hits did around 100 damage on average. If you did a multi hit the damage would be around 20-30. If you add 1 str that 1 str sometimes wouldn't be added to the multi hit. If you multiply the multi hit damage by 2 you can see a bigger number where the fractions were added. The numbers you provided don't take in account the less values that aren't shown since they only show whole numbers. Even on Single hits an increase of 1 str doesn't equate to "1" added on damage because you have to factor in the scroll damage as well as the class damage.

doston8 likes this.
  9. Draygashi

Here is a video of a Striker with 25 STR dealing 175 Damage vs an enemy with 3000 HP and 25 ARM:

37 Hits x 175 Damage per hit = 6,475 Damage towards HP.

Stats are shown in the video below

Here is a video testing out Avalon Damage.

Maka has 3000 HP. My ExoCore's attack did 1300 Damage without an Avalon, and almost 1500 Damage with an Avalon. Wouldn't that mean 2-3 attacks at most would kill Maka? Apparently not, it took 5 attacks each with and without the Avalon.

1343 Damage x 5 Hits = 6,715 Damage towards HP
    1498 Damage x 5 Hits = 7,490 Damage towards HP

NeptuneBot likes this.
  10. Draygashi

@AdamClegg I have video proof. Maka has 3000 HP, and I'm doing "175 Damage" per hit. I killed her in 37 hits. 37 x 175 = 6,475 Damage towards HP. But she has 3000 HP....

Back on OGP, or at least before this damage inflation, 1 STR increased your single hit damage by 1. So any first punch would do 90 Damage with 20 STR, 91 Damage with 21 STR, etc.... AND THAT WOULD NOT CHANGE PER CLASS LIKE IT DOES NOW. Now Striker's with the SAME STR do more damage than a Soul Fighter WITH THE SAME STR.

NeptuneBot likes this.
  11. AdamClegg

AdamClegg New Member

FIrst... Strikers never had anything below 24 STR. Back when we couldn't see stat numbers we had to compare damage between classes using the same scroll or default. It was always understood that strikers did 4 more than Soul Fighters 6 more than Alchs and 8 more than Eles. We based our damage values on the training bot which had 20 arm since the damage values could be replicated on another striker.

I'm not sure were you are getting this universal damage of 90 for 20 STR because the only way you could do the same damage as someone else with similar stats would be to use the same class. That's why in 1v1s we always used the same class because that was the only way to get a even match. Why should a soul fighter who is already faster than a striker be able to match a Striker in combat damage? Do the math. The difference in stat numbers would be +4 str and +4 arm for a Soul Fighter to match a Striker. For a Striker to match a Soul Fighter in Speed it would need +5 speed and + 4 jump. Not including stats like HP and SP which matter. How is that fair? It wasn't meant to be fair. That's why I said... the idea isn't about equality, it's about exclusivity.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  12. AdamClegg

AdamClegg New Member

Add up the total of each class Stats and tell me what you get and then explain to me how the damage should be equal.

13. Draygashi

I told you how to get 20 STR with Striker in the original post. The item has been around since OGPlanet. The "Universal 90 Damage Rule" came from testing the first punch of every Scroll. Every first punch with 20 STR (Doesn't matter which class) did 90 damage.

I'm only saying Damage should be equal if they have the same stats. If I have 20 STR on a Elementalist and 20 STR on an Alchemist, that should mean the damage is the same. It has been like that for YEARS until this damage update in 2016.

NeptuneBot likes this.
  14. Draygashi

15. Draygashi

@AdamClegg I can tell you didn't read the entire post.

16. AdamClegg

AdamClegg New Member

Add me so I can show you the proper test

17. Draygashi

Logging in now.

18. Draygashi

19. AdamClegg

AdamClegg New Member

So after testing the general consensus is, Both formulas add up just one is smaller and easier to work with. The only dispute that was left was whether or not the values back then were equal for different classes. I've never seen it and Dray doesn't have any visual proof but he knows for a fact that it used to be that way so we really can't say for certain yet.

Solutions that we came up with would be
    1. Fix display of all values (damage is multiplied by 2 but everything else isn't )
    Stats don't equal what they represent (1 STR isn't 1 on the new formula but can equal 0.75, 1 or 1.25 depending on scroll, on old formula 1 STR = 1STR but only on bigger hits, it may or may not show on smaller multi hits. Same applies for HP and ARM. everything else is universal.)
    2. Release the formula for how stats, exos and scrolls are valued.
    3. Allow us to change the settings of the display to show either the old formula or the new one.
    4. Someone show proof that 2 different classes with the same ARM and STR did the same damage before November of 2016

Draygashi likes this.
  20. 1Blubie1

1Blubie1 New Member

The sad part about this whole thing is that it's been almost a year since this post was created and still no action was taken from their side. From what I'm seeing, the game is slowly dying while the devs are acting as if they're blind and deaf. Creating "new" boxes with the same items from 6-8 years ago won't save your game. Listening to your playerbase will, especially one that wants the game to live more than you do. I'm proud to be a part of this community throughout all these years, but also, I'm dissapointed in your lack of interest in the game, devs. It's just cruel watching a game you love collapse by its own..

I really hope this gets addressed and if the people behind the game decide to care about it the game they'll see that it still has potential, even more than 10 years after its release. Just listen to your playerbase, it really is that simple. :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Yeezus and Draygashi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.