Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zodiac, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

I just learned that 90% of the file formatting on RF is closely tied to Nintendo game files, especially on the most recent ones, where Switch games have begun supporting .nsz files for their impressive compression ability as against to .nsp, which is the default Nintendo Switch Package file. Once the .nsz is decompressed to reveal the relevant strings of other files, it'll basically show more file extensions commonly associated with Nintendo game files. But, that's not really the main point of why I started this topic...

The real reason is that maybe RF can converge over to Nintendo and be marketed under their sponsorship, since this technically is a PG game, perfectly suited for Nintendo standards. Steam didn't work, small site publishers haven't been working (sorry gamescampus, redfox), and the community certainly haven't been very sanitary over the years.

I also can't help but notice that a few Switch games have NPC's that have an eerily similar resemblance to RF NPC body shapes.

2. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Ninjala

3. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Splatoon

4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Knowing why Steam didnt work is important to knowing whit Nintendo might not (wont) pick up RF; the fanbase was (still is) so toxic that within days of its steam release they review/vote bombed the game into the red zone and red games dont get recommended thru Steam algorithms. Steam literally had to manually suspend RF's score at Yellow in response. If RedFox didnt renew the contract of RFNA I honestly doubt anybody else would bc of how acidic our community it.