Remove Air-Panic/Roll Mechanic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wizna, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Our goal was for more productive discussion about air-panics. The mechanic itself will not be removed and is a valuable addition to the game.

2. Wizna

Wizna New Member

How is this valuable to YOU though? You don't even play the game....
    What statistics or polls validate this as valuable?
    What criteria are you basing this on?

I'm just curious, since I can see my lone efforts can't sway a decision. Everyone who actually plays 24/7 doesn't "forum," like I do occasionally.

3. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Yea. You are the definitely one of trashest player if you cannot stand these new feature.

Learn to play game. We need new mechanic and deal with it.

I destroyed some niga used airpanic which basically they wasted their good to use. I don't know how to f****** to use it cuz ima old gen that I play rumble fighter since 2007 and still destroy em.

If you can't stand it, how about uninstall this game?

4. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

In response to your insults towards my character based on my opinions which conflicts with yours:
    Hey, great. Nice to have a calm discussion about this mechanic without any insults being slung around. > .>
    The correlation is "People who use scrolls specifically for the ease of juggling, such as Zin TKD and PKK, are also the ones who currently complain about anything that saves their victims from their otherwise inescapable death caused by those cheap juggling scrolls." Your opinion is negative towards a mechanic that saves someone from ONLY ONE juggle or fence-edger. (Two if they're under level 15.) As I stated, 2x panics do not work with the air recovery panic, and there's a lot of counter play available against this counter-play to juggles.

In response to this topic, in general:
    At any rate, this whole debate seems to be like this:
    One side doesn't like the mechanic because "It gives them a chance to live after a juggle; Two chances if they're new."
    The other side likes the mechanic because "It is easy to play around due to how limited it is and can save you from the many overpowered exocores and scrolls one time if you're careful."

One thing I'd like to add is that they could improve how the air panic looks to someone else's client. As it stands, it kinda looks like a glitch since it doesn't always show the little puff of smoke under the opponent when they use it. I'm not sure how to improve that, though, since I have no experience in programming online games like this one.

Now, this is a side note, and is only relevant to some people, but I DO play the game a LOT. Probably about 6 - 8 hours each time I log on, which is usually about 3 - 5 times a week. I, however, do not play a lot of Cove or Dos, as those are usually played with Teams, and I have a deep hatred for Team Battle due to how steam-roll centric it is on top of the rampant use of giant, Overpowered AoE exocores and Attack Booster.

Draygashi and Sasori like this.
  5. Wizna

Wizna New Member

DON'T BELIEVE ME? PRIME EXAMPLE.
    @ 9 mins 10 seconds....

Clearly you see here a player with an optimal build uses his SKILL to land a nice drop juggle on cove....COVE....
    Then upon completing the drop and ending it with an edge the opponent AIR PANIC/ROLL back onto the map
    Densetsu then goes on to express complaints VERBALLY on said mechanic.
    " You know what I hate the most now? That freakin' recovery sh*t! Why did they add that to the game? Why? Just why? And now he's gonna run away."

I can't make this stuff up people. His post was completely unrelated to mine and I just so happen to see it in another section of forums! Glad I watched. What's the point of us doing all this work sometimes to kill someone if they're just gonna hop right back on the map and run away? To possibly KILL US in return or end up being " kill stealed AKA ks" by someone else later? Bullsh*t.

And don't try to say oh this is just one person. Nah man a mass of people say this same thing everyday, I see it everyday. Like I said in a previous post they just don't take time like I do make a post/complaint about it.

6. ProfessorZtar

Oh hey, look. RAGE BF LE. That's such a skillful scroll. Totally. Mmm hmm. 100% agree with you and am 100% not sarcastic.
    >.>

7. iwannadielel

iwannadielel Well-Known Member

can you guys help me with my essay since you're so good at writing them

8. Wizna

Wizna New Member

Focus on the drop juggle on a normally non-dropping map not the scroll hun.

9. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

As @[GM]Toast previously stated, they aren't going to remove it... However, maybe we can find mutual grounds to ATTEMPT to please the masses? Players love it, while others hate it. Then, there are the few in the middle. How's about it is made into a room option (like other features that should be) and give the option to disable it if the room master chooses to? We need more room customizing options so every room doesn't look like a copy paste of every other room.

Just like the players who hate the Air Panic, there are players who hate ExoCores. Solution? Make a room option that disables the feature(s) that players do not wish to see at the moment. There are players who hate dying so quickly in the game, True Battle was made for those players who hated dying so quickly and for the players who hate reviving / bungee items.

Personally, I don't see the problem with it as I can only use it once per round and it has helped me escape some VERY cheap deaths, while at the same time I have been predicted of its use and jump kicked as soon as I happened to do it.

Now, if only we can get into these types of discussions with other parts of this game... We could probably get somewhere (providing the developers cared in the slightest)...

Sasori likes this.
  10. ProfessorZtar

I'm sorry. I wasn't really focusing on the basic drop that's made easier by the use of Rage BF LE. I mean, it was a nice, basic drop juggle for cove, equivalent to the drop juggles from the top platform of Moon to the edge on the left. Still, he knew the guy had a panic from the fact the game just started and the guy hadn't used a panic yet, on top of knowing that air-panics exist, so he should have played accordingly. It's not the air-panic's fault he didn't get that kill; it was from his own lack of judgement. (As in, he got outplayed at the last second.)

It's like getting an advance juggle going, only to be stopped by your opponent's first panic on the last hit. :v Should we just get rid of all panics in general, then?

I looked a little closer at the juggle; yes, it's still basic, but it's a little nicer since he used a fencer as the launcher to initiate the drop, like using Muay Thai's PPP to drop, or Dowul's PPPP. If I were to give it a grade (F - A), that'd be a C level drop instead of a D level drop.

Sasori and Draygashi like this.
  11. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

When redfox is a bigger troll than the trolls themselves. "If you think air panics should be removed from the game, let us know..."
    And then they hit you with the bait and switch. "The mechanic will not be removed."

If your intensions are to spark conversation about the game, just say something like, "How do you feel about the air panics?" Not something that sounds like you're looking to make a change.

Regardless this thread is full of people not respecting each other's opinions.

12. Visionnnn

Visionnnn Member

Well they did start off with “Do you think” which in terms is asking for player’s opinions which gives everyone the opportunity to either agree or disagree with the statement. Although could of probably been worded better, you right.

On topic: At the end of the day it is a fighting game after all so you should try to adapt and evolve.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Sasori and Draygashi like this.
  13. Visionnnn

Visionnnn Member

Damn still keep pressing reply instead of edit..

14. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Air panic is dumb though.

15. Wizna

Wizna New Member

I can agree with adding room editing/customization features.

16. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Here are some big facts, ahem, that air panic is b.s.

17. ProfessorZtar

Only if you don't play around it. If you know they have their first panic available, you can play around their air panic, just like you can with a normal panic.

18. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I learned how to play around it, you can just ram or just predict it. I learned it pretty fast and even have video recordings of it, BUT doesn't mean I still don't hate it and think that it's b.s. It's still B.S. to me.

19. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Actually from what I've noticed ,you can predict air panic just like normal panic ,which makes people mad af xD idm these mechanics at all . - RF player since 2008

Draygashi and HumoLoco like this.
  20. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I randomly was watching a video on rf and someone else commented saying they hated it around 3:10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.