Powerlevelling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodySpear, Dec 9, 2020.

1. BloodySpear

BloodySpear Active Member

Hello fellow Dragons & Staff,

I am sure I’m not the only player who experiences the issue of (new)players asking for powerlevels.

it came to my attention that a lot of these “new” players are asking for powerlevelling, get powerleveld to a high level and then get stuck on gear and gold.

The next thing they’ll do is the most annoying thing and that is that they’re going to beg everyone for gear/gold or items because they don’t have any knowledge about how to actually play the game.

My question here is if it is possible to maybe restrict the shared party somehow so players actually level their own character and get to know the game instead of being powerleveld from 0 tot 200.

[​IMG]

2. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

The problem is players are lazy

3. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

so maybe this is a dumb answer.
    but what if u just say no to that question ?

4. BloodySpear

Oh it’s not about me feeling urged to give these players items.

It is about the fact that I’ve spoken to multiple players who haven’t played this game more then 3 hours in total and they’re already powerleveld to IM+

What is happening then is that they don’t understand how the game works, they get stuck and it’s simply not how this game is supposed to be played.

These new players will probably get frustrated eventually by getting stuck and quit.

I don’t think that’s good for the image new players recieve by playing this game.

5. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I’ve come across many hg and HI lvl players, even some IS lvl that have no idea about how to add or change weapon or relic options, how to refine or many basic game functions.
    Or there’s the other side that are like you said in game for a few hours, plvl to IM or HG yet know and ask about lvl 3 kl relics, tiger heads etc.
    Some are genuine noobs, also lots of imposters. If I was a noob player after 3 hours I’d probably have joined a clan and ventured to next map and that’s about it. Not already asking about mid tier items

Alys2 likes this.
  6. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Can also see they phys players harass ck users to go to llgc too.
    Was a player in my league, won’t name names but as soon as certain people came online he wanted to go to llgc. Fair enough he helped with the passes but would only farm when ck users offline. Never grind on their own, ck user pops up and bam LLGC?

Alys2 likes this.
  7. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Got all the way to IS6 relying on others

ZhouWarden and Alys2 like this.
  8. BloodySpear

Yeah, well the people I have encountered are not asking for specific items, just gear in general.

I’ve been playing this game since 2007 and yeah Ofcourse powerleveling has always been here, hence it used to be illegal and people were using vpns to powerlvl I know all of that.

But nowadays it doesn’t seem like the majority is leveling on their own anymore. I see roars with people advertising for free powerlvls or people asking for powerlevels.

It’s just sad to see that a huge part of the game
    Is gone missing here.

the staff probably won’t give a damn anyway since people will probably spent “faster” in their eyevieuw because they get stuck..

Well I think the opposite :rolleyes:

9. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Too much to do in game, not enough time for people to invest in game. Spend life grinding or farming. Farming for most people results in crafting fails = wasted time.

I understand people want to be able to advance quickly and enjoy the game at high levels but in doing so they miss a massive portion of the game

ZhouWarden, Alys2 and BloodySpear like this.
  10. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

If all the craft rates were easily visible like some of them are, that alone would probably be enough for a vast majority of the population to quit because they got more chance of winning the lotto and moving into the playboy mansion

Alys2 and BloodySpear like this.
  11. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

If we could calculate drop amkubt better, so build a nice drop opt that wouod be helping a lot.

I always say no to those things, even in my league its only hg4 to hg9, and ofc when ur a phy role, when u farmed enoigh passes maybe at is2 again if u are a phy role ofc.

12. Diana4teen2603

Diana4teen2603 New Member

I'm has been this situation one.
    Got disciples, ask for gold (150m, not much)
    Then ask for gear, weapon.
    As long as I can't afford it, he/she is gone.
    Btw, I'm played this game for a long time. (almost >10y)
    Even this steam game,(3 years)
    Kinda stupid, but I played it on my own.
    No league, no party, no guide help, no friends. Just my own experience.(joined in 3-4 month ago)
    But it's fun.

13. Reyl89

Reyl89 New Member

I think that new players should lvl on their own, I loved alone until hg6 then I started with or and sometimes I got some pwlvl too, but never abuse... But as warrior I have to say one thing. Bling over is2 is kinda hard, maybe it s me that I m not strong enough with my equipment, but I cannot do GC runs and I have hard times in total too

14. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Made IS2 with warrior no problem. It's the grind from IS3-IS10 that's lame for warriors unless you have deep pockets and luck.

15. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

After srs its a different story.

Idk if u have seen it, but most of those players are the players who played before.
    They know the game or think they knkw, and don't want to play the forst part,, only the part where they stopped xd

Maybe u should ask that to them as well,, if they played before, often they say yes...
    Most players who didnt came far will play it like its a new game instead of asking or going for a plvl straight to tibet or even further

16. BloodySpear

I agree on this, sharing an xp party on high levels like HI/IS is totally understandable. Especially with a role such as a warrior.

but being powerlvld from lvl 0 tot a high level is just abuse.

Reyl89 likes this.
  17. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

There is no need to write anything else.

BloodySpear likes this.
  18. Trekkyng

Trekkyng Member

Wait, Wait...powerlevel was never illegal. I mean you're not abusing anything to get levels, shaded party is a game function.
    Illegal was the fact that some people would pay leagues to level them while afking over night and so on..and this happened when exp was low and also lower levels. I think the issue is the player itself and not RedFox..why would they care the way you get your levels? Not like they care much about anything ingame tho.

Sirme and Ozbud like this.
  19. Athuyar

Athuyar Active Member

Even you have levels you will not make it, you need gear, for that you need $. I know only few people who gave for free things in 9d and they are long gone.

You can help the disciples with game content and low items. In the end ask if worth your time.

nmpbl likes this.
  20. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

FYI gear means nothing without the knowledge.... Knowledge is more valuable than gear. I for one can make a completely new character and lvl/gear it to the same lvl and gear as my main without spending a dime in the item mall.