Rate Stealing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doston8, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

1.)
    Is this an actual thing?
    Does this actually exist?
    Proof?
    Anyone with confirmations?

2.)
    Does this apply with enchanting only or does it apply with boxes as well if it exists?

3.)
    Better to open boxes 1 at a time or spam open without any care?
    Pros? Cons?
    Discuss faktz.

HumoLoco likes this.
  2. wolfierapssss

wolfierapssss New Member

I can't say for sure but Statistically speaking, since the game's randomness follows a RNG(random number generator) for rates, it shouldn't matter whether you open boxes 1 at a time or spam without any care.

However, I have heard in the past that spam opening boxes got people better loots than individually opening them.
    With no proof and only claims from different people, we can't know for sure. If `stealing rates` do exist, then I wonder how it actually works.

*following post*

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    xgone and doston8 like this.
  3. doston8

bet thanks faktz

4. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

The players of the game may know what's inside each of the boxes (or what's been opened seen so far) however since the game developers nor community has no data on the rarity of specific scrolls/exocores we cannot make any assumptions when it comes to ratings on boxes. We could assume that scrolls and exocores such as Yellow Dragon and Alkane are rare but, this may be caused by other reasons.
    • Possibly the boxes they come in have a lower chance of getting the item in correlation with other boxes.
    • The boxes that have said item have a lower availability than another 'rare' item.
    • Players do have this item but choose not to use it
    • Or the most obvious assumption is that the game has no mechanic when it comes to assessing the rarity of scrolls and/exocores that come in boxes.
    For something like this to be assessed one would have to get all the items in a box at least twice and have a calculator handy to find all the possible outputs for how many times it would take to get the item in mere percentages. As easy it may seem, that's probably what the game developers want -- people to spend $100s of dollars to find out your chances of getting Zin Taekwondo (R) in boss mode.

MMORPGs don't have the "rarity" mechanic included (and for the ones that do they tell you what's rare rather than the chance to get it) because they want to make the playing field equal for all players. However, in a game like this, the only equality comes from how much you're going to spend compared to the next player.

Most MMORPGs are moving more and more into the pay-to-win aspect because the gaming industry is slowing dying to due to most of the world's population becoming realists to the thinking that games are only for short-time entertainment. Gaming used to be a lifelong commitment that you could be getting paid for bigtime. But now it's just becoming the question "This is something I could be doing, not what I want to do."

* Not to spoil gaming for you but, it's how the world is shaping out to be.

xgone and doston8 like this.
  5. doston8

From my experience, I think it's probably just each item is individually set a percentage (if RNG then its just a number to another number like 1 - 90 or some sht in percentage form so if its like 10% chance then it would be 1-100 out of 1000 or something like that probably idk). I spam opened the boxes a couple hours ago and I pulled out quite a bit of goodies. Idk if rate stealing exist though but at the very least, spamming open the boxes is less time consuming and feels just right if you know what I mean xD.

In the past the RNG thing i stated above is what mmorpgs did for their loot chests and what not but idk, each game has its way of doing things

6. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

I agree, I tried being a good girl and opening boxes one a time crossing my fingers I got something good but, spamming through the boxes are a lot quicker, and I keep my eyes peeled on the announcements to see if I got something superb. In fact, I do that for all boxes I obtain during events, RC, etc.

doston8 likes this.
  7. doston8

yeah last time I did it one at a time as well and the megas just wouldn't put respect on my name so this time I spammed it and the megas wouldn't stop calling my name out. I was happy af, so happy that I deem this xmas a success. Round 1 of boxes wasnt the best but round 2 was definitely better. We can only cross our fingers that round 3 out does round 1 and 2. Albeit round 3 will have less boxes than 1 and 2 BUUUUUUUT at the same time round 3 will be guaranteed perms sooooo you know.
    Although it wasn't the year of the pencak... buuut its okay, round 3 has yet to come!

8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Rate stealing does exist in Rumble Fighter. If you don't know how to be the king gambling or have no idea how are they work, then you have no rights to speak.

Even rate stealing is really does existance in the real world where you gonna win da lottery but they stole you.

doston8 likes this.
  9. doston8

I buy my parents some lotto every now and then... they never listen when i tell them this sht fraud but they still like playing the game so its w/e. loooool faktz

HumoLoco likes this.
  10. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Same here, I don't buy boxes because I want a rare, I buy them to support the game. You shouldn't spend money on a game to be overpowered or have the best items -- that kind of ruins the game if you ask me; Try to have as much fun as you can, and if you get bored then spend a few dollars to make your momma holla.

doston8 likes this.
  11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Yea. I literally won da $500k lottery a few month ago. but you know what. they taxed me $250k and now i have $250k. what a super scammed.

12. doston8

damn must feel nice faktz :>

HumoLoco likes this.
  13. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

but must be nice if i get full refund from all my taxes next year hahahah.

doston8 likes this.
  14. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Applies only to enchanting

doston8 and Suite like this.
  15. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Rate stealing applies to enchantment only. However, do it wrong and you'll see that your gem will fall from +9 to a +5.

doston8 and Draygashi like this.
  16. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Did you know that rate stealing are applied to enchanting, boxes, and more shet?

I can prove you. If i see you get sage master on mega, i quick to open box get sage master perm but you got 30 day. that's stealing rate.

17. doston8

LOL faktz :>

HumoLoco likes this.
  18. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

fact af ;>

doston8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.