New RF Server Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gran104, Dec 17, 2016.

?

Do you agree with my petition?

1. Yes

52.0%
  2. No

48.0%
  1. Gran104

Gran104 New Member

Hi Admins,

It's my first time checking this server and have noticed in-game that only a few are actively online. Even talked to veteran players to ask questions about the history and average population. Since Redfox is the only CCR Licensed RF official server that I know, I would humbly recommend that you try to check the untapped market in Asia.

There are several private servers there with an average population of 300 to 600 active players. No dual login (meaning - majority are genuine players and minimum alts). I personally have played several private servers there but sadly usually last for only a couple of months due to GM corruption in-game resulting to players quitting.

Since there is a potential market in Asia, I would kindly like to suggest that you open a server with the following details below because I have noticed that most demand these type of rates.

I personally suggest that the new server be:

- LEVEL 50 Cap (Increase to 55 probably after 6 months or depending on the number of players that reached 55 or have an online democratic election in-game or forums)

-The level cap will be increased by 5s every couple of months until it reach the current cap or more. This way, it will take years before players get bored because casual players at least get to catch up with the competitive ones.

Why 50? Because this is the level cap where most Casual players feel comfortable with and can compete with competitive/high donor players. In addition, its usually the Casual players that play longer because they can only find time during their free hours after work or studies.

Why increase the level cap to 55 or by 5s after a couple of months? So that the Casual players can still Catch up in leveling with the competitive ones. Its the Casual players that you also need to consider because having a big gap in level will only result to the casual players quitting and looking for another sever or game. Simply because they can't keep up with the fast pace of high donors and competitive players. There should always be balance and fairness to maintain an active and enjoyable Chip Wars.

- Provide a Monthly Premium Service for additional server Income. Probably $6-10 would suffice to attract all potential markets in Asia. Rates below:

Rates without Premium Service:

EXP: x1.5
    DROP: x1.5
    PT/FORCE: x1.5
    ANIMUS: x1.5
    MAU: No experience per hit

Rates with Premium Service:

EXP: x3
    DROP: x3
    PT/FORCE: x3
    ANIMUS:
    x3
    MAU: No experience per hit

- No Premium Service Free Items
    - Remove the free 40 and 45 weapon box
    - Remove the returnees weapons
    - Remove Battle Dungeon keys npc like 45-60 to promote the classic leveling experience. This will also prolong the leveling time which will lengthen the gameplay duration.
    - Make Elven weapons and other Overpowered itemdrops from pit boss rented (12 hour duration) to prevent sudden imbalance as well as RMT.
    - Probably discuss with management if you could make the drop rate the same with and without Premium Service which is x3. This way, those Free Riders can remain playing to maintain the average population. Reason for this is to attract players, higher average population means higher chance to attract interested potential players because population is usually the first thing they check.

Reason why there should be no premium service items is to maintain the classic RF experience. This is what most Asian players are looking for. You should also not provide new server freebies that would fasten the leveling of players because faster leveling means getting bored faster because they have already reached the goal. Probably an event like the first 50 players to reach 47 per race will win a legacy blade and the first guild to be established per race will win permanent event middle rings 15% hp/fp 10% attack (first 8 members of the guild will be rewarded), is enough to promote the new server and encourage people to play immediately with excitement.

As regards the in-game Cash shop, it would be best to remove the Talic ignorance upgraders because this is usually abused by high donors. Yes, it will definitely decrease the server income but in the long run, the monthly premium service of casual players will greatly exceed or even surpass that. The Teleport Potions, experience items like Chocos, jades, pt seeds and other consumables would suffice because there is a high demand of these items in-game. Usually Casual players also invest in such items aside from premium service to improve their gameplay.

Now, I will discuss further the reason why you should remove the Talic Ignorance upgraders. These items are usually abused by high donors because they want to immediately get a +6-7 keen/mercy/favor/grace/darkness upgrade. Yes these items are profitable but there is also a downside to these items and that is the imbalance it will immediately provide in-game. These types of imbalance will result to population decline because some moderate donors/casual players can't cope up with the pace and will usually decide to quit the game. Take note, the goal of the server is to retain a certain number players which is an average of 700-1000+ daily active users. This quantity is a combination of low, medium and high donors. The best solution to retain all is to sacrifice the source of imbalanced items. If these guidelines are met, I will assure you that Redfox might even suddenly open a couple more servers with the same rates and guidelines because the market has expanded globally. Why am I sure? Because in my country alone, there are already a couple of privately owned and operated servers that has an average active population ranging from 200+ to 600-700+. If all of them get the news that Redfox a CCR license RF official server is releasing a game with the rates they desire, I guarantee majority will join and play. If given that the guidelines are met, the server might even reach years before players start getting bored. What is always important is to maintain the balance in-game. Also hold democratic elections in decision making such as increasing level cap from 50 to 55. Reason is because its the players that play the game, hence it is them that knows best when to move forward. Giving players some type of decision making power is sometimes appreciated.

As regards the in-game rules such as recording upgrades from +4 and up to avoid dupes, glitches and cheats, you may mail me for a more detailed explanation.

I have more information I can share which were gathered from the years I've played in private servers. All these, I'm willing to discuss so that a fair and balanced server will come to life. I'm not asking for anything in return, all I desire is to play in a server that is at least official in order to finally enjoy the game and avoid corrupt GMs in private servers.

I Hope that the admins get to read this and forward it to Redfox management for discussion and approval.

Thanks for the time and an immediate response is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Concerned gamer

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    CrisMary and nedius004 like this.
  2. Vezax

Vezax Member

Redfox aren't licensed to distribute RF Online in Asia, also all the other ideas are completely out of Redfox hands. Its like asking your local car dealership to sell their cards to Asia and also to modify the cars. They are just salesman.

3. Leksart

Leksart Member

You were crying for a merge. Hope you like it. xD

4. fluttershypony

fluttershypony Active Member

takes less than a week to hit 50on 3x rates on a fresh server even without daily quests/nerfs to sette and VC. Everyone would just end up bored once you get your hora weapon from calianas and use an upgrader.

5. Gran104

Gran104 New Member

I'm not saying they distribute it in Asia. It's more like, making a server that will cater to Asian's demand. Maybe trying something out of the box.

6. Gran104

Gran104 New Member

I agree, it takes less than a month. Probably weeks even for competitive players but how about for those casual players? I believe you would enjoy the chip wars more if there are more than 200 active players in the server. Do you agree? the proposition is focused more on active players participating in chip wars. yes getting to 70+cap is ideal but what will happen then? You reach 70 fast get items fast but would you enjoy it if you got only a few players to play with? who missed the old rf where every chip wars had 600-1k+ active participants? I do and I believe its happening in a lot of private servers in asia. Why can't redfox do something similar. Its just a suggestion, to bring back the classic rf gaming community. In addition, the petition includes removal of the upgraders.

Instead of the repeated merge new server merge thats hapoening. Thats what someone ingame told me. Why not try something out of the box for a change?

Cheers!

7. Leoisdead

Leoisdead New Member

VERY BRILLIANT IDEA!!! i hope this will happen.

CrisMary and Gran104 like this.
  8. Leoisdead

Leoisdead New Member

This idea would bring back the glory days of RF ONLINE. God i miss CW during year 2006-2009.

CrisMary and Gran104 like this.
  9. nedius004

nedius004 Active Member

Am totaly for this hope this happens oficial indo server is opening lvl 50 cap server next month hope whe ged it to here

Gran104 likes this.
  10. Gran104

Gran104 New Member

There is a lot of untapped market in Asia, maybe opening a server that caters to that untapped market might help Redfox. That server might even reach 2000+ population. Classic RF Online 2006, now thats what people are looking for.

11. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

The idea we had for seasons sounds more and more appealing

HungryHodor and Gran104 like this.
  12. fluttershypony

casuals don't generate any money, esp not from third world nations.

13. Gran104

Gran104 New Member

I would have to disagree, $6-10 monthly premium service looks appealing to casual players and is the current rate in several private servers in asia. I can even provide proof if necessary. You should learn to consider that casual players play a big role in the population. In reality, its the casual players that make up a chunk of the population in servers. Don't you miss playing in chip wars with a minimum of 700-1000 participants? most of them are casual players. In addition, being in a third world nation doesn't immediately equate to not donating.

Cheers!

HungryHodor likes this.
  14. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

$10 for 100 people is $1000.

They can just put jades on sale at $30 and sell 20+ in a day

15. Gran104

Gran104 New Member

I agree its small but it can help. In addition, some of those 700-1000 players can still purchase the jades your talking about.

What I'm pushing for is the classic rf experience some people desire. I believe RF Indonesia official server is bringing back the classic 50cap RF thats going to launch on January 2017. Maybe its time Redfox tries something out of the box and bring back a classic 50cap RF as well. Then maybe an increase in level cap every couple of months, like seasons. Won't hurt anyone if they try right? I'm sure a lot would be interested as well. Just a suggestion though.

Cheers!

HungryHodor likes this.
  16. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

why would anybody in his right mind buy jade on a server with lvl 50 cap?

17. Jimbo

Jimbo Active Member

I think he said jade as i used it as an example.

1. 700-1000 people? really? ok i will be super generous here and agree but thats only for the first 2 weeks. then it will go to 600 after people don't like the grind. Then 500 after one race because the best.

and 3 months later you have a pop of 300 people max and it will only get worse once people get bored of it.

2. It will probably hurt the main server a little, like when a new server opens up a lot of the lowbies (well the mid level people who think "I can't play titan as everyone to high" when they don't realise that lvl 65's are still one shots and they need to learn how to play better.)

18. fluttershypony

>private server

lol.

19. BustyMILF

BustyMILF New Member

yup. and the private server got way lot more population than the licensed one.

20. lanzzz

lanzzz New Member

@BustyMILF , private servers are only popular during the first month. After that people quit. And with your post, the only reason why RFNexus reached almost 1000k players was because of dual log-ins.
    What happened to your suggestion on the 50cap server at OMNI? seems hopeless?
    And you & gart brought the suggestion on the official server?
    You were crying on a private server because of the 65cap, yet wanted to try to play on an official server?
    Those are only basics when it comes to official server. In just a week, a lot of players would have reach the 50cap.
    And you'll be crying like a baby. Again.

Jimbo likes this.