Retro Exocores and the Guardian Exocores (Yaki, Skyhorn, Phantom, Xero)

Discussion in 'Exocore' started by Utemeko, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Utemeko

Utemeko New Member

Retro Exocores:
    These are exocores that do not stack up to the current exocores that are running rampant in the game. There is no longer any reason for these to stay as a cash shop item as they are almost obsolete and pretty much never bought. Example of these would be:

Dragon Striker
    Night Wolf (All colors)
    Psychic Charger
    Spark Cuttlefish
    Cyclone Charger
    Iron Armor (All of them including the Laser and Missile version)

While there is almost no value in these exocores as RC as, they may be deemed worth it for those players with carats as it no longer requires money, just time.

Guardian Exocores:

Xero Discus
    Phantom Core
    Yaki Cannon
    Skyhorn (Maybe all of them)

These should no longer be timed or RC. There custom variant are Carats and can do their job just as well if not better and those are permanent. They are considered the defining point of the classes and as such should be a lower cost carat item for those who just reach guardian status.

You guys already did this with some of the Scrolls and you can see somewhat of an uptick in those scrolls appearance. Maybe you can breathe some life into older exocores as well.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    HumanExperiment likes this.
  2. HumanExperiment

HumanExperiment Member

Spark Cuttlefish is such an rare sight (even when rf was somewhat popular). I support making it carats, should definitely see more play.

3. Utemeko

Utemeko New Member

Agreed. Even on OGP when it was first released there was only a handful of us that actually bought it because there were other exocores that could do what it did better. Suriya which is carats being one of them. There are quite a few more exocores that can fall into that category but I haven't actually sat down and looked through the shop. I do know that the Iron armor's need to be added to that list. The only time you ever see it is in boss mode. That actually goes for all of them.

Cielos likes this.
  4. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

At this point they might as well put some old exo and scrolls that are rc into carats lol.

5. Utemeko

Utemeko New Member

I agree, but you start with baby steps and look at the oldest things first. While I did list Cuttlefish which isn't as old as the rest of the cores listed, I put it up there because it falls with the cheapest permanent RC exocores which all belongs to Elementalist.

6. HumanExperiment

HumanExperiment Member

idk man. dont get me wrong, i love the idea of having underrated/outdated rc exos become carats but im not too confident that redfox would be willing to follow through with this. i mean they pump out so many boxes/rc content and carat updates maybe once every 6+ months.

maybe sunmudo/boxing becoming carats was just a exception and not a expectation.

at this point id be satisfied if they could make 1 outdated rc exo or scroll into carats PER MONTH. i think that'd be pretty fair. maybe have the community guide them as to which ones are outdated. idk its pretty much a pipe dream at this point.

but HYPPEEE!! for when spark cuttlefish becomes carats... if it ever does

7. Miria

Miria Member

Bring Devil Shadow back =)

PlumeBerry likes this.
  8. Utemeko

Utemeko New Member

Yeah, I was never looking at it from a mass shift to carats, just a few per update. Especially on updates when they release a new exocore. (Exception on Shaman and Andro core releases) There is no longer any reason for certain exocores to stay RC as I look at it from this point of view:

If I am buying RC to buy an exocore/scroll, I'm going to buy the flashiest most OP thing I can get.

Those older exocores will never fit that billet and as such they won't bring in money unless some significant changes are made to them. Same goes for some of the clothes. Just about every glove has become absolutely obsolete as a stat item due to the Winter set have two slot glove, but that is another battle I am not fully interested in. (Note not saying every glove should now be carats because of it, but definitely should be leaning on more carat gloves with better stat options)

HumanExperiment and PlumeBerry like this.
  9. PlumeBerry

PlumeBerry New Member

its already on ur back. look closely when u activate it ;^) #badjokes

10. Cielos

Cielos Active Member

Like moi. Cuttlefish is fun on moonlight valley. Making people blind for split seconds. But i get your point amigo.

11. DevaObito

DevaObito Active Member

Bro, Spark Cuttlefish is pro troll exo.. it deserves it's spot on the rc list.